• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

110th Legacy Collection - Let's get organized!

Status
Not open for further replies.
110th Legacy Collection - Let's get organized!

PixarPerils

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
For those of you who are not familiar with the 110th Legacy Collection, here are the basics:

~ Walt Disney was born in 1901, so this year will mark the 110th anniversary of his birth.
~ Disney is releasing a pin collection on DisneyStore.com, celebrating this anniversary.
~ The collection will be 110 pins, each with a Limited Edition of 250.
~ There are 11 subseries of 10 pins each. (11 x 10=110 pins)

**PinPics numbers below are links to the respective PinPics listing.
**Pin descriptions below are links to the respective DisneyStore.com listing.

Mickey Classics
1. #83939 - Steamboat Willie
2. #83983 - Two-Gun Mickey
3. #84370 - Mickey from "Clock Cleaners" (pin on pin)
4. #84659 - Mickey from "Lonesome Ghosts" (spinner)
5. #84904 - Mickey and Minnie from "Brave Little Tailor" (slider)
6. #85307 - Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice from Fantasia
7. #85587 - Mickey and Pluto from "Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip"
8. #86023 - Mickey and Minnie from "Nifty Nineties"
9. #86174 - Mickey and Pluto from "Canine Caddy"
10. #86639 - Mickey from "Runaway Brain"

Princess Collection
1. #83917 - Snow White (spinner)
2. #84137 - Cinderella (hinged)
3. #84470 - Aurora (spinner)
4. #84663 - Ariel
5. #85007 - Belle (slider)
6. #85742 - Pocahontas
7. #85893 - Jasmine
8. #86061 - Mulan
9. #86248 - Tiana (human) and Naveen (frog)
10. #86852 - Rapunzel

Villains Collection
1. #83905 - Evil Queen/Old Hag from Snow White (spinner)
2. #84136 - Stromboli from Pinocchio (pin on pin)
3. #84467 - Queen of Hearts from Alice In Wonderland (slider) (swivel)
4. #84787 - Hook from Peter Pan (dangle)
5. #85077 - Si and Am from Lady and the Tramp (slider)
6. #85743 - Ursula, Flotsam, and Jetsam from The Little Mermaid (sand textured)
7. #85896 - Cruella de Vil from One Hundred and One Dalmations
8. #86055 - Jafar from Aladdin (slider)
9. #86422 - Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas
10. #86890 - Dr. Facillier from The Princess and the Frog

Disney Animal Friends
1. #83988 - Baby Dumbo
2. #84134 - Bambi, Thumper, and Flower (pin on pin)
3. #84468 - Lady and Tramp
4. #84789 - Perdita, Pongo, and the puppies (spinner)
5. #85009 - Baloo and King Louie (pin on pin)
6. #85894 - Tod and Copper
7. #85741 - Oliver and Dodger
8. #86052 - Simba and Zazu
9. #86247 - Lilo and Stitch
10. #86947 - Bolt, Mittens, Rhino, and Penny

Hero Collection
1. #84138 - Robin Hood (movement)
2. #84469 - Prince Phillip
3. #84661 - Peter Pan (pin on pin)
4. #84790 - Quasimodo (3D cast metal)
5. #85076 - Beast
6. #85739 - Aladdin (spinner) (pin on pin)
7. #86063 - Taran
8. #86053 - Hercules
9. #86421 - Buzz Lightyear
10. ______ - Sam Flynn

Disney Shorts
1. #83982 - Tortoise and Hare from "The Tortoise and the Hare" (slider)
2. #83990 - Grasshopper and the queen ant from "The Grasshopper and the Ants"
3. #84371 - Little Hiawatha from "Little Hiawatha"
4. #84662 - Merbaby from "Merbabies"
5. #85006 - Ugly Duckling from "Ugly Duckling"
6. #85308 - Figaro and Frankie from "Figaro and Frankie"
7. #85588 - Donald and a bee from "Inferior Decorator" (slider)
8. #86051 - Huey, Dewey, Louie from "Trick or Treat"
9. #86246 - Chip and Dale from "Dragon Around"
10. #86640 - Goofy from "How to Play Baseball"

