• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

20,000 Leagues Goofy as Aronnax... Scrapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20,000 Leagues Goofy as Aronnax... Scrapper?

CoryTheRaven

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've been working on my collection of Jules Verne-based pins with Disney characters on them, and a couple weeks ago I bought #69019 WDW Gold Card Series, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Goofy as Professor Aronnax from a seller on Ebay. Near as I could tell the seller seemed credible enough... They had 6 of this particular pin and were selling a smattering of this and that, usually in multiples, but no tell-tale lots or common scrappers. The seller is also from Florida, so it didn't seem outside the realm of possibility that they did just buy 6 of them (an LE1500 from 2009) and have been steadily selling them since. Near as I can tell from inspecting the pin, it looks perfect.

However I've noticed that, since then, that pin keeps coming on Ebay more and more frequently. Not any of the other pins from the same set, just that one. An Ebay search for "20,000 Leagues pins" this moment brought up 4 sellers hawking 9 between them, to 1 of Mickey as Nemo from the same set and none of the other 3. That is setting off my red alert. Would anyone on here know if scrappers of this pin have started coming in, or if leftovers of legit ones have started turning up in outlet stores or WDW itself recently, or what? I'm hoping there's a legitimate reason why it and only it seems to be for sale so much lately.

Or, if anyone has a certifiably authentic one (i.e.: you personally bought it at WDW), would you be willing to post clear photos of it's front and back for me to take a look at and compare? It would help out a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back