Thread: D23 WDW news

D23 WDW news

I'm catching up on all the Parks news from the weekend and wow! There is a lot in store for WDW! So far I've seen the following mentioned:

Star Wars Land
    Toy Story Land (opening next year!)
    A Star Wars resort
    Skyliner gondola (connecting some resorts to Hollywood Studios and Epcot)
    a new theater at MK
    a Mission: Space restaurant at Epcot
    Guardians of the Galaxy ride at Epcot (formerly Universe of Energy)
    Ratatouille ride at the France pavilion
    Mickey Mouse-themed ride (taking over Great Movie Ride space)
    Tron ride in Tomorrowland

Did I miss anything?

Here are some links:
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/di...es-1202496802/
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-world-resort/
    http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/0...-tomorrowland/
    Last edited by SiuJerkJai; Yesterday at 07:22 AM.

DisneyPinForum Veteran speedwaystar1's Avatar
    Also not as big news but they're trialling the new Uber style service with Minnie themed vehicles .
    I'm thinking I'll have to plan a trip sometime in 2018/19 to catch all the new stuff

Figment Fan Since '84 GreyWyvern's Avatar
    Mission: Space will get a new mission video too!

Ugh, I know it was an open secret for a long time, but I really don't like GotG being put in Future World. How sad. Epcot was never meant to be focused on Disney's intellectual properties. It was about an optimistic reflection of today's technologies and those of the future.

Grails: 6462 68580 97808 :: GreyWyvern on PinPics :: What I really need...

DisneyPinForum Veteran FoolishMortal71's Avatar
    EPCOT will start to undergo significant, and long overdue updates. Only official announcement was the redesign concept art. Based on the concept art and word on the street, Innoventions will be removed entirely or used for event space. The Seas will get a makeover to look like the Marine Institute in Finding Dory (also shown on concept art.) Journey Into Imagination will be refurbished into an Inside/Out dark ride while Figment will get a Turtle Talk with Crush style attraction. The Mexico pavilion ride may get a COCO overlay if the movie does well. Spain and Brazil are the two contenders for a new land in World Showcase. Brazilian tourism brings in tons of money to WDW each year but there is talk of adding another ride in a Spain pavilion to tie in with the upcoming Disney film Gigantic. Also, Sieman's is ending it's sponsorship of Spaceship Earth later this year opening the question of a refurb of that ride as well.

Judge of the Dark Court starry_solo's Avatar
    I saw! Next planned trip to WDW is in 2022 so hopefully all these new rides/lands/etc will be done!
    Get cash back on your everyday online purchases. Click here for details!

Interested in getting a $200 Disney Gift Card after spending $500 in 3 months? Contact me via PM!

Your Friend Who Likes To Play timeerkat's Avatar
    I will definitely have to go to for the new Inside Out ride!
    (Image wildly out of date; stay tuned!)

Many thanks to SiuJerkJai for the amazing signature images! <3

my wants | my trades

http://i.picasion.com/pic82/82ae4c1b94a0cceede6ae67f414c9e33.gif

While I'm not a ~huge~ fan of GotG, I am very happy for Future World to get some life into it. It's been so dead for so long. I'm glad to see it's not getting abandoned.

Now, I can out and out say that I'm not pleased at all with the Great Movie Ride being done away with. That's a major bummer. And, it's no secret, I ~really~ don't like the new Mickey Mouse art style, so to see it get a main-ride treatment (let along in the CHINESE THEATER), I'm pretty cranky about it...

Other than that, I'm over the moon with the other changes. The Skyline is awesome. I've been bitching about those stupid go-karts in Tomorrowland since I was 13. All the Star Wars! Yeah, I'm pleased.

~Merlin

Pins Numbers are from PinPics.com
    Pinpics ID: Merlin_Emrys | Merlin's Wants | Merlin's Trades

Merlin, take a closer look at the Tron Ride artist concept picture - The TomorrowLand Speedway will still be there. Tron will straddle the Train track and the actual ride will be next to Space Mountain!

Personally, I love it when hubby "takes me for a drive" after dark in MK :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinEmrys View Post
    While I'm not a ~huge~ fan of GotG, I am very happy for Future World to get some life into it. It's been so dead for so long. I'm glad to see it's not getting abandoned.
    I have mixed feelings about movie tie-ins coming to Epcot. I don't mind the general idea, but I don't want it to feel forced.

Adding Nemo to the Living Seas? Sure! Makes sense. They live in the real ocean.
    Putting Frozen in Norway? Meh. Frozen isn't in Norway, even if it was "inspired" by it. Arendelle is a fantasy place.
    Ratatouille in France or Coco in Mexico? Promising. Those movies relate to those real locations, so it makes more sense to me.
    GotG in Future World? I guess we'll have to wait and see for more details, but that sounds like a stretch.

I guess I like my fantasy in MK and my "reality" (or the Disney version of it) in Epcot.

DisneyPinForum Veteran FoolishMortal71's Avatar
    Even today they announced the new Minnie ride-share service will begin full swing next month. Disney has partnered with Lyft (instead of Uber) for the app. According to friends that were at WDW this week, if you are going park to park, the Minnie "van" will actually drop you at a special entrance in the park so you don't have to deal with the crowds getting in and out of the park! They also announced the new film in the China Pavilion. Another detailed breakdown is listed here.

http://micechat.com/166592-d23-expo-...s-and-resorts/

DPF's Keyblade Wielder Purplemandms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FoolishMortal71 View Post
    Even today they announced the new Minnie ride-share service will begin full swing next month. Disney has partnered with Lyft (instead of Uber) for the app. According to friends that were at WDW this week, if you are going park to park, the Minnie "van" will actually drop you at a special entrance in the park so you don't have to deal with the crowds getting in and out of the park! They also announced the new film in the China Pavilion. Another detailed breakdown is listed here.

http://micechat.com/166592-d23-expo-...s-and-resorts/

Oooh, I wonder if there will be some of the minnie lifts available for Love is an Adventure!

~*~ VERY busy with school, sorry! Hope to see ya real soon! ~*~
    Tink l Alice in Wonderland l Kingdom Hearts l Almost Anything Book-Related
    Pinpics ID: Purplemandms
    My Pins

DisneyPinForum Veteran Shelterkat's Avatar
    I am very excited for all of it! Esp the Minnie Vans LOL. I was just recently saying I'd gladly pay Uber or Lyft for rides from the parks at closing, rather than go thru the big mess of getting on the busses with millions of other people at the end of the night when I'm so tired. So when I go in November I will be first in line for those vans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PINPICS ID: SHELTERKAT
    WANTS TRADES

DisneyPinForum Veteran Disneychildwithin's Avatar
    I was way out of the loop, I just went and was going crazy looking for the Magic of Animation ride, only to find out it has closed. I really enjoyed that one, what a bummer. I'm glad my family and I rode the Great Movie Ride if it is closing, it is sad to see it go.