• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
I've looked at the great pictures of Ariel/Eric dolls people have posted and I'm left wondering why some people have gotten them before me? Please don't take this as negative, more like Sheldon's (Big Bang) way of thinking: I ordered the dolls at 12:02am, I am in the U.S. but won't be receiving them till Friday the 25th. From the postings that I've seen, most of the peeps over seas have gotten them already. Hmmmmmm. Are any of the U.S. collectors receiving them before Friday? I find this very interesting. :eek: But then again, I have noticed that UK Disney does ship very quickly. I had someone get me a pin on Thursday and already got it today! I know that it would take about that same amount of time to only get a blastoff email :p Anyway, I'm very excited to get my dolls but my main concern is getting them in good shape. I'm just afraid of quality since it seems that Disney is slipping a bit on that aspect. And since UPS sucks, I'm afraid they might decide to be extra mean to my package this time and really damage it :cry:

I got my set yesterday and my order was stamped at 12:03, but maybe I live closer to the shipping facility than you do?
I believe the orders in the UK opened earlier than in the US, so to me it makes sense that they would have gotten thiers already.
As far as the condition, mine arrived just fine. They were in a box that didnt allow any wiggle room so there was less chance for damage.. I did order them with other items and there was plenty of bubble things to keep everything safe. I also havent heard any complaints about damage yet so hopefully these do better than the 17" dolls

My Ariel and Eric arrived today. I really need to fix her hair; it's driving me crazy. I pulled on the tabs, heard the click but the front of the plastic case won't budge, as if it's glued down. My fingers are throbbing from trying to pull on it. Arggghh..beautiful dolls but my OCD is making me feel like I really, really need to fix her hair. Lol

Finally got it.
If anyone else is having trouble, maybe this will help. Keep holding the tab open and pull the plastic case away from the base. Easier when the dolls/case is upside down.

Last edited:
My Ariel and Eric arrived today. I really need to fix her hair; it's driving me crazy. I pulled on the tabs, heard the click but the front of the plastic case won't budge, as if it's glued down. My fingers are throbbing from trying to pull on it. Arggghh..beautiful dolls but my OCD is making me feel like I really, really need to fix her hair. Lol

Finally got it.
If anyone else is having trouble, maybe this will help. Keep holding the tab open and pull the plastic case away from the base. Easier when the dolls/case is upside down.

Yes, these cases are particularly "bad" when trying to open them for the first time. I never had to struggle with them so much before. Having the case upside down has always been the most successful way for me, too. It's almost as if the fronts of the clear plastic cases are slightly glued to the fronts of the bases with the way we have to struggle with them. The back area pops right out of the base so easily every time! It's always the front.

Well I am glad that they managed to find your set and did not lose it completely at the very least. I hope you do get it sooner rather than later though as it is way past its due date.

Thanks! This one order has really been the weirdest DS.com order that I have ever had! Now it has been updated to be delivered next Wednesday, 10/30! I am almost at the point of taking each update with a grain of salt, because it keeps changing so much! :( But at the end of the day as long as it arrives, that is all that matters.

This is a great way of seeing things. I would have smoke coming out of my ears from the frustration :soapbox:. You are very patient and understanding and you deserve kudos for that. I on the other hand......oooowweeeee. Better not to get on my bad side. I really hope to receive mine on Friday and for my temper to remain leashed since UPS can really test it :)

Thanks! This one order has really been the weirdest DS.com order that I have ever had! Now it has been updated to be delivered next Wednesday, 10/30! I am almost at the point of taking each update with a grain of salt, because it keeps changing so much! :( But at the end of the day as long as it arrives, that is all that matters.

Thanks so much ahn_dray_uh. Yes please the jasmine and Aladdin journal is the only journal that I am still missing. Just pm me if you are able to get one when you go in tomorrow to organize payment and shipping. Again thanks so much for your help!

Hi Polaris! I checked today, and sadly their all out..they only have belle and beast left. good luck finding one :)

Hi Polaris! I checked today, and sadly their all out..they only have belle and beast left. good luck finding one :)

No worries, thanks for checking for me! Really appreciate it! Im sure if I cannot find one at retail I can find one on ebay for a relatively reasonable price.

I can try checking for you at my DS tomorrow (right across from where I work). So you're looking for the Aladdin and Jasmin journal, right?

No worries, thanks for checking for me! Really appreciate it! Im sure if I cannot find one at retail I can find one on ebay for a relatively reasonable price.

