• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
I really hope they add Pocahontas, Mulan and Tiana to continue the line;)

Congrats to everyone who got theirs!

I totally agree with you Shiva - looks ARE deceiving. I actually got pegged as an ebayer because I brought my mom with me. I needed to get a second doll for my best friend who moved to Indiana and doesn't have a store within three hours of her. It's extremely insulting as a collector who has full sets of all the designer series to get called an ebayer just because I'm trying to help out my best friend. Be kind guys! You never know when you've got a fellow collector you're shooting down!

Thankfully my mom got one - so now I just have to try online for my bestie >.<

Beautiful pictures and congratulations to those who were able to purchase one. Fingers crossed that I'll still be getting the Ariel and Eric set from a co-op. I'm also a male collector and I try not to let disgruntled looks and snide remarks from others get the best of me. Good luck to everyone buying online! I'll see you guys in the morning!

Beautiful pictures and congratulations to those who were able to purchase one. Fingers crossed that I'll still be getting the Ariel and Eric set from a co-op. I'm also a male collector and I try not to let disgruntled looks and snide remarks from others get the best of me. Good luck to everyone buying online! I'll see you guys in the morning!

There's a good 5-7 male collectors who come to my store, and they always get the worst looks. Kudos to you for putting up with that and stay awesome!

I'm a male. I been Marry to my wife for 9 years. Oct 31 is are anniversary..so I was at the mall today. I have tattoos shave head. I just got off of work. I'm in construction. I did not have time to change. So I was a mess. So I got the looks. The cheap shots. So and so..well I did not get pick. So up at 12:00 for me. I so bad wanted to surprise my wife on are Anniversary..funny thing is. Those people don't even know I don't even have eBay PayPal. I have seen a lot of sick stuff in my job. But The looks I got made me sick. It's so funny I try hard today to get this gift for my wife. NOT TO SELL ON EBAY..a lot of guys do nice things for the ones they love.
Quinndeanna, Agrimmending and Tinkerbell, I hate that others have treated you so unfairly! My father is the one who got me into collecting Disney dolls in 2011 when the Designer series was offered. He and my mother happened to be in the Disney Store buying my nephew a birthday present, when a CM offered them a brochure about the 2011 Designer Dolls. The CM explained to my father how they were collector dolls (not for kids to play with) and that it was a fun thing to collect. Once he was home, my father re-read the brochure and decided that Disney Dolls would be a fun thing for him to collect for his granddaughter (my daughter, whom at the time was 3). He wouldn't give them to her until she was older and could appreciate them as a collector, but it would be something special for him to give her.

So at the ripe old age of 75, my father (yes, a MAN) became a doll collector! I don't know who gets more pleasure from collecting the Disney Dolls, my father or me. He has become quite knowledgeable about all things Disney. At his retirement party last year, we presented him with a new business card (as he wouldn't be needing his old one). His title on his new card ready "Disney Princess Expert" or as we refer to him as the "DPE".

.... So yes, my father was with me today at our Disney Store, attempting to get Ariel/Eric. No, neither one of us got one, but it was still a special memory and a laugh we will share and long after my father is gone, I'll be able to tell my little one about of the craziness her grandpa went through to get her these dolls .... to heck with whatever evil looks or comments others made. My father was laughing as we left the store, as one woman commented in his direction, "There is no way that that old man knows a princess from a frog." I just wish my father would have had one of his new business cards with him to hand her! I asked my dad if comments like that bothered him and he said something he has repeated throughout my entire life, "Other people can try to steal your joy but it's up to you not to let them." ...... And then he added, "... also when you get to be my age, you just don't give a d@mn what other people think!"

Hang in there guys!!! Try not to let it get to you. Don't let them steal your joy!

HUGS

There's a good 5-7 male collectors who come to my store, and they always get the worst looks. Kudos to you for putting up with that and stay awesome!

Im a male collector too and Ive learned to completely ignore them. I havent gotten any flack from anyone in a very long time but I do remember that I used to pretend I was buying for my sister because it got to me so bad.