Walt Disney Tributes
1. #83845 - Donald Duck (pin on pin)
2. #83985 - Minnie Mouse (pin on pin)
3. #84368 - Ichabod and Mr. Toad (pin on pin)
4. #84532 - Mickey Mouse- art (pin on pin)
5. #84906 - Mickey Mouse- shadow (pin on pin)
6. #85306 - Donald, Huey, Dewey, and Louie
7. #85589 - Jiminy Cricket (pin on pin)
8. #85901 - Alice (slider)
9. #86173 - Aurora, Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather (pin on pin)
10. #86641 - Mickey and Minnie from "Brave Little Tailor"

Live Action Classics
1. #83846 - Nautilus and Giant Squid from 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
2. #83984 - The Sheepdog from Shaggy Dogg
3. #84471 - Herbie from The Love Bug
4. #84660 - Elliott from Pete's Dragon (pin on pin)
5. #85008 - Coonskin hat from "Davy Crockett"
6. #85590 - DC, the cat from That Darn Cat
7. #85897 - Mary Poppins and the London skyline from Mary Poppins (pin on pin)
8. #86060 - Bedknobs and Broomsticks
9. #86249 - Jessica and Roger from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
10. #86855 - Pirates of the Caribbean

Disney Sidekicks
1. #83899 - Figaro and Cleo from Pinocchio (textured)
2. #84135 - Thumper and Flower from Bambi
3. #84531 - Jaq and Gus from Cinderella (3D cast metal)
4. #84788 - Jock and Trusty from Lady and the Tramp (dangle)
5. #85079 - Flounder and Sebastian from The Little Mermaid (pin on pin)
6. #85740 - Abu and Carpet from Aladdin
7. #85895 - Lock, Shock, and Barrel from The Nightmare Before Christmas
8. #86062 - Timon and Pumbaa from The Lion King
9. #86420 - Mushu and Cri-kee from Mulan
10. ______ - Mittens and Rhino from Bolt

Pixar Favorites
1. #83989 - Boo, Sulley, and Mike from Monsters, Inc. (hinged)
2. #84372 - Remy from Ratatouille
3. #84534 - Flik, Heimlich, Dim, Rosie, Tuck, and Roll from A Bug's Life (dangle)
4. #84905 - Nemo, Pearl, and Sheldon from Finding Nemo
5. #85078 - Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack from The Incredibles (spinner)
6. #85744 - Lightning and Mater from Cars
7. #85898 - Woody, Buzz, and Little Green Men from Toy Story
8. #86152 - WALL-E and Eve from WALL-E
9. #86419 - Carl, Russell, Dug, and Kevin from Up
10. ______ - Lotso, Twitch, Stretch, and Chunk from Toy Story 3 (spinner)

Disney Milestones (Note: These are easy to spot, because they have the year of the milestone as part of the pin design.)
1. #83981 - 1927 - Creation of Oswald
2. #84369 - 1928 - Creation of Mickey Mouse
3. #84533 - 1937 - Release of Snow White
4. #84907 - 1937 - Use of the Multiplane Camera
5. ______ - 1923 - Opening of the first Disney Studio on Kingswell Avenue (hinged)
6. #85738 - 1955 - Television premiere of "The Mickey Mouse Club" (pin on pin)
7. #85900 - 1969 - Debut of "Wonderful World of Disney" (pin on pin)
8. #86175 - 1987 - Opening of the first Disney Store
9. #86638 - 1994 - Opening of Beauty and the Beast on Broadway
10. ______ - 2006 - Acquisition of Pixar

Last edited:
Thank you for organizing a list! As a side note, Japan Disney Store is also releasing the 110th Legacy Collection, although their pins are limited to an edition size of 110. I received the Steamboat Willie one from Japan and found that it was backstamped as such. I do not know if they are releasing the entire series.

