• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
Omg Guppy, I am soooo sorry :( I really do feel your pain and wish their was some way I could help. Don't lose faith, you will have her, I know you will. Big hugs!! :hug:
I will keep an eye open for you.

thank you so much! It means a lot! And thank you for keeping an eye open its very nice of you! I am trying my best to keep my head up! Im pretty good at it! And with yours and some other's help i may be able to find one!

Im very happy for you that you got one!!!! At least on of us did and you definitely deserved it

I managed to get Snow and Rapunzel and hopefully they will do Aurora and Cinderella next year:) I was undecided on Ariel I love the Little Mermaid but I preferred the snow/Rapunzel sets so I said I'd only collect Aurora,Rapunzel,Snow and Cinderella my top 4! Ariel would be 5th choice;) then I changed my mind and wanted the set mainly because I knew in the future it would be hard to get but I have to save for my first car! So couldn't afford her. I do want this set in the future when I have some spare money but she's not worth the eBay prices!

Same. I could have got them for £80 but still backed out. They are beautiful but too expensive for me; even with 20% off.

(Oooh 20% off?) But eah. I would have ended up deboxing them, selling Eric, and giving away the box which would have given all the MIB collectors heart attacks, so, it's for the best I did not get them! XD
I feel sometimes like 'I should buy one and sell it for retail+ shipping to someone deserving' JUST for the satisfaction of knowing that one less evil reseller-who-sells-for-300%-markup-on-day' would get them but...but....I find sending things large items in the post really hard and anxiety-inducing. Mega super anxiety. What if it doesn't get there? What if it gets damaged? How do I package it sufficiently (if buying from a store) What if theres one hair out of place and the person wants to go through some arduous refund? And it seems like these dolls always arrive damaged (not to me but other people) I'd just die of anxiety

Anyway I'll be quiet now.

Last edited:
I managed to get Snow and Rapunzel and hopefully they will do Aurora and Cinderella next year:) I was undecided on Ariel I love the Little Mermaid but I preferred the snow/Rapunzel sets so I said I'd only collect Aurora,Rapunzel,Snow and Cinderella my top 4! Ariel would be 5th choice;) then I changed my mind and wanted the set mainly because I knew in the future it would be hard to get but I have to save for my first car! So couldn't afford her. I do want this set in the future when I have some spare money but she's not worth the eBay prices!

Hey Matthew, well you know at least it shows you have a healthy hobby and have your priorities right. I'm sure the prices for Ariel and Eric will come down at some point. I have Ariel and Snow. One thing I learned from this years couples is that none of the pictures that Disney released has done any of the dolls justice, they are so much better looking in real life. Same for the princes. I noticed today in fact that Eric's hair has got very subtle hints of copper brown in them. All the fabric chosen for the sets is exquisite and I'm really happy I got the two sets I really wanted. (Snow and Ariel).
I'm going to take a gap year, next year if the other princesses are going to be released, simply for the reason that I don't really have a bond with them. I was 5 years old when the Little mermaid was shown in theatres. It was the very first VHS film my mum and dad went to rent and brought home for me to see, so she was always there telling me to follow my dreams. I guess the story for each and everyone one is similar. We all have a particular princess we bond with. :)

(Oooh 20% off?) But eah. I would have ended up deboxing them, selling Eric, and giving away the box which would have given all the MIB collectors heart attacks, so, it's for the best I did not get them! XD
I feel sometimes like 'I should buy one and sell it for retail+ shipping to someone deserving' JUST for the satisfaction of knowing that one less evil reseller-who-sells-for-300%-markup-on-day' would get them but...but....I find sending things large items in the post really hard and anxiety-inducing. Mega super anxiety. What if it doesn't get there? What if it gets damaged? How do I package it sufficiently (if buying from a store) What if theres one hair out of place and the person wants to go through some arduous refund? And it seems like these dolls always arrive damaged (not to me but other people) I'd just die of anxiety

I'm actually hoping to see auctions like that within the next few months. I don't care for Jasmine in this line, so I don't want to pay the full price. I think the 2011 designer is better; however, Aladdin is so handsome that I wouldn't mind buying him loose.

thank you so much! It means a lot! And thank you for keeping an eye open its very nice of you! I am trying my best to keep my head up! Im pretty good at it! And with yours and some other's help i may be able to find one!

Im very happy for you that you got one!!!! At least on of us did and you definitely deserved it

We collectors need to stick together. I will help in any way that I can. I have not looked to see recent prices on the bay, I know some people took a chance and purchased her for quite some cash even before she was released, but their is always someone who lists these dolls at a fair price. The key is patience. You will have her eventually :)

Thanks :/ I hope I find her too. Thanks for the support lol. I wont give up.

And dont give up on Designer Ariel! I found mine for $160!!!!! Im sure you'll find her at a nice price soon
Wow! Thats awesome. I stalk ebay literally everyday. I just take a few minutes and go through my WL. If I see a decent priced Ariel/Eric Ill let you know.