Thankfully today I didnt get any type of stares or nasty comments so thats always good

My husband went with me, and we got there EARLY (9am). Only one other couple there for the longest time. Then my friend had her group--about 8 of us altogether with 3 dolls desired. Two of my friend's friends were called, and then Hubby. Had the third not been promised, we'd've given to that couple who had waited so long. About 70 people for 22 dolls.

And A LOT of the names called (yes, random) were men--a number of whom stated they were flippers. Yes, they have a right to buy and flip. But it's sad, you know? I was telling a number of the sad people what to do to try online. One said she only had a Disney gift card and not a credit card--I told her that as fine online and in the store.

So we have our set of 5, thanks to my friend with her extras. And with her undamaged Eric, I can ship back my damaged Eric.

i think I'm done with dolls, sceptic for helping wait for my friend.

People will always judge others, especially if their is more than one person with them. You also get weird looks if you 2 people who are together get dolls. Everyone's situation is different. Yes there are people who are probably there to re-sell, but not everyone is the same. Now when you have a large group of people and everyone buys a doll, chances are higher that some were purchased with the intent to re-sell. Even so, you just never know. It is better to just keep comments and thoughts inside.

People will always judge others, especially if their is more than one person with them. You also get weird looks if you 2 people who are together get dolls. Everyone's situation is different. Yes there are people who are probably there to re-sell, but not everyone is the same. Now when you have a large group of people and everyone buys a doll, chances are higher that some were purchased with the intent to re-sell. Even so, you just never know. It is better to just keep comments and thoughts inside.

You're absolutely right. I guess it's just nice to think that fellow collector's wouldn't be like that, you know? Obviously it's a naive thought, but oh well!

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy it when I can surprise my wife she her eyes light up like Xmas morning. I love this hubby. And being apart of it with my wife. It's fun. My wife and I spend time. Love when my 3 year old she the dolls and her little voice says how cute. Melts my heart ..one day they will all be hers. It's been a hard few mouths for us. More for my wife. I'm the stone. My 3 year old baby girl health is not the best for some time. Just a lot of test on her kidneys ..still tying to figuer what's going on. My wife is bend strong ..so I will give it 110% tonight.at 12;00. Then grab a few hours of sleep and get to the job site at 4:00. This will be fun. Can't wait. Thanks to all

I was able to get Ariel and Eric today! I'm so relieved. My name was not called, but my mother's was. There were over 60 people there and only 18 sets. There were more than double the number of people there for the BatB set.

I really want to open the case to readjust somethings and remove the plastic inserts, but I'm afraid of damaging the case. Can anyone provide a detailed explanation of how to remove the plastic case and/or is there a YouTube video that shows how to do it?

Congrats to everyone who got a set!

And the rest of us will be like:

"OH BOY 3 AM!" :rofl:

tumblr_lfrs4t3skE1qgpm71o1_500.gif

Sounds like its been pretty smooth so far for you all? At least in so far as there haven't been any mobs even if you didn't get called. Edited to add: oh wait, sounds like there were a few ugly scenes. I just read a few posts that somehow I missed before writing this. I'm sorry there were some unpleasant people out there.

As for me, I'm nervous about tonight! Going to make sure my alarm is set! I hope everyone in here gets a set that is trying tonight.
I dont understand why people get upset and cause scenes. Yes, I was disappointed that I didnt get one, but you cant blame the CMs. I mean the raffle is probably the most fair way they can do this. I feel bad for them, I've worked in retail, and people can be downright disgusting with other they treat people who work in retail.

I went with a friend and my mom, to increase my odds. There were 30-40 people there four 8 dolls, and after the deadline for signing up two girls were allowed to enter late - and one of them went home with one of the dolls. I didn't find that fair to anyone who showed up on time. Either way, first seven people were called some of them were giving off some scalper vibes as they were neither excited, nor did they even smile when they got called.

I was the last name called, I was honestly expecting that I would not be called. I gasped out loud and ran right up, the staff were laughing at my excitement as they've gotten to know me with every release :)
Congrats!!!

