• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

ImNotBad

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was posted today on Designer Doll artist Steve Thompsons Tumblr page:

"Are YOU going? The D23 Expo happens every other year and this one is not to be missed. The photos seen below are from the “Disney Designer Princess Collection†artist signing I did with fellow designer Sang Plumlee at the last expo in 2011. While it is still top secret what we have in store, I will again be attending this coming August. As soon as I can let you know more I will post it here on my Tumblr page first. So, if you are planning on being there, make sure to stop by and say hello. See you there!"

This is the only hint we have gotten so far but I think we can expect another collection this year.

I hope this is made available online as a complete set as well (like the villains were)--I don't think I can go to Expo and trying to get all of the 10 princesses was a bit of a nightmare.

OMG I can't wait! Have my tickets all sorted and everything is booked in for me to go to the Expo. So looking forward to it! Can't wait for more details to come out.

Polaris I'll be seeing you there
I'm so excited to be going this is my first d23 expo and we got 3 day tickets for it!

I got the 3 day pass too! I really wanted to get the sorcerer package but they sold out by the time I found out about them :(. But still it should be fun. Would be a great mini holiday for me too! If I didn't have to take a 13 hour flight just to get to California I would be at Disney every day! Haha

Well probably not everyday but every weekend haha.

Hoo-boy... If there will be another Designer doll line, I actually hope that they not only continue to allow pre-orders of the whole set online as they did with the Designer Villains Collection, but I also hope that they make enough of them to go around despite the fact that four of the Designer Villain dolls are still available. I know there are people who did not like the high edition size of 13,000 with the thought that it would reduce the collectible factor of the dolls, but obviously, Designer Maleficent and Designer Queen Grimhilde (Evil Queen) did sell out and are becoming more highly sought.

Question about D23, do you have to be a member? If so how does that work, since I only see the Member Renewal?
I am literally at the end of my seat! I really can't wait!

You don't have to be a D23 member to go to the expo but the price of the tickets are slightly more if you are not a member. I think by $15, but don't quote me on that. You can buy your tickets to the expo from here.

http://d23.disney.go.com/d23-expo-2013

You can also become a D23 member through that site if you wish. Also if you are a member you are entitled to buy up to 4 tickets under the one membership. I.e you don't all have to be members to buy the cheaper tickets.

Thank you so much! I am hoping to go, but I have to see about hotel and such. The price isn't too bad at all!

one thing I dont know if its true or not, you do not need to be a member to go, however I have heard in the past there are d23 exclusives for things to buy, so you need to have it for that, again I have heard.. I really dont know if it is true or not.

I do however know that at some places to eat in downtown disney you can get a 10 - 15% off your bill!

Oh Dear Lord...another batch? I'll bet this is will be the "Heroine" collection. If there's an Esmeralda...MINE! If she's still at the inflated price tag of 80$...maybe not.

Oh wow if this is anything like last expo, it's going to be insane, if not worse.

I'm going to hope to learn from my oversight last time and pre-order the whole thing while I'm there omg. The entire set aside, I'm more concerned if we get another doll like the D23 Silver Cinderella!!

Oh wow if this is anything like last expo, it's going to be insane, if not worse.

I'm going to hope to learn from my oversight last time and pre-order the whole thing while I'm there omg. The entire set aside, I'm more concerned if we get another doll like the D23 Silver Cinderella!!

Hi Visionfantasmic, do you mind if ask what the last expo was like? I am expecting there to be another D23 silver Cinderella equivalent so I just wanted to know how difficult was it to get one of these I.e were the lines really long, is the exhibition centre fitted out with lots of stalls if so is it easy to find your way around. Also was it really packed that it made it very difficult to get around and were wait times for some events hours or just minutes?

Sorry I know that might be an overload of questions but I just wanted to gather as much info on the expo as possible so that I will be well prepared.

thanks!

Hi Visionfantasmic, do you mind if ask what the last expo was like? I am expecting there to be another D23 silver Cinderella equivalent so I just wanted to know how difficult was it to get one of these I.e were the lines really long, is the exhibition centre fitted out with lots of stalls if so is it easy to find your way around. Also was it really packed that it made it very difficult to get around and were wait times for some events hours or just minutes?

