• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if anyone missed out on the mugs but my store still has plenty that I'd be happy to try and get out if you're patient with my crazy schedule.

So over two weeks after ordering it, I finally received the DFDC Ariel & Prince Eric set that I ordered that night online... The parcel went from Tennessee to Florida and then it was found out and then shipped via ground route to here in California. The worst part is that there are two shipping labels on the box, and it came with two receipts inside the shipper box: one was mine and the other was for someone in Florida... The shipper box and the smaller brown box that the dolls are packed in were unopened. What I want to know is: 1) How on Earth did something like that even leave the warehouse like that with two different order shipping labels put on one box for destinations across the country from each other; and 2) What happened to the other person's order? The receipt for the other person was for the same item: a DFDC Ariel & Prince Eric. I would have been so mad if my order ended up at someone else's house after I paid for it! Not to mention that since these are sold out items, the chances of them being able to fix a problem like that is a lot less likely other than issuing a refund. This time it worked out for me, but maybe it didn't for that other person? Bad, Bad Disney Store! :(

So over two weeks after ordering it, I finally received the DFDC Ariel & Prince Eric set that I ordered that night online... The parcel went from Tennessee to Florida and then it was found out and then shipped via ground route to here in California. The worst part is that there are two shipping labels on the box, and it came with two receipts inside the shipper box: one was mine and the other was for someone in Florida... The shipper box and the smaller brown box that the dolls are packed in were unopened. What I want to know is: 1) How on Earth did something like that even leave the warehouse like that with two different order shipping labels put on one box for destinations across the country from each other; and 2) What happened to the other person's order? The receipt for the other person was for the same item: a DFDC Ariel & Prince Eric. I would have been so mad if my order ended up at someone else's house after I paid for it! Not to mention that since these are sold out items, the chances of them being able to fix a problem like that is a lot less likely other than issuing a refund. This time it worked out for me, but maybe it didn't for that other person? Bad, Bad Disney Store! :(

Congrats on finally getting your set, that is ridiculous that Disney did that, surely it wouldnt be too hard to ensure that all the labels printed are stuck to one box only I guess it would have just been human error, they could have just stuck a label on incorrectly and fixed it hence why it had two when they should have just removed the other first which is why it got stuffed up. Im surprised that UPS rerouted the package if it originally was supposed to go to Florida if that is where the label was telling it to go? Usually they would have tried delivering it first and then if that didnt work would return it to Disney (so as I have been told by UPS is company policy....which is not always completely true). Hopefully that was just a one off event and the other person actually did get their order as well, congrats on getting her even though it did take a while! Cant wait to see some pictures!

Shiva that sounds bad! Although I'm sure it could've been worse and you may not have ended up with them at all?!

Are they in a good state considering all the miles they've clocked up?

That's a tricky situation. I really hope the person in Florida got thier dolls too. I'm sure they were calling the store up trying to figure out what has happened. It's possible their dolls got lost in the system if the tracking number only pointed to your name and thier labels were on your dolls.

Last edited:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68105287@N03/with/10199942373/. Never knew that was what Fairytale Couple Beast looked like under all the clothes. From drj1828's Flickr photostream.
Thank you for posting that. That is absolutely hilarious.

What a nightmare. Im happy you finally got your set though. I hope the person in FL got theres too.

Random question...but was the other receipt for a Rebecca F.? My packages always come through Longwood, FL so I was just curious. :)

I received my doll last week and she looks great! Obtaining this set was relatively hassle-free this year, which was fantastic. I did have to pay an arm and a leg for the Designer Fairytale pin set, but I sold a bunch of pins to purchase it, so it was *like* I spent nothing...LOL. I also love my Ariel and Eric mug and drink tea out of it all the time...I have all white Lenox dishes, and it is definitely more fun to drink tea out of a princess mug than a boring white mug! :)

And that picture of the Beast without his clothes is HILARIOUS! Now every time I look at my set I am going to imagine that image. :lol:

Happy everyone enjoyed Beast pics. I figured with so many collectors keeping dolls boxed up, most people wouldn't know what was underneath all those clothes. I sure didn't see that coming. I was actually looking at the Frozen dolls and just kept clicking through the pics till . . . Beast unwrapped.

I really like that drj1828 makes those pics available. I certainly don't unbox, so I would never have known. I also thought the pic of Ariel in Eric's arms was cute. I am still going through the photostream pics a little every day. I actually think looking at the Frozen dolls has me sold on buying a few of them. I really like the box set with sisters in their coronation outfits, but I can't justify the price at this point. Maybe if we get a good discount, I will bite.

