Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Official docfish2u Disneyland area party updated! May 6, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by watzshakinbacon View Post
    So... how should I prepare for an event like this?
    Do I need to bring traders? I only have 2 right now, so should I stock up or something?
    Do I bring my collection? They're all currently on my board, so.. do I take them off and bring them?

SO MANY QUESTIONS! Thanks in advance :]
    Imagine the most friendly people you can. Now imagine if all of those people were pin traders, and at an event you were going to attend. That is how you should prepare. (I would stock up on some traders)

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Thank you Speedwaystar1 for my signature!

Looks like we can make it this year! We have missed going to this but mostly we have missed our DPF friends! I am going to try to offer up 10 pin grab bags on here with the pins being on card if anyone is interested in getting some traders on the cheap! Check the sales board for our deals. CAN'T WAIT to see you two! Barbara too! We LOVE you guys!

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight docfish2u's Avatar
    Do I need to bring traders? I only have 2 right now, so should I stock up or something?
    Do I bring my collection? They're all currently on my board, so.. do I take them off and bring them?

If you want to bring a lanyard of your keeper pins to show off that works well. Bring any traders you have. This is a great way to meet people in person who you may have only seen here on DPF. There are a lot of really nice people!!! It is also a great way to learn about trading, most people are happy to explain things to anybody who has a question about anything pin related. We look forward to meeting you! Don't forget to talk to me about making you a DPF name button!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocke01 View Post
    Looks like we can make it this year! We have missed going to this but mostly we have missed our DPF friends! I am going to try to offer up 10 pin grab bags on here with the pins being on card if anyone is interested in getting some traders on the cheap! Check the sales board for our deals. CAN'T WAIT to see you two! Barbara too! We LOVE you guys!
    We have missed you both greatly and can't wait to see you again!!!

DisneyPinForum Veteran Jrdnsmom's Avatar
    I'm excited! Im crossing fingers and toes I can go. As May is is my birthmonth this would be the best pressie to see you two

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    [IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

B for Belle or B for bacon? watzshakinbacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docfish2u View Post
    If you want to bring a lanyard of your keeper pins to show off that works well. Bring any traders you have. This is a great way to meet people in person who you may have only seen here on DPF. There are a lot of really nice people!!! It is also a great way to learn about trading, most people are happy to explain things to anybody who has a question about anything pin related. We look forward to meeting you! Don't forget to talk to me about making you a DPF name button!
    Ooh a lanyard is a great idea! I actually got one as a zap and haven't used it yet! I will PM you about the name button.. very intrigued 😋

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PinPics: watzshakinbacon (My Wants | My Traders)
    ISO: Belle, Maleficent, Dumbo, Wall-E, and Mickey/Minnie couple!
    Grail: #40542 Belle & Beast Masterpiece

Your Friend Who Likes To Play timeerkat's Avatar
    I like these trade events more than general ones around So Cal, because people seem more willing to help each other out to get pins each want, rather than comparing things by value alone. It's a lot less sharky of an environment.

Plus, I tend to hang out on here with y'all more than I do non-DPF pin people (I mean, I see them at releases and trade events, but it's not a daily thing.) So I'm more comfortable approaching people for trades.
    (Image wildly out of date; stay tuned!)

Many thanks to SiuJerkJai for the amazing signature images! <3

my wants | my trades

http://i.picasion.com/pic82/82ae4c1b94a0cceede6ae67f414c9e33.gif

It is not my intention to "hi"jack Doc's post but I wanted to say thank you to those that saw my posting about grab bags and purchased one (or more) from me. I ran out of pins! I am currently waiting on new arrivals and will re-post the grab bags this time including a choice of 10 open edition pins or 5 LE pins for $40 shipped domestic. (we will ship international but any cost over $5 we will charge the buyer) Thanks again!

grab bags are back in stock!

DisneyPinForum Veteran jazzytrumpet's Avatar
    Hmm, I might just be able to make this one.

Quote Originally Posted by timeerkat View Post
    I like these trade events more than general ones around So Cal, because people seem more willing to help each other out to get pins each want, rather than comparing things by value alone. It's a lot less sharky of an environment.

Plus, I tend to hang out on here with y'all more than I do non-DPF pin people (I mean, I see them at releases and trade events, but it's not a daily thing.) So I'm more comfortable approaching people for trades.
    This an amazing compliment! We try to have fun events with actual trading going on. The DPF family is always fun to get together with and spend time with!!!

grab bags are back in stock!
    Sure hijack my post again. We missed you both so much last year and are thrilled you can come to this one!!! We can't wait to see you both!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzytrumpet View Post
    Hmm, I might just be able to make this one.
    That would be wonderful if you can. If so be sure to pm me about a name button!

Just trying to make sure everyone that is coming has pins to trade both at the event and for lanyards.... ya know! It helps folks to be able to get pins at a lesser cost and enhances the pin trading fun if you have pins to trade with that didn't cost you retail! IMO. Our little way of contributing to those in need. Are you guys going to trade in the park this year?

