• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2011 Alphabet

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 Alphabet

DukeVonTradesAlot

New DPF Member
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
I recently purchased the 2011 alphabet set on ebay after much disappointment of trading all my letters before i moved, thinking o, ill never complete the set now that im moving. pleh. what an idiot. Anyways, i broke down and bought a complete set on ebay only to discover the ENTIRE set were scrappers! I was disgusted. Needless to say, i contacted the seller immediately and wanted a full refund. Ya, wasn't a very nice guy. The set had defects in each individual pin. On most i was able to tell at first glance. Obvious imperfections. For example, The Evil Queen as the "Q" in the set was cross eyed!! Alice was discolored, jessica's mouth was incorrect, and most were the wrong shade of which ever color they were meant to be. This is an utter disappointment. If anyone has any questions about the authenticity of their 2011 Alphabet collection, i would be more than happy to send a picture of the scrapper and help you confirm if you have the real deal, or a crappy scrappy :)
Collector ye be warned!! the ebay seller info can be found with a simple private message :p

Duke °o°

You probably can go through ebay to get yourself a refund for it if the fellow isn't being understanding. Ebay has protection for people like that so they don't get scammed.

What a shame, some people are so awful.

I just did. And the seller decided instead of trying to work through the issue, to just let ebay customer support handle it. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly. I was so excited to get this too!

Duke °o°

Sorry to hear that. You can also go through PayPal for dispute resolution too (if eBay doesn't work).

But, if you are interested in a full set, I have it for sale for $130 postage paid (includes insurance and delivery confirmation). I finished this set in May so I think that was before the scrappers came out (I hope) but I looked at them all and they don't appear to be scrappers.

Or, I have lots of different letters that you seem to want (B, D, F, G, H, I, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, U, V, W, X, Y, Z). I sold a complete set I finished in April (during my week at VGC) a month or two ago and can provide a reference if you'd like. No dips or imperfections, as far as I can tell :) You can go to my sales thread here:
http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?6829-Pins-Sale-AP-LE-JDS-Princesses-and-Misc.-Characters

I have no problems taking pictures of the pins so you can see them yourself too.

I will be offline (no access to dpf) from 8/6 to 8/23.

P.S. I hope it's okay to post this response.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any pictures of the scrappers from the alphabet set? I've only seen the N, O, P, Y, and Z.

I would love to see what the scrapper for Jessica is. I have two of these, and I feel confident their real, but would like to know for sure. :)

Vicki

I'd love to see the N if possible!

starry_solo: Are those for trade or for sale? Cause I would love to buy N if you are selling them and if it's not spoken for!

Kahlan: I just traded away the "N" today, sorry. But I will keep on the lookout for another. There are usually pin traders at DLR that I can find them from. I am out of town for the next two weeks (limited to no internet access)

N may be available

I'd love to see the N if possible!

starry_solo: Are those for trade or for sale? Cause I would love to buy N if you are selling them and if it's not spoken for!

Kahlan: I may be able to get a N for you. I traded it away to a friend who has yet to trade it so I will check. I will let you know as well as the price - are you in the US?

You know, its really really sad what lengths people will go to with these. After reading this thread, out of curiosity I headed to the Bay and searched for "disney pin alphabet set" and came up with so many people selling fakes and crap. Check out what one seller had to say, I couldn't believe it:

THESE ARE ALL BRAND NEW LICENSED BY DISNEY AND FRESH FROM THE FACTORY!YOU WILL BE THE FIRST PERSON TO TOUCH YOUR PINS !please note one additional thought: I am tired of people who want to return pins because they claim they are 'scrappers' Please do some homework. Google "Licensed Disney Pins, China". Learn about Disney and Pins. These Alphabet sets are created under License from Disney in China. Disney designed these pins. Do you think a Chinese person knows the difference between Cheshire Cat and Buzz Lightyear? Only one factory in the world makes them. There are no knockoffs or 'scrappers' of these pins.

I guess these people have no morals. This person has sold 80+ sets at a little over $30 a set. Either they are stealing them as a CM (shudder) or buying them direct from *a* factory and selling them. They are so brazen in their fraud that they seem to have fooled themselves in the process. I worked my you-know-what off for a month, probably 9-10 park visits, to finish this set on my own and do it the right way. These jerks make me sick, and if I could turn them in for counterfeit I would.

I now consider myself thoroughly disgusted.​

That's the seller I got the pins from! You can imagine how stoopid I felt after the thrill of excitement went away, and my brain kicked back in. I started wondering hmm.. you have to get these from a CM. But there's no alert on pin pics. O well, lesson learned. ebay gave me a full refund, plus a $10 coupon, and I was able to leave negative saying that he sold fake pins. Now anyone who does his research (like I do now ;) ) they will see my feedback and be warned.

Duke °o°

Duke,
Did you forward the info to Disney? I'm pretty sure the have somewhere to report people like this...

If anyone has that phone #, email, or link, please post.

After a little searching, I found this in another thread:

Here is how I reported it:
Once I entered the Report item, I then selected Reason for Report: counterfit and copyright violations.
Then under Detailed Reasons I selected potential trademark infringement.
Then under Additional Information I selected other replica or counterfit items.
Then hit Continue then you get to type in a brief description. You get 100 character to do so. (not enough in my opinion)
title_antipiracy.gif
keyline_dot.gif

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
The Walt Disney Company and its subsidiaries own the intellectual property rights to the characters, brands, titles and properties popularly associated with the Disney name and with Disney's affiliates. This includes a large number of titles, characters and other elements from Disney's television programs, feature-length motion pictures, animated productions, publications, games and music. Disney takes the enforcement of these rights very seriously. We protect these rights so that we can continue to provide quality entertainment that measures up to the standards that our audience has come to love and expect. We welcome reports of suspected infringement of any of these rights. Please direct reports to us via one of the following methods:

Email: tips@disneyantipiracy.com
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Voice Mail: 818-560-3300
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Mail:The Walt Disney Company
spacer.gif
Antipiracy Group
spacer.gif

500 South Buena Vista Street
spacer.gif