Thread: Breath of the Wild (and the Switch!)!!!!!!

Breath of the Wild (and the Switch!)!!!!!!

Came out today! Anyone else have their copy? So far, this game is living up to expectations by far. If anyone wants a more in-depth review of the game so far, let me know!

PinPics name: Tokaji

I have to hold out on buying the system until either of the Fire Emblem games come out for it. Then I'm all in. XD But from what I've seen everything is stunning!

~Merlin

Pins Numbers are from PinPics.com
    Pinpics ID: Merlin_Emrys | Merlin's Wants | Merlin's Trades

DisneyPinForum Senior Member Rolandami's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokaji View Post
    Came out today! Anyone else have their copy? So far, this game is living up to expectations by far. If anyone wants a more in-depth review of the game so far, let me know!
    Mine is sitting in a closet, still in the box, hiding from my son. Have about the dock scratching console by sliding it in the dock. Can the AC adapter that comes with console charge the tablet to? or does it only fit the dock?

The AC adapter can definitely be used for the tablet on the go. I personally haven't had any scratches on the screen, but I'm super careful, and I'm probably going to get a screen protector/case for the thing for when I'm taking it abroad.

Here's a little snap for your enjoyment!

Ran into this beasty in an undisclosed location, after paragliding off a high place. I almost landed right on top of him. Battle ensued, and a grueling 12 (game) hours later, he finally bit the dust. What a crazy time! I love that I can just run into giant monsters/bosses out in the wild.

Ran into this beasty in an undisclosed location, after paragliding off a high place. I almost landed right on top of him. Battle ensued, and a grueling 12 (game) hours later, he finally bit the dust. What a crazy time! I love that I can just run into giant monsters/bosses out in the wild.

It sounds like you're having some serious fun in this game!

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Thank you Speedwaystar1 for my signature!

You have no idea! I'm going to have to force myself to actually advance the story at some point and stop my aimless wandering.

You have no idea! I'm going to have to force myself to actually advance the story at some point and stop my aimless wandering.
    It's Zelda! XD Exploration has been the main gameplay mechanic since it's first game! Just do what you want, that's the beauty of it. ;D

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Thank you Speedwaystar1 for my signature!

DPF's Keyblade Wielder Purplemandms's Avatar
    My copy arrived last night, so I was able to play it for a few hours before having to head out this morning for a conference. It's truly a masterpiece!

~*~ VERY busy with school, sorry! Hope to see ya real soon! ~*~
    Tink l Alice in Wonderland l Kingdom Hearts l Almost Anything Book-Related
    Pinpics ID: Purplemandms
    My Pins

A great example of how beautiful and strange this game can be:

Guys.... GUYS!!!

I don't have one yet, but having sold 23 of the devices on opening night makes me want to consider it. I might end up getting my bosses pre-order if he decides one for his son is enough(he bought both the grey and the neon)...

~ Pin Trader Since 2010 ~ Primary Collector of Main Street USA and Disney Heritage pins ~
    ~ Pinpics: coblj003 - Trades & Wants ~

I got both on day one and have been playing BotW slowly but surely. Sometimes I wish classes wouldn't get in the way of fun. :P It's a really great system and game so far though!

Now that I've been playing a few days I actually have some words of wisdom: If you haven't yet, buy the house! It comes in handy so many times, plus you can store some weapons in there for future use.

And if anyone needs help with a shrine I bought the guide, so just let me know and I can link you the walk through!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Pins

I was wondering if the house was any good! I have the money, but I need the wood. I'll have to look into it.

I was wondering if the house was any good! I have the money, but I need the wood. I'll have to look into it.

I was able to get enough just by picking up the woodcutters axe (by the Shrine of Resurrection) and chopping down all the apple trees in the village. Plus then you get a ton of apples!

My Pins

I just finished the map! (But am nowhere near close to finishing the main storyline.) But if anyone has any geographical questions (good places to get horses, nests of bobokins or other monsters that carry fantastic weapons, etc.) just let me know! I'd love to compare notes.

My Pins

Quote Originally Posted by Purplemandms View Post
    I just finished the map! (But am nowhere near close to finishing the main storyline.) But if anyone has any geographical questions (good places to get horses, nests of bobokins or other monsters that carry fantastic weapons, etc.) just let me know! I'd love to compare notes.
    Same goes for you! I've finished 3/4 Divine Beasts and the map, and still feel like I'm not even 50% of the way through the game! It's insane! I killed my first Lynel last night, which was pretty intense, and man did it give you some great weapons.

Same goes for you! I've finished 3/4 Divine Beasts and the map, and still feel like I'm not even 50% of the way through the game! It's insane! I killed my first Lynel last night, which was pretty intense, and man did it give you some great weapons.
    Nice! I once spent an hour trying to beat a Lynel, but I was way too overpowered. (I've come across two others since, and have just kinda run in the other direction. Though I can handle black bobokins and moblins pretty well now.) And since I found the master sword's location I'm working on completing what is needed to get that bad boy. But thanks! I'll probably take you up on your offer sometime in the future. 🐎

My Pins

Getting through to the Master Sword was crazy! Solving that alone took me a good hour and a half, mainly because I didn't find the NPC who gave you the hint you needed to do it. I've been running from Lynels for a long time, too, but finally decided to try one out. It's really more about timing than it is about anything else. Although having the powers of the Goron and Gerudo Divine Beasts helps a lot, too. (Highlight that for info if you don't care about spoilers.)