Sorry I know that might be an overload of questions but I just wanted to gather as much info on the expo as possible so that I will be well prepared.

thanks!

Sure!!

So I arrived at the Expo around 8:30 am and the line was crazy so I didn't end up getting in till about forty-five minutes after the doors opened. From there I went straight to a panel I was interested in and missed out on the Disney Store Cinderella release. To get into the Disney Store booth itself, there was a separate queue to maintain the amount of people inside wasn't overwhelming. From what I recall there was a display of all of the Designer Dolls and the chance to purchase all of them if you wished, but not individually.

The Expo is pretty easy to get around as the convention center isn't nearly as massive as it seems. Most of Disney's big draws are easy to find and the showfloor is rather easy to navigate, minus the crowds. I was there for Day 1 and the crowds were extremely heavy. Most panels, or panels of particular interest had queues starting as early as an hour and a half before the desired time. Last expo, crowd control and queue management was a sore spot and there were many, many instances of misinformation, crowded, unclear queues and so forth. For instance, I came a bit late to get in line for the Disney Parks announcement and crowd management ended up having the back of the line cut my part of the line and I didn't get in, unfortunately. This year, however, D23 has promised more viewing space for all major panels and events.

As for queue times on average, most ranged from 20-45 minutes (when I was there), save the big announcements in the Arena (and some of the more popular panels) where you were encouraged to come as early as an hour to get a seat. Most of the shopping venues like the Disney Store and the Mickey's of Glendales outlet had pretty manageable queues all day.

The schedule is released online a good time ahead of the Expo, and what I would recommend is to select a few panels and events that are most important, keeping in mind a lot of them are scheduled to intentionally overlap or be near misses. If you are very concerned about obtaining a D23 Cinderella equivalent, I would suggest getting there on Day 1 as early as possible and not attending the Disney Legends Ceremony (which I believe should happen again this year). Hopefully it will work out and good luck!! :)

It will be interesting to see if they make the Convention Exclusive doll the same from the line in a different dress like they did with Cinderella, or will they do a different character completely, like throw Merida in.

Did you have to buy the whole set to get the Convention Exclusive or was that sold on it's own?

It will be interesting to see if they make the Convention Exclusive doll the same from the line in a different dress like they did with Cinderella, or will they do a different character completely, like throw Merida in.

Did you have to buy the whole set to get the Convention Exclusive or was that sold on it's own?

I'm pretty sure she was a separate purchase, from what I remember.

Thanks so much for all your information Visionfantasmic. I am really looking forward to the expo and will definitely take into account your advice! Sorry to ask another question but I noticed people talking about the Disney Legends Ceremony, do you mind if I ask what that is? Thanks so much again for your advice!

also just a general question to the forum but is it worth going the three days? As I understand that there will be different panels per day but will everything be pretty much the same or could you spend the whole day there for the three days. Just trying to plan my time while I am there and determine if I need to spend the full three days there or spend half the day on the 2nd or 3rd day at the expo and the other half at the parks.

Thanks so much for all your information Visionfantasmic. I am really looking forward to the expo and will definitely take into account your advice! Sorry to ask another question but I noticed people talking about the Disney Legends Ceremony, do you mind if I ask what that is? Thanks so much again for your advice!

also just a general question to the forum but is it worth going the three days? As I understand that there will be different panels per day but will everything be pretty much the same or could you spend the whole day there for the three days. Just trying to plan my time while I am there and determine if I need to spend the full three days there or spend half the day on the 2nd or 3rd day at the expo and the other half at the parks.

No problem!!

The Disney Legends Ceremony is a special event where important people who have contributed greatly to the Walt Disney Company are awarded as a Disney Legend and it's a pretty big award and a large crowd draw. Unsurprisingly, the showfloor and mostly everything was very manageable during this event.

If the panels for all three days interest you, then yes, I would certainly go, and at least for two days. There is a lot to see and do and I didn't get to a lot of it in the short time I was there, and especially because I had to leave early and the expo closes around 7-7:30, which is a pretty reasonable time to walk back to the parks too!!

Thanks again for all the advice! I cannot wait for more information to come out such as the different panels, opening times etc as I am really looking forward to the expo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back