Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pin Terms and Abbreviations Explained

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerboy View Post
    One more Ive been seeing a lot lately. Whats a Free D pin?
    Free-D stands for Fastened Rubber Element on a pin for Extra Dimension.

on the following example, the "Toy Story" part of the pin is a ball like rubber insert ... the FreeD part.

Last edited by elaw; 02-18-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Awesome, thank you.

I collect Pins, Vinyls and Dolls from Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, Sleeping Beauty, Frozen, Wreck It Ralph, Haunted Mansion, Epcot, Tinkerbell.

DisneyPinForum Veteran MaidMarian's Avatar
    What is a booster/booster set? And I think someone else asked but didn't get an answer, what is a chaser?

What about DSSH or DSF?
    Thank you SuiJerkJai for The AWESOME sig!!

Quote Originally Posted by MzMarie View Post
    What about DSSH or DSF?
    Disney Studio Store Hollywood & Disney Soda Fountain
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ King Candy Completist | Pinpics: Ninpin | Art: http://ninpin.deviantart.com

Thank u
    Thank you SuiJerkJai for The AWESOME sig!!

Snow Avenger
    Very helpful thank you

DisneyPinForum Member joy@disney's Avatar
    Wow very helpful as a newbie, I kindof wander around the forum lost most of the time anew amazed!
    I have a few more questions..
    1.when people post their holy grails are they showing what they are proud of and have or what they really want? Sort probably a stupid question!
    2. How do we find out info about where and when pin night is aim California.

My husband and I just got started and we are totally HOOKED!!! But very lost!! I have more questions but I will see if I can find them on the forum first.
    Thanks agin in for the help!
    Jenn
    LOVE LIST: Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Mickey with Minnie, Carl and Ellie (Up) and Disney Castles.
    Pinpic ID: joy@disney

can you explain what artist choice means. and why they are sought after by some?

DisneyPinForum Veteran sismelis's Avatar
    Hello all. This is a wonderful thread for a newbie like me. I wondered, after reading the discussion and definitions, how can you tell if a pin is a scrapper or scrapped pin? Sounds like the makers are using Disney molds? Would they truly look so different? I have bought numerous lots from EBay and now begin to worry that I've made some collecting mistakes! Still having fun and looking forward to my December trip to DLR.
    Sismelis

Well after I wrote last night's post I discovered the section about comparing pins. My questions are kinda answered...however, I'm not seeing the border mentioned as being apparent on some of the counterfeit pieces. What am I missing?
    Sismelis

great info thanks

Always great to brush up on my pin lingo, thanks for posting

Need a New or updated signature?
    Feel free to PM Me!

Hello all- a term I keep seeing but can't find more information on: Pin Traders Delight. Where does a Pin Trader get these? Are they LE pins?
    Sis

I am sismelis on PinPics
    txtwitcher74@gmail.com
    My Wants
    My Trades

OK, i think I may have answered my own question through the PTD thread....still a bit confused about the Ice Cream thing...

I am sismelis on PinPics
    txtwitcher74@gmail.com
    My Wants
    My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by sismelis View Post
    OK, i think I may have answered my own question through the PTD thread....still a bit confused about the Ice Cream thing...
    I have never had the experience but my understanding is that you purchase a PTD sundae and get the pin with it (GWP). GWP = "Gift with Purchase".

DisneyPinForum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SIandAM View Post
    can you explain what artist choice means. and why they are sought after by some?
    Would like to know this also and is it the same as artist proof?

DisneyPinForum Newbie
    Thank you for the information. I've been collecting pins since the early days and just recently started up again. This was very useful. Thanks, Linda

DisneyPinForum Newbie
    Being new to pin trading my husband and I are running into some issues. We have tried checking for info online, but we want to make sure what we are reading is correct. We read that authentic Disney pins are not magnetic. Not true we discovered when we put a magnet to some of the pins I bought at DLR. We are still trying to find out the answer to that one. Now we have run into German Pro Pins. They are beautiful pins, but extremely magnetic. What exactly are Disney pins made out of? Should they attract a magnet? How do we figure out if what we are buying is authentic? And please, take no offense - but I need facts, not opinions. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinket Finder View Post
    Being new to pin trading my husband and I are running into some issues. We have tried checking for info online, but we want to make sure what we are reading is correct. We read that authentic Disney pins are not magnetic. Not true we discovered when we put a magnet to some of the pins I bought at DLR. We are still trying to find out the answer to that one. Now we have run into German Pro Pins. They are beautiful pins, but extremely magnetic. What exactly are Disney pins made out of? Should they attract a magnet? How do we figure out if what we are buying is authentic? And please, take no offense - but I need facts, not opinions. Thank you.
    ProPins are real Disney pins, they are just older. Sedesma is another name you might find on the back of some older pins that are also real/authorized. ProPins are much nicer though.

As for the magnetic issue, I am pretty sure that has been debunked. Disney gets their pins from multiple manufacturers, so not all pins will be the same.

If you buy/trade for a pin online and are worried about it's authenticity, feel free to post photos here. True counterfeits have specific things to look out for on a pin by pin basis, but scrappers (overruns/defects not meant to be sold) can have a myriad of problems, and with Disney's quality control not being the best in general, all anyone can do is give an opinion on those.

Example of bad quality control on an authentic pin sold by Disney - I have an Alice pin directly from WDW that has yellow on her forehead and a dip on her chin. This pin should not have been sold, but it was, at WDW. Anyone buying it online would assume it is a scrapper, because it should have been.

Avoid buying from China or from anyone with negative feedback with scrapper comments on eBay.

Hope this helps a little!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ King Candy Completist | Pinpics: Ninpin | Art: http://ninpin.deviantart.com

DisneyPinForum Newbie
    Awesome input. Very helpful. Thank you.

DisneyPinForum Senior Member
    I have a pin with "MC" stamped onto the back. it's an LE 2000 from 2002. Anyone know what the "MC" stands for? TIA!

Your Friend Who Likes To Play timeerkat's Avatar
    According to this, it seems that MC stands for Mickey Co.

http://www.pintalk.com/forum/communi...-back-of-a-pin
    (Image wildly out of date; stay tuned!)

Many thanks to SiuJerkJai for the amazing signature images! <3

my wants | my trades

http://i.picasion.com/pic82/82ae4c1b94a0cceede6ae67f414c9e33.gif