• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
I always imagine that the people who bid on pre-sales are not collectors themselves (not collector-savvy and researched into things) but want to buy dolls as gifts for their daughter/whoever. Unable to find anywhere to buy online (confused about release date and rush buying process etc)....they find that presale and then think 'ah, all I have to do is get that and that's debbies christmas present all sorted. Now I do not need to worry.'

And then they get ripped off, if they get the doll they paid too much, they might get refunded and recive no doll, it might be past paypal's refund deadline and they lose everything....AND NEAR CHRISTMAS TOOO :'(

Omg I get upset thinking about it. I have been majorly ripped off in my early ebay days. I understand to be suspicious now, but I used to trust everything.
Good point. A real collector would know release dates etc and not buy into this. Feel bad for people that get duped on ebay.

Hmm, I am thinking it is the other way around......I think they do have the items but are re-selling them at a higher price. That is why I am very careful when I buy pre-orders off eBay. I usually never do it for dolls because I want to know which doll I'm getting and see it. You know the eBayers don't bother me either what bothers me is if they have bad customer service....they are a seller so if you want to get return customers have better customer service. There are some sellers I refuse to buy from because they treated me so badly (I have to say though I think I've only come across one). It is annoying for the prices to go so high but bidders are the ones who drive the prices not really the sellers. For instance the Alice 17" doll their is a seller who has had her listed forever for $1500. No one is willing to pay that price so there she will stay!

Anyway, but congrats to everyone you got Ariel/Eric! And for those who didn't hang in there! I'm sure one will come along and it will be a reasonable price!
Thats cray! I always laugh when I see dolls or stuff that are so high, and no one is buying them and the seller just keep re-listing it at the same price. There was one doll that was a little messed up, loose hair, scratches on case etc. I made an offer that was fair and the seller refused. Its been re-listed a few times now at their asking price and still no one is buying it. Its not going to sell until it comes down. Asking that much for a doll that has some defects is just crazy. Their asking price isnt bad if the doll was in mint condition but its not.

I wonder how easy it will be to get pins the second time around now that they are only being sold online, does anyone think it will be like the last time , where they sold in like 3 minutes , or will they last around 30 min or so?

I wonder how easy it will be to get pins the second time around now that they are only being sold online, does anyone think it will be like the last time , where they sold in like 3 minutes , or will they last around 30 min or so?

I think they may sell out very quickly. Hopefully DS won't have glitches like this year and the link fairies will be able to help people. That will also be the night when the entire forum site will be on the lookout for the set, so it will be pretty intense.

Eh, if I can get the pins I will be happy if not more money for dolls! They will probably also do more limited edition stuff like they did this year. Like the purse, wallet, and cosmetic bag. I will be interested to see what they do next year!

I've bought something that was a "preorder" before on ebay. And by preorder, I mean the seller had not bought the item yet but was going to the convention where it was being sold. This was a very "hot" collectible figure and I bought the preorder at twice the value because I knew I couldn't make the Con. The convention was utter chaos trying to get this according to people online. Many people walked away with out getting one, but my seller came through for me! :) On ebay this figure was selling for about 4Xs the amount I paid right after the Con. So my seller was both successful and honest (didn't cancel the sale so he could make more money). I'm just saying, if you really know you can't get something sometimes those presales on ebay will work out for you. But it is also a risk because if he didn't get one, or was dishonest, I would have had been disappointed.

I've also had to buy several limited edition dolls and pins on ebay, so I am glad for resellers to the extent that otherwise I wouldn't have gotten those dolls or pins.

I'm getting nervous about my order. It is over 36 hours and the status of my order still says:

Placed
: 10/16/2013
Order Status: Active
Sorry. We are currently unable to obtain your order status from our warehouse. The information below shows the details of your order as of 10/17/2013 12:07 and may not include recent updates. Please check again later, or contact Guest Services for assistance.

