• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

1980s Pewter pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1980s Pewter pins?

Disneycollector4994

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I saw this auction (ended now) and was wondering
Are these actual pins and are there others in the series?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never actually seen that pin before (at least I don't think I have)... and I don't recall coming across any others like it. I'm sure somebody else can help out with information about the pin though.

Also usually you're not allowed to post eBay links, but as the auction has ended I'm guessing its not a problem.

Last edited:
I've never seen that before, but it's a really nice pin. Is it a regular style pin or a brooch type thing?

It looks pretty legitimate. It says Disney and Disney has produced a lot of pins that do not have the enamel ones we're used to. I have several pewter, brass pins. They're not exactly like that one. I believe before pin trading became a thing they called pins like this hat pins or lapel pins. But does it really matter? If you like the pin who cares where it came from.

It’s legit. I have it. Bought it at the park when it came out. I have no idea why. I wasn’t really “collecting” back then. The box is not mint anymore, but I have it somewhere, not with my other pins, cause I didn’t take it out of the box. It’s probably with the “tin” sets of the movies.

I gotta go through my Disney boxes in the basement. Toys, posters, lots of paper goods.

It’s legit. I have it. Bought it at the park when it came out. I have no idea why. I wasn’t really “collecting” back then. The box is not mint anymore, but I have it somewhere, not with my other pins, cause I didn’t take it out of the box. It’s probably with the “tin” sets of the movies.

I gotta go through my Disney boxes in the basement. Toys, posters, lots of paper goods.
Was there others?
Or was this exculsive for tge release of the movie?

Okay, as I pm’d, I found it. I have it in a box ready for shipment. The pin box is actually in good shape, not bent. The plastic “cover” doesn’t look damaged. Mintier than I thought.

Ackkk! I don’t know how to post pics on here! It says I can’t post attachments. Maybe this’ll work, for anyone interested. I put them on google drive.

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

Hmmm...the preview just has the code. Well, I tried what I know how to do. Doesn’t seem to link. Not sure if it works.

HOW DO I GET ENABLED TO POST ATTACHMENTS?!

Last edited:
Okay, as I pm’d, I found it. I have it in a box ready for shipment. The pin box is actually in good shape, not bent. The plastic “cover” doesn’t look damaged. Mintier than I thought.

Ackkk! I don’t know how to post pics on here! It says I can’t post attachments. Maybe this’ll work, for anyone interested. I put them on google drive.

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

Hmmm...the preview just has the code. Well, I tried what I know how to do. Doesn’t seem to link. Not sure if it works.

HOW DO I GET ENABLED TO POST ATTACHMENTS?!

You have to use a photo hosting site and then insert the link using the little picture icon. It is next the the world icon with a red X in it. I use photobucket since it is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back