I don't really blame the scalpers for the high prices. I blame the people who NEED to have dolls SO BADLY that they bid up to $500 for something that cost $150 only a couple hours ago. I would never pay that much for a doll, especially when I know I'm just perpetuating these ridiculous prices. It's really hard to get them back down once people think they're worth a certain amount. Sure, there are dolls I want that I missed. I'll just settle for looking at pix on Flickr.
Exactly. It sucks that people buy up stuff to resell but that will always happen. I dont support it, in hopes that others will not support scalpers either. The less demand there is, the less it will happen.

Hey Matthew, well you know at least it shows you have a healthy hobby and have your priorities right. I'm sure the prices for Ariel and Eric will come down at some point. I have Ariel and Snow. One thing I learned from this years couples is that none of the pictures that Disney released has done any of the dolls justice, they are so much better looking in real life. Same for the princes. I noticed today in fact that Eric's hair has got very subtle hints of copper brown in them. All the fabric chosen for the sets is exquisite and I'm really happy I got the two sets I really wanted. (Snow and Ariel).
I'm going to take a gap year, next year if the other princesses are going to be released, simply for the reason that I don't really have a bond with them. I was 5 years old when the Little mermaid was shown in theatres. It was the very first VHS film my mum and dad went to rent and brought home for me to see, so she was always there telling me to follow my dreams. I guess the story for each and everyone one is similar. We all have a particular princess we bond with. :)

Hey:) ooh I really wanted to just buy Ariel but having past my driving test last week, and Christmas coming up I just couldn't justify it, so yes I have my priorities right hehe although a couple of years back and I'd have just bought her-growth lol! It is important to make sure the hobby is healthy and is enjoyable the dolls aren't worth anything to me if they cause lots of stress and aren't enjoyable:) I am looking forward to next year though but again I only really want 1 or 2.

Your right the Disney store pictures are awful! What were they thinking lol. They are all much nicer in person, I love Snow whites Princes cape, I want to dress up as him for Halloween. With each look I notice little details that I hadn't noticed before.I have that kind of bond with Snow White, I mean granted I prefer Aurora and Rapunzel now but I will always love Snow because it was the first movie I remember watching and I was obsessed with it growing up.

I am grateful for the sets I have,their all beautiful. One day I will own Ariell.

So I have a story to share. My friend pre-purchased a pre-order Ariel on Ebay. She paid $250 with free shipping. She was then able to get one last night, but thought she'd just keep the two or give one away. The Ebay seller contacted her and he was unable to get his dolls. He had pre-sold several dolls assuming that he would get them and he didn't get a single doll. My friend didn't miss out, but can you imagine the anger the other buyers must feel. I am not happy for the buyers, but it is really shocking to me that people can pre-sell an item they don't know that they can get. I can understand selling a doll you have purchased on pre-order and active status on, but assuming that you are faster than thousands of people on the internet is a bit funny to me. For me it's a little "take that shark." Btw, Ebay resellers don't bother me that much. I just want people to be honest and not count their chickens before they hatch. I am also very sorry for the collectors who missed out. I was so afraid I would fall asleep or not find a link, but a lot of coffee and a little help from friends fixed everything for me. My order status says active and says something I've never seen before, "processing in warehouse." Does anyone else have that under their order history?

Last edited:
So I have a story to share. My friend pre-purchased a pre-order Ariel on Ebay. She paid $250 with free shipping. She was then able to get one last night, but thought she'd just keep the two or give one away. The Ebay seller contacted her and he was unable to get his dolls. He had pre-sold several dolls assuming that he would get them and he didn't get a single doll. My friend didn't miss out, but can you imagine the anger the other buyers must feel. I am not happy for the buyers, but it is really shocking to me that people can pre-sell an item they don't know that they can get. I can understand selling a doll you have purchased on pre-order and active status on, but assuming that you are faster than thousands of people on the internet is a bit funny to me. For me it's a little "take that shark." Btw, Ebay resellers don't bother me that much. I just want people to be honest and not count their chickens before they hatch. I am also very sorry for the collectors who missed out. I was so afraid I would fall asleep or not find a link, but a lot of coffee and a little help from friends fixed everything for me. My order status says active and says something I've never seen before, "processing in warehouse." Does anyone else have that under their order history?
I have had the "processing in warehouse" comment before and always received it. Good Luck, I am sure you will be okay.

Yeah orrrrr the seller saw that these sets are selling way above $250 and is lying about not getting them. That's been my concern with this all along.

Indeed! Pre-sales on eBay are just not good in general for the reasons you brought up. 1) For highly sought items, there is no guarantee that the item will be obtained for sale, so it ends up wasting everyone's time & it can build up expectations that cannot be met; and 2) devious sellers have been known to claim not to have an item just so that they can actually sell it for higher, because the current going rate is higher than what they had pre-sold it for...

The second scenario happened to me with the DSF Tangled Valentines pin, and sure enough, a couple of days after the seller had cancelled and refunded my order, they magically had more of that sold out LE 300 pin available. By then, I had found and bought a cheaper listing for that same pin, and then I basically blew off that seller, who was trying to get me to buy theirs at the previous pre-sale price that had been cancelled on me... Ummmmm, no thanks! Once burned, twice shy!