I have never noticed the last statement on an order before. Anyone else get this message?

When it comes to buying convention exclusives from scalpers, I'm totally supportive. I mean, you're actually paying them for a service. I plan to buy D23 Snow White one day because I think it's worth giving someone $450 for her. By the time I would've paid for my ticket and airfare and everything else, she would've cost me a lot more--IF I even got her considering people with sorcerer passes were allowed to bypass the people who camped outside the Disney Store pavilion all night.

On the other hand, when a scalper is taking a collectible a collector could've bought direct just to mark it up an hour later, I can't justify that.

When it comes to buying convention exclusives from scalpers, I'm totally supportive. I mean, you're actually paying them for a service. I plan to buy D23 Snow White one day because I think it's worth giving someone $450 for her. By the time I would've paid for my ticket and airfare and everything else, she would've cost me a lot more--IF I even got her considering people with sorcerer passes were allowed to bypass the people who camped outside the Disney Store pavilion all night.

On the other hand, when a scalper is taking a collectible a collector could've bought direct just to mark it up an hour later, I can't justify that.
I look at it both ways also...except this year I was one who waited in a 4 hour line to the store to have Snow sell out an hour before I got in :-( Then I ended up forking up around $300 for her on ebay...bummed me out though cause I was so close to being able to buy her for retail at the convention.

The figure I was talking about was available after the convention online too. But it lasted only 5 minutes and most people who tried were not successful. There were a lot of sad collectors. I was definitely willing to pay the person who went to the convention and got one. I knew I wasn't going to have a chance at getting it online.

Sappy, I think you did pretty good on Goldie Snow. I paid way more than that for mine. I adore her, so it was worth it, but I wish I had followed all of you all's advice about waiting. I probably could have gotten her closer to $300. I need to be more patient when I either miss a doll or can't get one because I can't be there.

It usually means they are processing you order in the warehouse and getting ready to ship.
Thanks M.A.P. I guess I am always a little worried when I don't get things immediately. Since I live in Memphis, I normally get a shipping notice within 24 hrs and the package the next day. I'm not sure what is going on with their shipping dept., as I got an email today saying my Art of Ariel Bracelet/Watch had just been shipped .... although in actuality, they shipped it and I got it 2 weeks ago. Not sure why they just now decided to send me a shipping notice (and I checked, the tracking is for the old package, not a new one). I think they have some confusion there ... whether it be systems or people related!

That's a good point, I think people need to look at it like that rather than "wow! that's so expensive, I can't believe someone would pay so much for her!" I bet if a lot of people who see the dolls on ebay wouldn't be sour to the idea of the dolls being so expensive. but yes having it marked up so high not even 24 hours after the DS release is just insane!

I'm getting nervous about my order. It is over 36 hours and the status of my order still says:

Placed
: 10/16/2013
Order Status: Active
Sorry. We are currently unable to obtain your order status from our warehouse. The information below shows the details of your order as of 10/17/2013 12:07 and may not include recent updates. Please check again later, or contact Guest Services for assistance.

I have never noticed the last statement on an order before. Anyone else get this message?
Has anyone gotten a Blast Off email yet? I think if you have not received an email saying your order was cancelled then you are probably good. I dont want to check the status of the order on the site. Too nervous. ha.

Has anyone gotten a Blast Off email yet? I think if you have not received an email saying your order was cancelled then you are probably good. I dont want to check the status of the order on the site. Too nervous. ha.

For me, an order will typically take 2-3 business days to actually move into shipment status, so as Tinkerboy said, if you have not received a cancellation e-mail, you should be good. Another indicator is if when you are looking at the online website order status, if the amount of the order is what it ought to be (so in the $140 range for a DFDC Ariel & Prince Eric), then your order should also be fine.

Well mine still says placed as the status....not active or closed but says placed. Which I have never had happen before and under the section that usually has the tracking details it just says not yet shipped which is also new to me. Anyone ever have this happen to them before? Thing is my order was placed at 12:01am so I would have thought that it would go through? Also didnt receive a cancel email from Disney Store either...