Last edited:
Congrats on finally getting your set, that is ridiculous that Disney did that, surely it wouldnt be too hard to ensure that all the labels printed are stuck to one box only I guess it would have just been human error, they could have just stuck a label on incorrectly and fixed it hence why it had two when they should have just removed the other first which is why it got stuffed up. Im surprised that UPS rerouted the package if it originally was supposed to go to Florida if that is where the label was telling it to go? Usually they would have tried delivering it first and then if that didnt work would return it to Disney (so as I have been told by UPS is company policy....which is not always completely true). Hopefully that was just a one off event and the other person actually did get their order as well, congrats on getting her even though it did take a while! Cant wait to see some pictures!

Thank you, Polaris! :) The most curious thing about it is that both UPS shipping labels are very clearly visible on the outer shipper box... I do think that it is a bit of a miracle that this parcel did make its way over to me here in California! The "funny" thing is that my final 2 dolls ordered online at DS.com from the 2011 Dollmageddon (Designer Aurora and Designer Tiana) also had a huge shipping delay (though that was at the Tennessee warehouse), and they arrived around Halloween, too!

Shiva that sounds bad! Although I'm sure it could've been worse and you may not have ended up with them at all?!

Are they in a good state considering all the miles they've clocked up?

You are so right! It could have been a lot worse. This set is meant to be a gift, so that would have been a disaster. Nobody wants to pay eBay prices if you absolutely do not have to, and with the fast sell-out of the DFDC Ariel and Prince Eric dolls, that would have had to have been the only other option. What made this a bit easier to swallow is that I had my own set from the doll set pre-order, so that type of stress was off. I did check the state of the dolls, case, slipcover, and all. They are all in great condition. The outer-most shipper box is a little worn out from all the travel, but who cares about that so long as the product is safe. Thank goodness! :)

That's a tricky situation. I really hope the person in Florida got thier dolls too. I'm sure they were calling the store up trying to figure out what has happened. It's possible their dolls got lost in the system if the tracking number only pointed to your name and thier labels were on your dolls.

I also hope that this other customer did get their DFDC Ariel & Prince Eric! Hopefully the Disney Store did keep some stock as reserve for weird errors like this. But of course, even that reserve would run out at some point, so if they did not receive their dolls, I hope they contacted DS customer service before that reserve ran out.

I am incredibly curious as to how UPS finally figured out that this parcel was to go to me, because there were two separate and very clearly visible labels on the box with different tracking numbers/bar codes. The address of the other person is actually in Florida, so I am sure that the box was scanned and sorted in Tennessee with the other person's label.

What a nightmare. Im happy you finally got your set though. I hope the person in FL got theres too.

Thank you! :) The one down-side to online tracking is that it creates the expectation that you can actually see where it is supposed to be in almost real-time. When this order did not seem to be going anywhere for almost a week (the only status was that a shipping label was created), I was starting to get worried. Then it popped up in Florida... Maybe there was a duplicate label and package for that other person, which is what flagged UPS that something was wrong?

Random question...but was the other receipt for a Rebecca F.? My packages always come through Longwood, FL so I was just curious. :)

I received my doll last week and she looks great! Obtaining this set was relatively hassle-free this year, which was fantastic. I did have to pay an arm and a leg for the Designer Fairytale pin set, but I sold a bunch of pins to purchase it, so it was *like* I spent nothing...LOL. I also love my Ariel and Eric mug and drink tea out of it all the time...I have all white Lenox dishes, and it is definitely more fun to drink tea out of a princess mug than a boring white mug! :)

The name on the other UPS shipping label was a lady's name, but I don't think it had your name on it. :p I'll have to check when I get home. The parcel was indeed located in Longwood, FL when they redirected it to California. I totally agree that the DFDC releases were not terrible as long as you were on top of the releases. The only potentially "bad" release was the DFDC Ariel and Eric dolls, who sold out in about 15 minutes, and the online doll-set pre-order and of course the very brief online appearance of the pin set (and the consequent order cancellations)... It still had its stressful moments, though. The Designer mugs are a lot of fun to actually use! I still use my 2011 Designer Snow White mug for hot chocolate on the weekends. :)

Hi guys! I just wanted to let you guys know I'm going to sale off some of my fairytale collection so I can pay for my Frozen collection! LOL

Everything is at cost or what it at least cost me ^^

The complete set of the DFDC mugs: $60 plus shipping
D23 Snow White and Prince + bag: $375/OBO plus shipping