In general, the eBay issue of certain items' pricing can be frustrating, but I have bought many items from eBay over the years that were otherwise not available to me, so it's a definite double-edged sword. As it has been said, auction bidders are just as often responsible for how high some items settle in on the secondary market.

Yeah orrrrr the seller saw that these sets are selling way above $250 and is lying about not getting them. That's been my concern with this all along.

This was my thought also. I would monitor the sellers history to see if they try to re-sell the doll more expensive now that the doll is officially sold out. I really hope this is not the case, but I would definitely keep an eye on them and report the situation if it turns out that they just wanted to re-list it.

I am glad your friend was able to get a doll though. I am pretty sure there have been cases where people are being informed, "sorry I was not able to purchase the doll", which would be totally heartbreaking. As Meawhite said, one thing is to know you have them secured, but I have always found it ludicrous the amount of people that do pre-sales on things they don't even know they will be able to get. I feel so bad for those people who are going through this right now. So sad.

I never understood why people would bid on a presell anyways. I always ask before bidding if its in hand. That sucks for those people. Feel bad for the buyers.

If the seller did that to relist them at a higher price that is just disgusting.

I never understood why people would bid on a presell anyways. I always ask before bidding if its in hand. That sucks for those people. Feel bad for the buyers.

If the seller did that to relist them at a higher price that is just disgusting.

I always imagine that the people who bid on pre-sales are not collectors themselves (not collector-savvy and researched into things) but want to buy dolls as gifts for their daughter/whoever. Unable to find anywhere to buy online (confused about release date and rush buying process etc)....they find that presale and then think 'ah, all I have to do is get that and that's debbies christmas present all sorted. Now I do not need to worry.'

And then they get ripped off, if they get the doll they paid too much, they might get refunded and recive no doll, it might be past paypal's refund deadline and they lose everything....AND NEAR CHRISTMAS TOOO :'(

Omg I get upset thinking about it. I have been majorly ripped off in my early ebay days. I understand to be suspicious now, but I used to trust everything.

Last edited:
Hmm, I am thinking it is the other way around......I think they do have the items but are re-selling them at a higher price. That is why I am very careful when I buy pre-orders off eBay. I usually never do it for dolls because I want to know which doll I'm getting and see it. You know the eBayers don't bother me either what bothers me is if they have bad customer service....they are a seller so if you want to get return customers have better customer service. There are some sellers I refuse to buy from because they treated me so badly (I have to say though I think I've only come across one). It is annoying for the prices to go so high but bidders are the ones who drive the prices not really the sellers. For instance the Alice 17" doll their is a seller who has had her listed forever for $1500. No one is willing to pay that price so there she will stay!

Anyway, but congrats to everyone you got Ariel/Eric! And for those who didn't hang in there! I'm sure one will come along and it will be a reasonable price!

A little off-topic but I had to share because I am watching Toy Story of Terror SPOILER:I think how it is really funny that the "horror" to the toys is being sold on the fictitious equivalent of eBay... Lol!

A little off-topic but I had to share because I am watching Toy Story of Terror SPOILER:I think how it is really funny that the "horror" to the toys is being sold on the fictitious equivalent of eBay... Lol!

Haha I was watching that to. Hilarious!

Congrats to everyone who got Ariel! I wanted to get her but decided I had to save up for some other things. Plus I already got the LE Ursula and Ariel dolls and managed to nab the Fairytale Snow White set so I'm not too deprived :3

I would definitely love to get her one day as well as the Belle and Jasmine sets. I'll just keep stalking eBay for something reasonable to pop up hehe.

I would love to buy some empty display cases LOL. I check ebay for them once and a awhile. Never have found one yet. I want them for other dolls or to create my own designer designs.

There's another thread somewhere that says the couples for next year will be Aurora, Cinderella, Mulan, Pocahontas, and Tiana. I'm personally excited about Mulan and Pocahontas. And the person also said there would be pins. It might not be as crazy as the first set of five but I'm still going to get them =)

Great picture! I can't get my head round to posting the pictures here myself. I keep having this problem. Think it might be my Flickr account. Anybody know how to get this sorted or can give me advice on which picture service to use which will actually work? :)

Thank you! I use Flickr too. Maybe you're just choosing the wrong code to put in? I use the BBC Code. Hope that helps! :)

Is this the wrong area for sales?? They need to go in the sales thread right? (It's just so many people are linking to auctions here) please clarify I am confused.

Can a moderator explain?

*edited*

-_-

Last edited:
Is this the wrong area for sales?? They need to go in the sales thread right? (It's just so many people are linking to auctions here) please clarify I am confused.

Can a moderator explain?

*edited*

-_-

Yes that is correct there are specific instructions on where and how to post a for sale or wanted thread. I also believe that you are not allowed to (or supposed to) post links to eBay or mention your eBay auctions on here to help boot sales. I may be wrong but you can double check through the official instructions which can be found at top of the thread list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back