• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 "Couture de Force" Princess and Villain Figures [IMG HEAVY]

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 "Couture de Force" Princess and Villain Figures [IMG HEAVY]
I am in love with Aurora. Her dress is just amazing!

Looks like these are going to be released at the D23 expo this year!

Cool where did you get the details about what is going to be released at the expo? I was curious as to how we would be able to purchase these, I just assumed we could only buy them online from Enesco as I did not think they were "official" Disney merchandise.

But in glad they will be available at the expo as that would save on shipping. Although they do come out the same time as when the Ariel LE doll is expected to come out on pre-order as well which is about a month before the expo.

Cool where did you get the details about what is going to be released at the expo? I was curious as to how we would be able to purchase these, I just assumed we could only buy them online from Enesco as I did not think they were "official" Disney merchandise.

But in glad they will be available at the expo as that would save on shipping. Although they do come out the same time as when the Ariel LE doll is expected to come out on pre-order as well which is about a month before the expo.

I found them on the expo merch catalog, under "RSP #71-102". Here's the link:
http://www.disneynow.com/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x453921e28&varPage=home

Only the princesses are listed right now, but I don't see why they wouldn't release the villains as well. They're still revealing merchandise as the expo gets closer, however looking at the descriptions for the items not shown I don't see anything else related to this line.

Wow thank you so much for passing on that information. I had no idea the catalogue had even come out. I thought disney would have at least sent me an email or something :S seeing that I did buy tickets and am also a D23 member.

It's awesome that I found your wonderful site, I'll be sure to add your DPF link to my FB page for Couture de Force Designer.
Wow! Thank you so much, I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments. I appreciate your very kind words and valuable input. To introduce myself, I'm the designer of the Couture de Force collection. I'm a former Disney Feature Animation artist and freelance for Disney Consumer Products, mostly specializing in the princesses. You may have seen some of my style guide artwork that the licensees use on their products.
To answer some of your questions: Couture de Force collection was picked up by most main Hallmark stores, Disney theme parks, along with many gift shops, online, etc., should be in stores by July 15. I believe it will not be LE. Just an fyi, Enesco sales said that they were heavily ordered and having a tough time fulfilling them, which is actually a good thing for them to be popular, but may be harder to find. Popular princesses are the toughest item for the theme parks to keep in stock.
At our initial Enesco meeting last year (as it takes a year for sculpt prototype, manufacturing), they wanted to do 6 characters as a try out to see what I would come up with. We decided on 7, as we felt we should do the most popular princess & villain characters first. If they sell well, I'm fairly sure they will add in the rest of the princesses and villains.
I feel Enesco did an exceptional job with the sculpts, I'm very pleased with them. Aurora has always been my favorite character and I loved being able to do my version of both the pink and blue dress. Great classic fashion designers were my inspiration, Valentino, Versace, etc. Enesco's original concept was to include the ink splats on all of the characters, but it was dropped afterwards, too much detail for already complex designs. If you would like to go to my Facebook page and see the original artwork I did, it's under https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPrincessVillainCoutureDeForce.
Thank you so much, I look forward to reading more of your comments. I'm particularly interested to see who is everyone's favorite. Best wishes, Cyndy Bohonovsky

Last edited:
hi Shivatopia! Thanks so much for posting this and your wonderful comments. I'm the designer of this collection and just posted some responses...but since I'm new to this site, hopefully it posted okay. LOL
At the time of our first Enesco meeting last year, this collection was a new concept and they wanted to try it out first with 6 characters. We discussed who were the most popular main characters, who should be included first (and who not to leave out), we ended up adding in a 7th, which was Cruella. Btw: Dave Pacheco who was an animator at Disney Feature Animation (also for Little Mermaid) and long time Director at Disney Art Editions, oversaw and approved all of these designs at Disney Consumer Products to ensure high quality.
I look forward to reading more of your comments and feedback. I also have a FB page with my original designs for them. cheers, =0)

hi Auroradawn! (Aurora is also my favorite character design, too!)
Thanks so much for posting the pics and being the first to start the discussion. I really appreciate everyone's comments and enjoyed reading them. I'm the designer of this collection and just posted some responses...but hopefully I didn't mess up posting since I'm new with this site. LOL
At the time of our first Enesco meeting last year, this collection was a new concept and they wanted to try it out first with 6 characters. We ended up adding in a 7th, to include Cruella. I see you are a big fan of Lady Tremaine and should Enesco decide to move forward and add in more characters to the collection, I'll be sure to mention her.
Personally, I feel that Alice, who is another one of my favorite character designs, doesn't get included enough, neither does the beautiful Blue Fairy from Pinocchio.
I also have a FB page with my original art designs for the collection if you'd like to see them. https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPrincessVillainCoutureDeForce
I look forward to reading more of your comments and feedback.
cheers, =0)

hi Anya,
I'm new to this site so hopefully my comments are getting out there okay. I'm the designer for the Couture de Force collection, I'm so glad you like them.
Yes, Hallmark and Disney theme parks have heavily ordered them so they should be there in August. Their sales dept. said however, they are having a tough time keeping up with orders so you may want to contact the theme parks or look online at local gift shops to see who will have them in stock. The princesses are the #1 selling items at the theme parks as it is, without it being a new release on top.
I'm guessing they should be around awhile since it's just supposed to hit stores July 15. But just fyi, I was told by someone from Enesco that they were actually supposed to hit stores sooner, so it may be padding the date to be safe. I'd try contacting stores a little earlier to confirm.
Best wishes, =0)

Wow! What an honor to have the Designer of this wonderful collection in the forum! Thanks for taking your time to read our comments and replying to them, that's super nice of you! The collection is amazing, personally I will pick Aurora, Maleficent and Evil Queen. Your idea of making Aurora's dress both blue and pink was simply genious! And I really can't wait to see your designs on a future Ariel, Ursula, Mulan, Pocahontas, Rapunzel and Mother Gothel!

Btw, on a side note, I'm from Mexico! So I bet you'll be glad to hear that these amazing figures will be a hit worldwide. Congratulations again! :)

Yes the collection is beautiful! Congratulations! I also agree Alice and the Blue Fairy are underused. Disney has so many great female characters they could use (Esmeralda, Megara, Madame Medusa, Pocahontas, Mulan, Ariel, Ursula, Mother Gothel, Rapunzel, Tiana, Lady Tremaine). I can't wait to see what else is in store in the future!

4037522.jpg
4037524.jpg
4037523.jpg
4037525.jpg
from enesco website

Thanks for the new images, Jasmine is done beautifully but for my favourite character Ariel, while pretty her eyes look so so wrong, she's supposed to have bigger (taller) eyes than Rapunzel (who looks really nice)! Great to see Tink in there too.

They are amazing. I don't think I have ever seen figures I like more! The detail is just amazing! I like all of their faces too. Are Jasmine, Rapunzel, Ariel, and Tibk part of the set too?

I would LOVE a Mulan and Pocahontas!!!! Esmeralda, Meghara, Kida and Jane have the potential to look amazing as well;)
thanks to the designers for sharing these photos with us!

Jasmine and Rapunzel look lovely. Ariel is pretty but I agree her eyes are a bit off. I am glad to see more characters! Hopefully Tiana, Pocahontas, Mulan and Merida all eventually get made. And I would love to see other characters like Alice, Megara, Esmeralda ect. And of course more baddies :D

I saw these in person at my local Hallmark today Aurora is gorgeous! Definitely the standout of the princesses. Her face also looks more movie accurate in person. The villains all look great, Maleficent and the Queen both look much more sinister in person. I am definitely investing in those three!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back