On another note... can I have a Snow White button in remembrance of my mother? It is really the only pins I look to collect these days.
    Last edited by Rocke01; 03-24-2017 at 09:00 AM.

I really hope you can make it - I would love to meet you!

To answer your questions:

Definitely bring your traders, preferably in a book or binder for easy carrying.

Most people do not bring their whole collection, but some people wear a lanyard to showcase a few of their favorites.
    (If you go this route, I would recommend using locking pin backs so your pins don't come off and get lost!)

Consider wearing a button with your name and DPF username on it so other forum members will recognize you.
    (David makes these buttons for free and passes them out at the event, but you need to ask him ahead of time so he has time to make you one before he leaves for California... I am also happy to make you a button with your name on it; it just might not match all David's!)

Plan to stay awhile. There are a lot of pins to check out... and more importantly, friends to make!

I agree with everyone else who said that these parties are the best!

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. You don't have to worry about being judged. And newbies are more than welcome.
    SaveSave
    Last edited by SoraPandora; 03-26-2017 at 10:57 AM.

(#38233 acquired! Yay!)
    PinPics: My Wants ~ My Trades
    e-mail: sorapandora@AOL.com

Just trying to make sure everyone that is coming has pins to trade both at the event and for lanyards.... ya know! It helps folks to be able to get pins at a lesser cost and enhances the pin trading fun if you have pins to trade with that didn't cost you retail! IMO. Our little way of contributing to those in need. Are you guys going to trade in the park this year?

On another note... can I have a Snow White button in remembrance of my mother? It is really the only pins I look to collect these days.
    Sweetheart, for you anything!!! You know how much we love you both!!! Do you have a picture you want me to use? If so email me the information on what you want it to say or if you just want a picture of Snow White. Give Nena a big hug for me!!! We can't wait to be able to give you hugs in person!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoraPandora View Post
    I really hope you can make it - I would love to meet you!

To answer your questions:

Definitely bring your traders, preferably in a book or binder for easy carrying.

Most people do not bring their whole collection, but some people wear a lanyard to showcase a few of their favorites.
    (If you go this route, I would recommend using locking pin backs so your pins don't come off and get lost!)

Consider wearing a button with your name and DPF username on it so other forum members will recognize you.
    (David makes these buttons for free and passes them out at the event, but you need to ask him ahead of time so he has time to make you one before he leaves for California... I am also happy to make you a button with your name on it; it just might not match all David's!)

Plan to stay awhile. There are a lot of pins to check out... and more importantly, friends to make!

I agree with everyone else who said that these parties are the best!

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. You don't have to worry about being judged. And newbies are more than welcome.
    SaveSave
    And Sara is another one of those magical people who always light up the room when she enters!!! She is also correct, newbies are most certainly welcome. We look forward to meeting you!!!

Guys, can we stop bumping this thread up? You all are making me so impatient! XD

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarAng1 View Post
    Guys, can we stop bumping this thread up? You all are making me so impatient! XD

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP *untz untz untz untz*

Last edited by watzshakinbacon; 03-26-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Not long now...

Just over a month, not that we are counting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by docfish2u View Post
    Just over a month, not that we are counting at all.
    so excited! woop woop!

DisneyPinForum Veteran
    Are we ready? Which pins are you looking for?

Just ordered new coroplast pages for our pinbooks. Now it is time to get serious.

I just filled up our two little bins with pages of pins but I am still selling so that everyone that wants to have them for the event can get them! We are so looking forward to seeing you all!

Hey, I just figured out that I can be there for this event!! So, anyone has any pins from my wants list (updated today; small, but not all of them are pricey just hard to find), I'll be interested to trade. In fact, if you want to set up a trade before we get there, so much the better!! As for my grail list below, I already have the last two, but haven't updated it yet.

See you all there! It should be fun!

DisneyPinForum Veteran
    Wow, you have some great traders, I collect Stitch. Wish I could set up trades but have nothing you want. Looking forward to seeing what you bring.
    Quote Originally Posted by unibear View Post
    Hey, I just figured out that I can be there for this event!! So, anyone has any pins from my wants list (updated today; small, but not all of them are pricey just hard to find), I'll be interested to trade. In fact, if you want to set up a trade before we get there, so much the better!! As for my grail list below, I already have the last two, but haven't updated it yet.

See you all there! It should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by pincrazy View Post
    Wow, you have some great traders, I collect Stitch. Wish I could set up trades but have nothing you want. Looking forward to seeing what you bring.
    Aww man, that's my case, too! Oh well.. I'll just bring the meager traders that I have and check out what everyone else has there!

DPF's Keyblade Wielder Purplemandms's Avatar
    Wish I could be there! I hope everyone has a fantastic time (and PLEASE bring back trip reports!)

~*~ VERY busy with school, sorry! Hope to see ya real soon! ~*~
    Tink l Alice in Wonderland l Kingdom Hearts l Almost Anything Book-Related
    Pinpics ID: Purplemandms
    My Pins