I can try checking for you at my DS tomorrow (right across from where I work). So you're looking for the Aladdin and Jasmin journal, right?

Hi Munchiez11, yes please! If it is not too much trouble. That would be awesome if you could have a look and grab me one if they are available. Thanks so much for offering to help me out!

No problem! Will do so tomorrow and let you know. It's sad that I can't get on here during the daytime since I am being micromanaged at work so I'll try to contact you as soon as I can =)

Hi Munchiez11, yes please! If it is not too much trouble. That would be awesome if you could have a look and grab me one if they are available. Thanks so much for offering to help me out!

Shiva I hope you get your doll soon. I can't imagine how it must feel with everyone else getting theirs. It seems like Ariel wasn't meant to be for me. When they put her back up on the UK site I thought - it's fate! So took the plunge and got her, only to receive a mail the next day (my birthday) saying they had stock issues so my order had been cancelled :(

Finally got it.
Yeah my Belle case was wicked hard to open on the front by the name plate. I was afraid Id snap off the name plate. I found it worked better by laying it down and pushing in the piece with one hand while wiggling out the case from the top with the other hand. Luckily I have big hands so I could do it alone. Might need two people if you have small hands.

I'm back and I have great news for Polaris! I was able to get the journal!! They had two left, good thing I called ahead of time just in case. But I have the journal :)

They already have the Frozen toddler dolls and the singing Elsa which is gorgeous!!!! I was going to get her, but I am going to wait until next week. Very, very pretty. So for those who have not received the Frozen toddler dolls or the singing Elsa they should be arriving at your local store soon. :)

This is a great way of seeing things. I would have smoke coming out of my ears from the frustration :soapbox:. You are very patient and understanding and you deserve kudos for that. I on the other hand......oooowweeeee. Better not to get on my bad side. I really hope to receive mine on Friday and for my temper to remain leashed since UPS can really test it :)

:p Thanks! I have slowly learned to cope and become more patient than I used to be. I think things like full-time work and other life curve balls also help distract me from thinking too much about shipment problems as long as I know the items are on their way. I used to be super-impatient, especially with delivery services like UPS. They still make me anxious from time to time, when I am worried that no one will be home to receive the item. In the past year, I have had a few shady occurrences when the UPS delivery person claimed in the system to have stopped by, but they really did not and no InfoNotice was left behind (and someone was obviously home). Luckily, most things do turn out right in the end.

Shiva I hope you get your doll soon. I can't imagine how it must feel with everyone else getting theirs. It seems like Ariel wasn't meant to be for me. When they put her back up on the UK site I thought - it's fate! So took the plunge and got her, only to receive a mail the next day (my birthday) saying they had stock issues so my order had been cancelled :(

Thank you, cocosianelle! It just blows my mind that my doll went from Tennessee to Florida and then now to California. It's like a bad connecting flight that zig-zags all over the nation before you get to your destination!
Happy (belated?) birthday! :)
I'm sorry to hear that the UK site did the teaser thing on you. :( Perhaps someday DFDC Ariel and Eric will make their way to you!

I'm back and I have great news for Polaris! I was able to get the journal!! They had two left, good thing I called ahead of time just in case. But I have the journal :)

Oh, that is fantastic that you were able to get the journal for Polaris! I am sure he will be absolutely delighted! Great looking-out! :)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Gosh I am such a collector, I dont usually collect the journals but since I already have the other four I figured I might as well get the fifth :p LOL

I got Rapunzel from my co-op to finish my set! She's #317 and the lowest while the others are in the 4000s. @Tinkerboy: Congratulations! Ariel is gorgeous in person and I'm glad that you were able to get her!

This might be a silly question, but can someone tell me how to multiquote? I have tried multiquoting and click the button but they never come out as multiquote :(

This might be a silly question, but can someone tell me how to multiquote? I have tried multiquoting and click the button but they never come out as multiquote :(

Haha I only figured this out the other day on the bottom right corner of the persons post there is the "+ logo if you click this it will change it to a " tick which means it is selected. So you just click the ones you want to quote and then on the last one you want to quote click the " Reply with quote button and it should work. Hope that makes sense, PM if you want more details and I can send images and instructions if you like haha.

Last edited:
I got Rapunzel from my co-op to finish my set! She's #317 and the lowest while the others are in the 4000s. @Tinkerboy: Congratulations! Ariel is gorgeous in person and I'm glad that you were able to get her!

Grtaz! :D

Still being new took me a while to get it but I just check the ones I would like to quote then on the last quote I hit reply with quote and Voila! like I just did now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back