I already put it up in the Market Place but I wanted to post it here too ^^

Last edited:
Hi guys! I just wanted to let you guys know I'm going to sale off some of my fairytale collection so I can pay for my Frozen collection! LOL

Everything is at cost or what it at least cost me ^^

The complete set of the DFDC mugs: $60 plus shipping
Jasmine and Aladdin Doll Set + bag: $140.64 plus shipping
Snow White and Prince + bag: $140.64 plus shipping
Belle and Beast + bag: $140.64 plus shipping
D23 Snow White and Prince + bag: $375 plus shipping
DFDC LE Wallet (Has Ariel, Rapunzel and Jasmine on it): $38.70 plus shipping
DFDC LE Cosmetic Bag (Belle and Snow): $27.57 plus shipping

I already put it up in the Market Place but I wanted to post it here too ^^

PM Sent!!

I bought Ariel & Eric doll set online, but my mom bought another one for me since she didn't know I was getting it, so I ended up with 2. Anyway, when the 2nd set arrived, I noticed there was something off with Ariel's eyes. They don't come with the little white circle in her pupils! It really bothers me! It reminds me of some anime characters, when they appear like this, it means they're being Mind Controlled or in Trance, so it really causes me conflict lol. Here's a picture:

arieldollpupil_zpsd20e939c.jpg

What should I do now? I have never experienced issues with DS products before, so I'm kind of clueless of what to do now. I doubt they will replace it, as all sets must be sold out by now. It's a shame as its number is nice, it's #3223.

I bought Ariel & Eric doll set online, but my mom bought another one for me since she didn't know I was getting it, so I ended up with 2. Anyway, when the 2nd set arrived, I noticed there was something off with Ariel's eyes. They don't come with the little white circle in her pupils! It really bothers me! It reminds me of some anime characters, when they appear like this, it means they're being Mind Controlled or in Trance, so it really causes me conflict lol. Here's a picture:

arieldollpupil_zpsd20e939c.jpg

What should I do now? I have never experienced issues with DS products before, so I'm kind of clueless of what to do now. I doubt they will replace it, as all sets must be sold out by now. It's a shame as its number is nice, it's #3223.

Oh my, that is a peculiar quality control issue. It also looks like the black paint went out of the lines so to speak on one of the eyes as well? I suppose you could call guest relations, but their immediate solution is to replace the dolls if they have any available stock. They may then offer an online gift card of some amount ($5~$20 or so) if there is no stock available for an exchange or if you are adamant that you do not want to risk an exchange but that this sort of quality problem is unacceptable. At worst, they will sort of shrug their shoulders, apologize, but do nothing.

Thanks for the help Shivatopia! I'm not happy with this problem. If they can't replace it, at least I want $20 back or something, and then I will try to solve the problem by myself. I just sent them a message via the Contact Us section. Will they contact me back at the email I provided to them? As I said before, this is my first time using the Costumer Service with them, so I don't know what will come next.

I thnk to get a faster more direct response, you should call them. Usually they'll try to resolve the issue then instead of waiting almost 24 hours just to get a sorry for your issue email with no means to take care of problem.

Ok, so I have already recieved response from Disney Store. They want me to provide my phone number so I can discuss the issue with a cast member. But do you think they will contact me to my Mexican phone number? I really hope they can come up with a solution. At least they seemed interested and didn't send me the We are sorry and do nothing email.

Ok, so I have already recieved response from Disney Store. They want me to provide my phone number so I can discuss the issue with a cast member. But do you think they will contact me to my Mexican phone number? I really hope they can come up with a solution. At least they seemed interested and didn't send me the We are sorry and do nothing email.

I'd say, go ahead and give them your phone number, but also explain that you are an international customer so they might want to keep your case via electronic communication, as it is probably easier. I wish you good luck for a good resolution! :)

Last edited:
OMG I AM LATE TO FINDING THIS OUT! (this is a 2012 display) But I just found out about while googling stuff, real designer Disney dresses! Look at the Versace Cinderella one! And there is even Mulan and Rapunzel, how did I miss this? (Is this old news? If its old news please ignore me)

Dresses
http://www.hellomagazine.com/brides/201211079973/harrods-disney-princess-brides/

Jewellery
http://prosefashionblog.wordpress.com/tag/disney/

Yes, these were the holiday display windows for Harrods in London (the now infamous sellers of the £500 LE Elsa and Anna duo doll set). Each of the ten princesses (no Merida) had her own window display with a couture gown designed by some of the top fashion designers in the world. :) I think there may be a discussion thread about this buried somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back