• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!
Status
Not open for further replies.
17" LE doll box restoration

thelostprincess

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm a mint doll collector and I bought a snow gear Anna not that long ago (a few weeks before Christmas) as much as I adore the doll herself, the box is slightly, very slightly damaged. There is a fairly long crease on her outer cardboard at the front and very slight but still noticeable hairline scratches on her front plastic. Like I said, I am a mint collector and as much as I adore the doll, my eyes always avert to the flaws. All the rest of my dolls are in near perfect condition and I was hoping that someone may have a solution? It is a huge long shot but I am open to suggestions :) if anyone has any ideas please leave them here! Thanks :)

A link to see the box is here: https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/123914401@N07/sets/72157650582116839/

Last edited:
I think your flickr page link is set to private -- I know I can't view it. You might want to fix that!

I don't know if you've ever tried deboxing being a mint collector, but I find that all my dolls look fabulous that way. My Nordic Anna is currently in this pose
Elsa-Anna-disney-frozen-35828424-818-1280.jpg

And my Coronation Elsa is in the beginning stages of "Let It Go":
Elsa-magic.jpg

You could also try ironing it if it really bothers you. Or ask to purchase someone else's box. I would help except I traded my good cover for my sister's bad one

I don't know if you've ever tried deboxing being a mint collector, but I find that all my dolls look fabulous that way. My Nordic Anna is currently in this pose
Elsa-Anna-disney-frozen-35828424-818-1280.jpg

And my Coronation Elsa is in the beginning stages of "Let It Go":
Elsa-magic.jpg

You could also try ironing it if it really bothers you. Or ask to purchase someone else's box. I would help except I traded my good cover for my sister's bad one

I love how you've positioned them! The only problem with me is that if I ever do decided to sell my collection (but I doubt I ever will) people generally prefer boxed ones. Plus I'm a real clean freak and dust on them would terrify me xD I think the boxes are really beautiful and I tend to stack them up too. Thank you so much for your advice! In definitely going to look into trying to get a new front cover :)

I love how you've positioned them! The only problem with me is that if I ever do decided to sell my collection (but I doubt I ever will) people generally prefer boxed ones. Plus I'm a real clean freak and dust on them would terrify me xD I think the boxes are really beautiful and I tend to stack them up too. Thank you so much for your advice! In definitely going to look into trying to get a new front cover :)

Yeah, I only debox the ones I know I'm keeping forever! So far it's been those two, blue Aurora, designer Rapuzel, Mother Gothel and Zarina.

Untill now, nearly all my LE boxes had these hairlike scratches on the front plastic. They are very tiny and only noticable when the light is reflecting in a special way, but they are there. And I have my dolls directly from Disney so it must be kind of a production error....

Untill now, nearly all my LE boxes had these hairlike scratches on the front plastic. They are very tiny and only noticable when the light is reflecting in a special way, but they are there. And I have my dolls directly from Disney so it must be kind of a production error....
the boxes are quite fragile and the plastic is quite flimsy, they're bound to get damage like that, which is unfortunate because you can tell a lot of work has gone into them :( I have known people to get damaged boxes straight from the disney store, there was a Rapunzel not so long ago on eBay and there was a complete tear on the box but apparently that's just the way it came :/ I am a huge fan of your work by the way! After seeing your repaints I went out and got the supplies to attempt to make my own, I haven't started yet but I can't wait to! :)

Hi, I'm a mint doll collector and I bought a snow gear Anna not that long ago (a few weeks before Christmas) as much as I adore the doll herself, the box is slightly, very slightly damaged. There is a fairly long crease on her outer cardboard at the front and very slight but still noticeable hairline scratches on her front plastic. Like I said, I am a mint collector and as much as I adore the doll, my eyes always avert to the flaws. All the rest of my dolls are in near perfect condition and I was hoping that someone may have a solution? It is a huge long shot but I am open to suggestions :) if anyone has any ideas please leave them here! Thanks :)
A link to see the box is here: https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/123914401@N07/sets/72157650582116839/

I know how you feel -- I am very picky about the tiniest flaws, but I've had to learn to live with the scratches. I don't think I have a single doll in my collection that doesn't have scratches or scuffs somewhere on the plastic -- and most of these arrived like this straight from the Disney Store. I'd be more bothered with cracks or huge dents in the plastic, but I've tried to not let the scratches bother me so much because I know practically everyone else has them on their doll boxes too.

I know how you feel -- I am very picky about the tiniest flaws, but I've had to learn to live with the scratches. I don't think I have a single doll in my collection that doesn't have scratches or scuffs somewhere on the plastic -- and most of these arrived like this straight from the Disney Store. I'd be more bothered with cracks or huge dents in the plastic, but I've tried to not let the scratches bother me so much because I know practically everyone else has them on their doll boxes too.
the scratches on the plastic don't really bother me at all, it's the dent in the cardboard. The seller I got it from insisted that it came to her like that and my grandad seems to think it's the manufacturers fault and that's just unfortunate. I Will learn to live with it someday, I wouldn't sell her for the world :)

the scratches on the plastic don't really bother me at all, it's the dent in the cardboard. The seller I got it from insisted that it came to her like that and my grandad seems to think it's the manufacturers fault and that's just unfortunate. I Will learn to live with it someday, I wouldn't sell her for the world :)

I've gotten dents, wrinkles, etc. from dolls straight from Disney. A friend has had rips on the boxes too. It's crazy :p

I've gotten dents, wrinkles, etc. from dolls straight from Disney. A friend has had rips on the boxes too. It's crazy :p
It's such a shame because you can tell so much work has gone into styling and shaping them and they don't arrive to their owners the way that they were supposed to be. Oh well, it seems like a common Occurrence which gives me some peace of mind :)

I just remembered that before I was going to debox them, I was just going to leave the main cover off, but the plastic still covering the doll. Maybe you could try it like that for a couple days, and decide which way is better.

I just remembered that before I was going to debox them, I was just going to leave the main cover off, but the plastic still covering the doll. Maybe you could try it like that for a couple days, and decide which way is better.
I was actually thinking of doing just that :) right now they are being stored at my grandparents house until I get suitable shelving up in my room. I will definitely try it that way when I display them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back