Thread: Disney World visit question.

Disney World visit question.

Hey all! so I am planning on popping the question and asking my wonderful girlfriend to spend the rest of my life with me in November when we go to Disney World. It is my first visit but she has gone many times and it is one of her favorite places. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or tips. I saw on the Disney website you can pay them I think and they help set it up. I am trying to decide on in front of the castle or Epcot fireworks. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DisneyPinForum Veteran Shelterkat's Avatar
    Aww that is wonderful!! My husband proposed in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. It's so fun to be able to tell people that!

PINPICS ID: SHELTERKAT
    WANTS TRADES

DisneyPinForum Veteran Disneychildwithin's Avatar
    That's awesome Matty, way to go! Jealous of your g/f and of you shelterkat, the only way I can get my husband to go is to make him feel guilty about not taking the kids.

DisneyPinForum Veteran FoolishMortal71's Avatar
    Congrats! The Castle is iconic and very romantic. However, if you have a special connection to EPCOT, that would be a lovely location too. Think France or Italy pavilions. Some of the Disney arranged packages are very expensive but friends got engaged there recently and were able to arrange a PhotoPass photographer to capture the moment with some Mickey/Minnie engagement ears without breaking the bank.

https://www.disneyweddings.com/engagements/

http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/home.do

Quote Originally Posted by FoolishMortal71 View Post
    Congrats! The Castle is iconic and very romantic. However, if you have a special connection to EPCOT, that would be a lovely location too. Think France or Italy pavilions. Some of the Disney arranged packages are very expensive but friends got engaged there recently and were able to arrange a PhotoPass photographer to capture the moment with some Mickey/Minnie engagement ears without breaking the bank.

https://www.disneyweddings.com/engagements/

http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/home.do
    Cool I'll check those out!

Call me Ann =) Addicted to Alice Pins's Avatar
    This is really sweet! Definitely pick someplace that has some meaning to you and/or her (since you both love Disney, but you haven't been to WDW ...). Many years ago, a co-worker went on what she thought was a regular WDW vacation with her boyfriend and her parents; but he worked with her parents to surprise her by popping the question by the Wishing Well to one side of Cinderella's Castle. So that's always another option--finding a place that's a little quieter (if either of you is shy, ha ha). I'm sure no matter what you pick, it will be magical for your girlfriend!
    Addicted to Alice Pins: Most Wanted & Grails

Thanks to ~*~Kritter~*~ for creating & updating my siggie!

I don't think it is gonna be a super big surprise. She has dropped allot of hints haha. I know she always talks about how she loves he Epcot fireworks so I am thinking there. Like you said though I think wherever I pick she will love it.

Not sure your budget, but if she loves Epcot fireworks, they have "fireworks cruises" for epcot as well as the MK....

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...ialty-cruises/
    Thanks David for the great signature!

Administrator
    If you can trust her parents to keep the proverbial lid on it, maybe you can talk to them for some ideas for the 'ideal' proposal spot? After all, since they'll have been the ones who would have taken her to WDW as a child, they should know her favorite locations and which ones have (still have) the most meaning for her.

And maybe they can give you suggestions for planning a truly special trip for your soon-to-be fiancée. Any of us can help you plan a WDW trip, but we don't know her or what she likes (and who should know that better than the two people who raised her?)

DPF's Keyblade Wielder Purplemandms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynn99 View Post
    Not sure your budget, but if she loves Epcot fireworks, they have "fireworks cruises" for epcot as well as the MK....

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...ialty-cruises/
    I'm seconding this idea! If the budget allows, this would certainly be a very unique experience, and would also allow for some privacy. Good luck!

~*~ VERY busy with school, sorry! Hope to see ya real soon! ~*~
    Tink l Alice in Wonderland l Kingdom Hearts l Almost Anything Book-Related
    Pinpics ID: Purplemandms
    My Pins

Quote Originally Posted by dancecats View Post
    If you can trust her parents to keep the proverbial lid on it, maybe you can talk to them for some ideas for the 'ideal' proposal spot? After all, since they'll have been the ones who would have taken her to WDW as a child, they should know her favorite locations and which ones have (still have) the most meaning for her.

And maybe they can give you suggestions for planning a truly special trip for your soon-to-be fiancée. Any of us can help you plan a WDW trip, but we don't know her or what she likes (and who should know that better than the two people who raised her?)
    Oh I have already been talking to them haha. I guess this thread was more to see if there were any special services like that firework cruise. That sounds like a fun idea!

Also I have see a couple "marriage themed" pins. I think it would be cool to get one of those and she can wear it after the proposal.

If anyone comes across any more like these please post or pm me.
    Last edited by Matty; 05-08-2017 at 06:14 PM.

My friends I go to the parks with regularly did the private fireworks cruise engagement. It was really nice from the photos and their telling of it. The only issue is weather which can be unpredictable that time of year. So, in addition to ideas for Plan A, you might need a Plan B in your pocket just in case!

Quote Originally Posted by FoolishMortal71 View Post
    My friends I go to the parks with regularly did the private fireworks cruise engagement. It was really nice from the photos and their telling of it. The only issue is weather which can be unpredictable that time of year. So, in addition to ideas for Plan A, you might need a Plan B in your pocket just in case!
    I do kind of like that idea. I kinda feel like everyone does it at the castle and wanna be a little different.

Last edited by Matty; 05-08-2017 at 06:41 PM.

DPF's Keyblade Wielder Purplemandms's Avatar
    Sorry for posting again, but I was able to find some photos of another engagement on the illuminations cruise:

http://www.stevenmillerpix.com/disne...-photographers

There was also this cute little story about how they had set it up so that the unsuspecting girlfriend thought that they had "won a cruise", though this takes place at the Grand Floridian.

http://www.staceyhomemaker.com/our-f...agement-story/

~*~ VERY busy with school, sorry! Hope to see ya real soon! ~*~
    Tink l Alice in Wonderland l Kingdom Hearts l Almost Anything Book-Related
    Pinpics ID: Purplemandms
    My Pins

Don't feel bad that looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

It's very dusty in here...

Quote Originally Posted by Purplemandms View Post
    There was also this cute little story about how they had set it up so that the unsuspecting girlfriend thought that they had "won a cruise", though this takes place at the Grand Floridian.

http://www.staceyhomemaker.com/our-f...agement-story/

When are you going in nov ,I will be there nov 9-15 ,it's Larry and my 30th wedding anniversary

SPINDEL CELL MELANOMA SKIN CANCER SURVIVOR

Tiggermickey on pinpics
    Fielder of the nuttiest requests ever
    queen of wrap!!