Thread: Pin Trading Opportunity @ the Garden Walk in Anaheim 8/10/17

I LOVE Chessie Pins !! Connies_Hobby's Avatar

Thumbs up Pin Trading Opportunity @ the Garden Walk in Anaheim 8/10/17

Hi everyone. Sharing an opportunity to pin trade tomorrow night.

From the Disney Style Blog: (http://disneystyleblog.com/whosits-whatsits-galore-pop-shop/)

Whosits & Whatsits Galore: Disney Pop-up Shop – Small Shops

The Popup Shop is located at
    Anaheim GardenWalk
    400 West Disney Way, Anaheim, CA 92802
    First floor (Between P.F. Chang’s & LUSH Cosmetics)

Store hours:

08/09: 2pm – 9pm

08/10: 2pm – 9pm
    Thursday, Aug 10 @ 7pm – Pin Trading Night
    Come bring your pins and trade with fellow collectors! Any pins, official and fantasy, are welcome. And while there, check out the pins we have available in store!

08/11: 10am – 10pm

08/12: 10am – 10pm

08/13: 10am – 10pm

*Hours are subject to change

DisneyPinForum Veteran this_and_that's Avatar
    Were any members here able to to go this?

If so, then I would be interested in hearing about the venue, the attendance, or type of pins people brought, and whether or not this is going to become a regular PTE.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Your Friend Who Likes To Play timeerkat's Avatar
    I didn't go, as Anaheim is too far for me to go for a trade event on a weeknight. I hope whoever did wind up going had fun!
    (Image wildly out of date; stay tuned!)

Many thanks to SiuJerkJai for the amazing signature images! <3

my wants | my trades

http://i.picasion.com/pic82/82ae4c1b94a0cceede6ae67f414c9e33.gif

Red face

I attended this event last night for about an hour. It was nicely done. The Artist/creator of Fan Flaire pins, and the hostess, was there with a couple of her books, trading.

There was two tables set up for people to trade.

I am happy to say, I was able to trade with Sara (the owner of Fan Flaire Pins) and a young lad (always enjoy trading with young'ins).

I'd say during the hour I was there, 20 people came in and participated. I was able to recommend the Pin trading area by goofy sky school; My D Pins; and Pin Pics (for education purposes) to a young couple that were new to pin trading.

The store closes on Sunday I believe. At this point they're not sure when they will have another pop-up store and where it will be located, but they are planning on having one.

All-in-all, it was an hour well spent!

Quote Originally Posted by this_and_that View Post
    Were any members here able to to go this?

If so, then I would be interested in hearing about the venue, the attendance, or type of pins people brought, and whether or not this is going to become a regular PTE.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

DisneyPinForum Senior Member sirradel's Avatar
    I went as well! I got there around 8 pm with two of my friends. We're new to the whole pin trading event thing so it was a little intimidating but everyone was nice. At the time I went I'd say I saw about 5-6 groups of people trading. It was low key but it was a nice environment. There were a lot of good pins being traded! I just have to get better traders
    pinpics id: kobieface

Ty for letting the members know you and your friends attended. I wonder if we saw each other?
    Glad you had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by sirradel View Post
    I went as well! I got there around 8 pm with two of my friends. We're new to the whole pin trading event thing so it was a little intimidating but everyone was nice. At the time I went I'd say I saw about 5-6 groups of people trading. It was low key but it was a nice environment. There were a lot of good pins being traded! I just have to get better traders

Tessa, they have a ZPD baseball cap with your name on it. Thought of you immediately when I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by timeerkat View Post
    I didn't go, as Anaheim is too far for me to go for a trade event on a weeknight. I hope whoever did wind up going had fun!