• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

12" Classic Doll Collection: Villains!

Status
Not open for further replies.
12" Classic Doll Collection: Villains!

TheOtherSteve

Active DPF Member
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Thanks for the pics and the heads-up! :) They are a bit scary-looking. They are not as "knockout" as the Classic Mother Gothel doll. I think they are a bit more in-line with the Classic Ursula doll in that they look a lot more cartoony than a collector doll. I guess it's to soften them up a bit for kids?

I'm glad they decided to make classic Villain dolls. It was kind of predictable after the Designer Villains. I think I'll pick up Maleficent once she's out, as well as Little Brother plush, he's just so cute :D ! And is it me or does Evil Queen's head looks weird compared to her body?

I'm glad they decided to make classic Villain dolls. It was kind of predictable after the Designer Villains. I think I'll pick up Maleficent once she's out, as well as Little Brother plush, he's just so cute :D ! And is it me or does Evil Queen's head looks weird compared to her body?

With that collar, her head looks like it's floating above her body

I think where they messed up with Jafar is his body. His head is awesome and very like the movie, but his torso is too wide and short for that long head. I feel like he needs a custom body mold. Or if they made Dr. Facilier they could use the same one, since they have similar body types and would run into the same problem.
Love Maleficent though :) Was there supposed to be a Shan-Yu? I don't see a link under Mulan

I personally think Maleficent is hands down the best of the bunch,Disney should have just strayed away from making Jafar unless they planned a thinner body mold,and the Evil Queen gives a very head floats above neck apperance(they should have opted giving her a fabric headressing and real hair,it would have looked so much better)Here's to hoping for a Classic Cruella, :D

Thank you Steve! I am just glad they are still coming up with new dolls, I hope to see some Peter Pan characters and would love Gaston in the play line. I agree the quality is not the best but I am happy we are seeing new character dolls and not just the princesses as they had been doing for years. The parks had a villain series a while back with Mal, EQ, Jafar, Hook and Cruella and these are similar but quality not as good judging from the photos. But still I am looking forward to 2013 dolls.

LOL at Jafar...he looks creepy to me.

Maleficent looks great though...I almost like her better than the Designer version. :)

Kind of disappointing to look at, cheap looking. But it's all good - I got my villains from the Mattel 90's line (the really excellent ones!) LOL ;P

Kind of disappointing to look at, cheap looking. But it's all good - I got my villains from the Mattel 90's line (the really excellent ones!) LOL ;P

Agreed! The Great Villains line from Mattel for Maleficent, Queen Grimhilde, and Ursula are still tops in my book, too. I never did like the Glenn Close-based Cruella dolls (or the live-action films for that matter), and that line had two dolls for her! I may get the Classic Maleficent doll and dress her in the Designer Maleficent outfit...

I think where they messed up with Jafar is his body. His head is awesome and very like the movie, but his torso is too wide and short for that long head. I feel like he needs a custom body mold. Or if they made Dr. Facilier they could use the same one, since they have similar body types and would run into the same problem.
Love Maleficent though :) Was there supposed to be a Shan-Yu? I don't see a link under Mulan

The item for Mulan is Little Brother...no other new items were found yesterday...

Maleficent looks the best and is my favorite, but Sleeping Beauty is also my favorite princess! A Dr. Facilier doll has the potential to look really awesome.

I will probably buy all of these because I have most of the rest of the Classic dolls (with the exception of anything Tinkerbell related, she's overrated in my opinion). My only issue is that the head of the Evil Queen and Jafar look too big for their bodies. Other than that, I'm excited about the possibility of more Classic Villain dolls! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back