I agree with you 100%, their seems to be a lot of people who think that just because there are males in the drawing that it must mean they are re-sellers. I know men collect dolls and I have a couple of male friends who do as well. I was just annoyed because today a lot of people were talking about how they plan to re-sell the dolls and today the majority having these conversations were males. Here I am about to cry and they don't even care for the doll. :( So sad.
There were actually a lot of males at the store today I was at. It seemed like they were all collectors. Being a male, I know people were staring at me strange for hanging out in the Disney store and waiting for the raffle.

I am now complete!! until next year! :)
Untitled by roylee_ly, on Flickr
I love those shelves. I should get those for my dolls too. What a great way to display them.

I'm a guy collector. I love seeing other guys on here that are collectors. There is a doll collector on FB and Youtube that does reviews and he always seems to get grief from people online. Its so sad how he gets treated online. He started a thing that was for men collectors. Forget what it was called, but it was so cool to see him stand up to everyone.

I always wanted/played with dolls when I was kid, but my dad would take them away and not let me play with them. So now I can have all the dolls I want. I dont play with them, they are just display only. But its like fulfilling something from childhood that I didnt get to experience.

Some people can be so mean. It bothers me that people take it out on the CM's, it is not their fault. I think the raffle is the fairest way to do it and I hope they use this same system next year with the remaining five. If people get in such bad moods with an organized system, I don't even want to imagine the chaos if it was first come first serve. People would kill each other. Disney takes the comments of the guests very seriously which is why they implemented the raffle system after the horrible fiasco of 2011. While we may have instances where we do not get called, I prefer this system that to have to get up really early or camp out while trying to avoid confrontations on who was there first. With the raffle it is what it is.

** 6 1/2 hrs to go!!** :)

I'm a guy, i love Disney and I love my dolls. I have never had anyone think I was a seller I don't think. But I'm usually in a disney tee. today i wore a Mickey tee and hat.lol I show my Disney love LOL!

There were a lot of guys at my store today too. Most with girls. One family got 2 dolls because the older lady with them paid each time. Not sure how many resellers there were. Seemed like mostly collectors.

I have those or at least similar shelfs from ikea. I want 3 more cases but my area is all sold out. :(

I dont understand why people get upset and cause scenes. Yes, I was disappointed that I didnt get one, but you cant blame the CMs. I mean the raffle is probably the most fair way they can do this. I feel bad for them, I've worked in retail, and people can be downright disgusting with other they treat people who work in retail.

Congrats!!!

There were actually a lot of males at the store today I was at. It seemed like they were all collectors. Being a male, I know people were staring at me strange for hanging out in the Disney store and waiting for the raffle.

I love those shelves. I should get those for my dolls too. What a great way to display them.

I'm a guy collector. I love seeing other guys on here that are collectors. There is a doll collector on FB and Youtube that does reviews and he always seems to get grief from people online. Its so sad how he gets treated online. He started a thing that was for men collectors. Forget what it was called, but it was so cool to see him stand up to everyone.

I always wanted/played with dolls when I was kid, but my dad would take them away and not let me play with them. So now I can have all the dolls I want. I dont play with them, they are just display only. But its like fulfilling something from childhood that I didnt get to experience.

I'm a guy, i love Disney and I love my dolls. I have never had anyone think I was a seller I don't think. But I'm usually in a disney tee. today i wore a Mickey tee and hat.lol I show my Disney love LOL!

There were a lot of guys at my store today too. Most with girls. One family got 2 dolls because the older lady with them paid each time. Not sure how many resellers there were. Seemed like mostly collectors.

I have those or at least similar shelfs from ikea. I want 3 more cases but my area is all sold out. :(

Really? My store was super strict about making sure that the name on the ID matched the name on the card. Unless of course it was cash XD

i got mine today! (or well my aunt did. i actually wasn't called but it still worked out). I'm glad this set is done (for now?) and congrats to everyone who got their dolls. Good luck tonight, everyone! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back