• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

110th Legacy Collection - Let's get organized!

Status
Not open for further replies.
110th Legacy Collection - Let's get organized!
Thanks, I should be able to wake "UP" early Monday morning.

Another question? Is there a Japan version that is mirroring ours but with a lessor edition size?

I got a few of these the other day and love them. MOnsters Inc one especially. Very anxious to see/get the UP one.

Thanks, I should be able to wake "UP" early Monday morning.

Another question? Is there a Japan version that is mirroring ours but with a lessor edition size?

Yes, there is a Japan Disney Store 110th Legacy series! Their pins are LE 110, as a nod to the anniversary.

Here is the info from Hearts48 on PinPics, regarding the JDS version of the Steamboat Willie pin:
"It is the same exact pin, same backer card, except price tag and some information was in Japanese. Pin has the pin trading logo and the Japan Disney Store logo and stamped Limited Edition of 110."

I got a few of these the other day and love them. MOnsters Inc one especially. Very anxious to see/get the UP one.
Isn't the Monster's Inc. Door pin amazing? It was the first one I got in the series, which got me really excited about it. I collect MI door pins, so I was ecstatic to get such a nice one!

Recently an UP promo pin from Japan sold on ebay for $400. It stated on the pin it was the "10th" Pixar release????

Prior post state 9 movies. What am I missing????????

Oh, almost forgot. I did not check. Were there pins released this morning?

Last edited:
So they must be pushing this thing out the whole year:( I was hoping to be done with this by Christmas. Oh well.

Does anyone know why they stopped calling them the 110th Legacy pins on the Disney Store. That's going to make them much harder to collect. Did any come out this week?

OK, by my count, we only have 49 pins left. I don't know about the rest of you, buy my wallet is screaming for me to stop:) But we are more than 1/2 way there and the end is actually in sight. That makes the end on or about October 10, 2011. As soon as I get the latest batch, I'll post if they are still on the blue cards. Maybe Disney just made a mistake....oops.....did I say that outloud?

My most recent pins arrived today and they are on the blue cards. But the packaging is very different. The pin on the left is the new one and the pin on the right is the earlier packaging. But at least the cards are the same.

Legacy.jpg

Thanks, Margaret. This is all very interesting!

Now that I think about it, they already had the backer cards made, so it would be pointless/expensive to put them on regular black ones, even if they decided to no longer promote the series.

As for the packaging, I guess when they moved the warehouse, they got a new label-making machine. Or maybe the old one is still in the process of being moved to the new building, so they used a temporary one.

Just noticed Jock and Trusty have sold out :(! People are charging stupid amounts on ebay to get those pins! I saw the lady and the tramp one for £30, (yes pounds not dollars!) thats like 4 X as much as they sold for on ds.com. It are make me very unhappy that people have pushed up the price so much.

I've just spent the last hour on the phone with DisneyShopping to ask why they have stopped calling the pins 110th Legacy Collection and guess what? That's right, no one has an answer. What I was told that they will not be called the 110th Legacy Collection any more and you will only know they are part of the collection by reading the description and identify them by the fact that they are LE250 pins. They will still come on the special blue card and be limited to 1 per order. Disney - get your head out of your butt and go back to what you started.

The oliver & dodger pin has been added to pin pics - Pin 85741: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection - Oliver and Company

I didn't add it but I just noticed so thought I would post it here for you to add to the front page ^_^!

Abu/Carpet, Aladdin/Jafar, Pocohontas/Meeko, Ursula/Eels, Lightning/Mater, and Oliver/Dodger are all online now.

Mickey mouse club is also available.

Why aren't they calling them the 110 collection? weird!

Thanks! I've now updated the new releases. :)

Margaret, that is soo interesting. Thanks for sharing with us. Why would they do this?

I was online tonight and admiring some of these pins mentioned here. I had no idea they were the 110th legacy though. Since they don't say. I bought a few of them before I found this thread. Now I'm glad I did, before they are gone gone gone! =)

Hold on to your wallets, folks. DisneyStore.com is back... with a vengeance!

There were eight new pins released this week, to make up for last week's hiatus. Four of these are pins we hadn't seen before, which is really exciting! I actually gasped when I saw the new Pixar pin. If I don't get some money together for that pin before it sells out, I'll just die. :anxious: There's also a GREAT new pin for you Alice In Wonderland collectors!

New pins that we had already seen previews of:
- Cruella de Vil from One Hundred and One Dalmations
- Tod and Copper from The Fox and the Hound
- Mary Poppins and the London skyline from Mary Poppins (pin on pin)
- Jasmine holding a dove

New pins that we hadn't seen before:
- Alice Tribute to Walt Disney (slider)
- 1969 - Debut of "Wonderful World of Disney" (pin on pin)
- Woody, Buzz, and Little Green Men from Toy Story
- Lock, Shock, and Barrel from The Nightmare Before Christmas

I see that as of today they are still not referring to the pins as the 110th Legacy pins. This new batch better be on the blue card or I'm getting my money back. This is so stupid for them to start something and not finish it. I hope this is not an indication of Disney's new direction because I will just give up pin collecting.

Here is the picture of the 110th Legacy Collection framed set:

http://as7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/6763047190055?wid=800&hei=800&op_sharpen=1

Okay, so I'm seeing some great new additions to the 110th series!

~A WALL-E and Eve pin, and a Carl, Russel, Dug, and Kevin pin, and a Lotso Huggin Bear pin for the "Pixar" subseries

~A Timon and Pumbaa pin, a Mittens and Rhino pin, and a Mushu pin for the "Sidekicks" subseries

~Simba and... Zazu(?) for the "Animal Friends" subseries

~I see Jafar and Dr. Facillier. Those will be the "Villains" subseries

~I see a Belle, a Tiana, a Mulan, and a Rapunzel pin, but we pretty much could've guessed that those would be in the "Princess" subseries.

~I also see Jessica and Rodger. Would that be the "Live Action" subseries? That doesn't seem right, since those characters are animated.

~Runaway Brain Mickey for the "Mickey Classics" or "Disney Shorts" subseries.

~I also see one of Mickey and Pluto playing golf. Is this from a Disney short as well?

~Can anyone figure out where the Bolt and Penny pin would go??

What else can y'all spot in the picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back