Thread: Opinions on D23?

Opinions on D23?

Hello everyone, so I was recently thinking of joining the Disney Fan Club and before I did that I wanted to know what everyone thought about it. Not that it matter too much, but I currently have a Signature Annual Pass, in case that info is relevant in any sort of way.
    I'm looking forward to hearing from y'all!

I've been a member for a couple years, and it's ok? Way back originally you could buy the magazines at the park or at Barns & Noble, but now the only way to get them is the membership. If you live near LA or Florida, then there's lots of the extra member events but 99% of them come at an added cost as well. I didn't do any my first two years of membership, and this past year could only afford to attend two. If you have a membership you get slightly cheaper D23 Expo tickets, as well as a separate line for certain events (members vs non-members).
    ~Omi

I'm in Florida and I dropped my membership because they weren't doing anything here.

DisneyPinForum Veteran
    Are you quick on a computer? Are you able to attend the member events (weekdays and weekends) in California? If so, then it probably might be a good idea to join.

DisneyPinForum Veteran
    I opted not to join, since I don't live in Los Angeles and, if you don't, D23 is basically an overpriced magazine subscription. I have the free membership, but haven't seen anything on the Disney Store site that I've wanted to buy since I got it.