I have a slight suggestion with the 'tributes' it seems to me that the lady and the tramp pin (bella notre scene) and the Thumper, flower and bambi scene (from the film as well, when they wake up flower), and maybe the jungle book pin (sounds like the I wanna be like you scene) & the peter pan pin (the end of peter pan, from the description) may fit in to tributes as in disney film tributes, being they are classic well known scenes from those films.

Just a suggestion, which would obviously put thumper and miss bunny in to animal friends and Bambi and flower might just fit in to the heros section? Just suggestions from looking over the links, images and descriptions.

Do you think Clock Cleaners, Brave Little Tailor and Lonesome Ghosts Mickey pins might be under Mickey Classics?

I would think at least Clock Cleaners because it's Mickey on his own vs. with another character.

It's possible! I did think it was interesting that we already know 9 out of the 10 "Disney Shorts", whereas we still only know 2 "Mickey Classics" (and only 1 of the "Heroes"!).

I guess I was looking for black and white pins for the "Mickey Classics", but now that I think about it, the word "classic" is relative.

I will definitely have to think about this. More opinions on the difference between classic Disney Shorts featuring Mickey, and "Mickey Classics" are welcome!

I have a slight suggestion with the 'tributes' it seems to me that the lady and the tramp pin (bella notre scene) and the Thumper, flower and bambi scene (from the film as well, when they wake up flower), and maybe the jungle book pin (sounds like the I wanna be like you scene) & the peter pan pin (the end of peter pan, from the description) may fit in to tributes as in disney film tributes, being they are classic well known scenes from those films.

This definitely would solve a ton of my problems. I'm just not sure about the theory, based on the other "Walt Disney Tributes". They all seem to feature a picture of Walt himself, framed by classic characters, like Mickey and Donald, doing something similar to what he is doing in the picture. In other words, those characters are paying tribute to Walt by imitating him and framing him. Does that make sense?

Of course it is possible the subseries contain more than one type of pin. This is something we will have to consider going forward.

Just a suggestion, which would obviously put thumper and miss bunny in to animal friends and Bambi and flower might just fit in to the heros section? Just suggestions from looking over the links, images and descriptions.
Hmm.. I don't think Bambi and Thumper would be "Heroes", based on the Prince Phillip design. But I could be wrong.

Thanks for doing the list. I would think the Robin Hood one would fall under heroes? Having seen the Peter Pan one on the Japanese site (now sold out) I would lean towards that one being under heroes as well.

Thank you for doing the list and providing the backstory about this collection.. I had no idea why they were called 110th Legacy Collection.

Has anyone suggested this thread be "Stickied" to the top as it would make a great resource in the long run.

Thanks for doing the list. I would think the Robin Hood one would fall under heroes? Having seen the Peter Pan one on the Japanese site (now sold out) I would lean towards that one being under heroes as well.

Thank you for your thoughts! I had not originally included the Robin Hood pin there because I was stuck on the design of the Prince Phillip pin (the fact that he was the only character included- not actually fighting a villain). But now that I have the opinion of someone who has actually seen the Peter Pan pin, I'm seeing the similarity between the Robin Hood and Peter Pan pins. I will add them to the "Heroes" subseries!

Oh, and I just want to quickly acknowledge the "Thank you"s that I'm seeing. Y'all are definitely welcome! I just hope the list will come in handy to people already collecting them, and maybe even encourage some people to start collecting them. As I saw mentioned in another thread, this collection is a great opportunity for those of us who like the lesser-known characters and shows. And if we buy those up quickly, Disney will be more likely to make more of them in the future! :x:

I edited to move the Gaston and Beast pin to the "Heroes" subseries.

We still don't have a picture of the Gaston and Beast pin, but the description indicates a similarity to the Peter Pan/Hook pin and the Robin Hood/Prince John pin.

What does the description say of the Gaston pin?

It says, "Gaston and Beast battle it out in this pin inspired by the memorable scene from Beauty and the Beast. Part of the 110th Legacy Collection, this will make a dramatic addition to your pin trading collection."

And in case you are wondering:

The Robin Hood and Prince John pin says, "The hero and villain of the 1973 animated film battle it out on this Prince John and Robin Hood Pin. Robin's arm moves, making the sword fight more exciting, and this pin a swashbuckling addition to your Disney pin collection."