Any insight would be great as this status is new to me.

My ariel/Eric shipped today. Now if only I could get a tracking number! I used to get it right away, I'm not sure why my last few orders keep missing it...

for reference my order went through at 12:03 (not that there's any logic to the online store)

Mine still says active and no tracking is still available. I sometimes check to see if a tracking number is placed because I have had them do that even before the "blast off" email is sent, but nothing yet. My order was placed at 12:01 am.

@ Polaris, I have only had the "placed" status once and it lasted for a day or so before it changed to active. Your order should be fine, especially since it went through very early.

I can't wait to have Ariel in my hands ♥

My ariel/Eric shipped today. Now if only I could get a tracking number! I used to get it right away, I'm not sure why my last few orders keep missing it...

for reference my order went through at 12:03 (not that there's any logic to the online store)

Wow how did you get it shipped so quickly? Did you choose a faster shipping method or is that just luck of the draw? Mine still says not yet shipped...

Mine still says active and no tracking is still available. I sometimes check to see if a tracking number is placed because I have had them do that even before the "blast off" email is sent, but nothing yet. My order was placed at 12:01 am.

@ Polaris, I have only had the "placed" status once and it lasted for a day or so before it changed to active. Your order should be fine, especially since it went through very early.

I can't wait to have Ariel in my hands ♥

Thanks LittleMermaidAriel, makes me feel a little better, would be good when we finally get the blast off email which hopefully will come through tomorrow! (fingers crossed). I know I already have one but this one is for a good mate of mine who is a huge Ariel fan, her birthday is coming up in November so I have a good amount of time for it to get here but I just hope it doesnt cancel on me or anything because I am going to struggle finding something else haha.

Aw Im so excited for you guys!!!! :DDDD Im sure they'll be shipped soon and you'll have them in your hands not long from now! Like others have said if you didnt get cancel emails by now I think you're safe! Belle and Beast took a very long time to ship! Post pictures for me so I can oggle at them!

Wow how did you get it shipped so quickly? Did you choose a faster shipping method or is that just luck of the draw? Mine still says not yet shipped...

Thanks LittleMermaidAriel, makes me feel a little better, would be good when we finally get the blast off email which hopefully will come through tomorrow! (fingers crossed). I know I already have one but this one is for a good mate of mine who is a huge Ariel fan, her birthday is coming up in November so I have a good amount of time for it to get here but I just hope it doesnt cancel on me or anything because I am going to struggle finding something else haha.
Hi yes I paid for the 2 day shipping. It paid off. Just got the set. All mint condition. Plus a low number 483. My wife will love it. Now I have to hide the set to the 31st of are anniversary..

Hi yes I paid for the 2 day shipping. It paid off. Just got the set. All mint condition. Plus a low number 483. My wife will love it. Now I have to hide the set to the 31st of are anniversary..

Ahh that makes more sense then :). Haha that is awesome that you got that for your wife as a present im sure she is going to absolutely love it as it is amazing! Thanks for the info and I hope your wife and yourself have an awesome anniversary!

Ahh that makes more sense then :). Haha that is awesome that you got that for your wife as a present im sure she is going to absolutely love it as it is amazing! Thanks for the info and I hope your wife and yourself have an awesome anniversary!
Thanks. It's been a good 9 years.

Well mine still says placed as the status....not active or closed but says placed. Which I have never had happen before and under the section that usually has the tracking details it just says not yet shipped which is also new to me. Anyone ever have this happen to them before? Thing is my order was placed at 12:01am so I would have thought that it would go through? Also didnt receive a cancel email from Disney Store either...

Any insight would be great as this status is new to me.
My order says "placed" also and just this morning it said active...processing in warehouse. My order was 12:04, we have got to be okay. That's before it even went live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back