The Peter Pan and Hook pin says, "Peter Pan flies above the action as Captain Hook dangles by a hook above his adversarial crocodile on this limited edition Captain Hook and Peter Pan Pin. This scene from the 1953 animated film Peter Pan is a fun addition to your pin collection."

The Prince Phillip pin says, "Armed with a magical shield and sword provided by the Three Good Fairies, Prince Phillip's arm moves on this Prince Phillip Pin to cut through the forest of thorns and defeat Maleficent so he can awaken the Sleeping Beauty with true love's first kiss."

What do you think, Masamune? :cheshire:

:) It sounds like you put it in the right place. Lol, I was only asking about the description so that I could try and work out what it will look like. It sounds amazing, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Wow....kudos on putting this together!

All I can say is "Thank heavens I'm not all that interested in these!!!" When these first started coming out I was worried that there would be 110 of them and sure enough....phew! Dodged a big bullet there!!!

I've been going by the card color. If they are on a blue shield card, they are part of the 110th Legacy collection. A black standard card, they are not. Someone listed some of the regular pins as 110th Legacy and they are not.

Just figured out it is going to cost me nearly $1,800 to collect the entire set. OMG - my poor wallet.

I've been going by the card color. If they are on a blue shield card, they are part of the 110th Legacy collection. A black standard card, they are not. Someone listed some of the regular pins as 110th Legacy and they are not.

Just figured out it is going to cost me nearly $1,800 to collect the entire set. OMG - my poor wallet.
Hi Margaret!! :wavey:

When I read the first sentence, I thought you were going to say there was a different card color for each subseries. That certainly would have been easier! We'll just have to let them know that idea, for them to use next time they come out with complicated series like this. ;)

So you are going to collect all 110 pins?! That's amazing!

Which pins did you find out were not a part of this series? Do I have any of them on my list above? Thanks in advance!

Also the Bambi and Flower pin (83986) came on a black backer card - so it's not part of the series either. Some of the Bambi pins must have been released to support the re-release of the movie.

Is the Nautilus pin sold out already?

A big thank you for organizing this list. Great resource! These are some of the nicest pins they've done this year!

Last edited:
Thank you SyriusLionwing and Clarkc! I have now removed both the Thumper & Miss Bunny pin and the Bambi & Flower pin from the list. I was thinking they were not a part of the series, but just needed some kind of confirmation.

John, the picture of the "Peter Pan battles Hook" pin does not have Peter Pan in it, but the pin WILL have Peter on it when it arrives at your door. He will be attached to the pin using a spring element ("flying" above the scene). He just wasn't attached yet when they took the current picture.

As for the Nautilus pin, I'm not positive whether it is sold out. I know it's not listed in the pins section, but sometimes they aren't listed there for a while. I know at one point there was a link to it posted on the "DisneyStore.com previews" thread, but I didn't save the link before the pin came out, and it has now been removed from that thread, so I don't have it linked here. (The same goes for the Donald tribute to Walt Disney pin.) Sorry about that.

If anyone still has the links to those two pins on DisneyStore.com, I'd appreciate them (even if they are sold out).

You are welcome, John. I agree about the quality of the pins being very high. When I first opened the Monsters Inc. Door pin (the first one I got from the series), I just stared at it for a while, admiring the beauty of the smooth surface on the front of the door. It is made of a different material than I've ever seen on pins before. I don't exactly know how to explain it, but it's more matte than usual. It is now my favorite Monsters, Inc. hinged door pin (which are a focal point of my collection).

ETA: In case anyone is interested, there were four "110th" pins released today (May 16th).
They do not have PinPics numbers as of yet.
~ Walt Disney Tributes: Mickey
~ Sidekicks: Jaq and Gus from Cinderella
~ Pixar Favorites: Flik, Heimlich, Dim, Rosie, Tuck, and Roll from A Bug's Life
~ Disney Milestones: 1937 - Release of Snow White

They also updated the description of the Incredibles pin (Jack-Jack will be a spinner element! :rofl:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back