• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
It relates to the 2013 collection, but what would be considered a good price to pay for the D23 Gold Snow White & Charming set? I'm considering picking one up and eBay prices seem to be all over the place.

Hey Shiva, I thought your OOAK was stunning. Had I been wanting an Aurora, I'd have gladly paid more for yours than an origional. I mean, yours actually reflected the concept art, made sense, and looked expensive.

I love it when these things look expensive and have all those little details.

Thanks, TinkerTigg! :) I have plans for more, but finding time for such projects is a huge difficulty.

It relates to the 2013 collection, but what would be considered a good price to pay for the D23 Gold Snow White & Charming set? I'm considering picking one up and eBay prices seem to be all over the place.

I would say that the under $400 range is good. There are several listings on eBay right now in the $350 range. Certainly, if you can find a set for less than that, I say go for it. :)

I would say around the $300-400 mark. You can generally find some around that price range which is pretty reasonable.

I would say around the $300-400 mark. You can generally find some around that price range which is pretty reasonable.

Yes that's the price range I got mine at in Sept so ur doesn't seem like much movement upwards which is good for those still wanting one:)...was the only D23 item that didn't skyrocket this year that I've seen:)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've seen a few for $300, but I wasn't sure if that was good or not. Now i just have to decide if I want to splurge on a few big items or fill in with the less expensive dolls I am missing.

I definitely agree about Belle. She is my absolute favorite princess but they never get her right when it comes to dolls. The horrid yellows they have used for her dress over the years make me shudder. Her 17 inch LE doll...ugh! I would LOVE if they made her ball gown in a light gold color like D23 Snow White. I also prefer her in her blue and white getup, it is more who she is. I would also love an LE doll of Belle in her "Something There" dress.

For LE Jasmine I personally want them to have her in her purple dress she wears when Aladdin is being introduced as future Sultan. I have always wished they marketed her more in that dress than her turquoise outfit because it feels more princessy haha. But the turquoise color and fact she she wears pants have always made her standout in the lineup. I am not too worried about LE Jasmine, if and when she is finally released. They always seem to do a good job with Jasmine dolls.

I would love to see a historical princess collection. Or a Halloween collection with the princesses dressed as their villains.

I definitely agree about Belle. She is my absolute favorite princess but they never get her right when it comes to dolls. The horrid yellows they have used for her dress over the years make me shudder. Her 17 inch LE doll...ugh! I would LOVE if they made her ball gown in a light gold color like D23 Snow White. I also prefer her in her blue and white getup, it is more who she is. I would also love an LE doll of Belle in her "Something There" dress.

Agree with everything. She looks lovely in the yellow ballgown but I remember even back then thinking that some other color would have looked better with her coloring. I like her better in her blue or pink outfit too. And it's not impossible to glam up her blue outfit. Mattel did it with 10th anniversary Belle. And they gave her a widow's peak. And a closed mouth. I really wish Disney Store would make a special limited designer whatever edition Belle doll with her widow's peak and a closed mouth. Belle never seemed like the grinny type to me, but her Disney Store dolls have been mouthbreathers from the beginning. Even her animator toddler doll is the only one with an open mouth. Yet more outgoing hyper types like Rapunzel and Anna have closed mouths, which I am glad for since I prefer closed mouth on any doll. I wonder how they determine the open vs closed mouth thing. Other more reserved characters like Snow, Cinderella, and Aurora also have open mouths. I suppose it's the preference of the sculptor, but I wish they would change it up a little. Although by 'changing it up a little' I mean closed mouths for everybody :p.

I agree with everything said about Belle, I too caved in and got the couples set as I knew I would regret it if I didn't as she is my favourite princess. It would be nice to see her done in a different dress but like a few have mentioned it would be great to step away from princesses for the next line. For me personally when I think about designer I look back at my 2011 collection as those dolls were just so different and to me sum up the designer part. I know not everyone will agree because some of the princesses weren't executed in their full potential. I just think that the designer tag was added to the DFDC for the brand to continue and sell out (as it would've even without the designer label).

Its hard to explain but for me as you see so many classic dolls made by Disney,Mattel etc I love that the 2011 line was quite a dramatic change to what we are used to seeing and I love that they are so different.

That being said I do love my DFDC and would've bought them regardless what they were called.

But yeah I think after DFDC part 2 it would be great to see a different line being tested instead of princesses.

I want a beautiful LE doll of her in the pink and burgundy outfit that she wore when having a snowball fight with the Beast. And I too prefer in her the blue dress with the apron.

I never understood why they didn't give her green dress and pink dress more love. They are both fancier than the blue one she is often in, and although they are not ball gowns I still find them princessy. How amazing would a limited edition Belle be with her in her pink dress AND with her winter cape. They could embroider it if they want it fancier, but the cape alone would make it very rich looking.

Last edited:
I never understood why they didn't give her green dress and pink dress more love. They are both fancier than the blue one she is often in, and although they are not ball gowns I still find them princessy. How amazing would a limited edition Belle be with her in her pink dress AND with her winter cape. They could embroider it if they want it fancier, but the cape alone would make it very rich looking.
Brass Key did a really beautiful porcelain doll of her in the burgundy dress with the cape. Its on my WL but hard to find.

All these reasonings are why I jumped at the Holiday Belle they made a few years ago. It had the red dress and was in that weird domed box. Even though she looked kinda Scarlet O'Hara, she is super pretty.
I do really love Belle, but I really don't like the *yellow* dress. Seriously, yellow is my least favorite color and I try to avoid it like crazy. If they made a Belle in that vintage gold color the D23 Snow White was made in, well then...OH HELL YES!!!

All these reasonings are why I jumped at the Holiday Belle they made a few years ago. It had the red dress and was in that weird domed box. Even though she looked kinda Scarlet O'Hara, she is super pretty.
I do really love Belle, but I really don't like the *yellow* dress. Seriously, yellow is my least favorite color and I try to avoid it like crazy. If they made a Belle in that vintage gold color the D23 Snow White was made in, well then...OH HELL YES!!!

Would love to see pics of that Belle!

I actually love yellow, but I always preferred to think of Belle's dress as a gold-yellow, or the yellow of her designer couples dress, and not the canary yellow she is often put in. The designer couples dress is a much better yellow.

Why is it the two main brown haired girls both have yellow dresses? Jane and Belle both have these big yellow fancy frocks.

BATB is my 2nd favourite film (Frozen has taken over my life hehe) and I agree, i'm not a huge fan of her merchandise cause of the yellow dress they ALWAYS put her in!! I wish they'd do the pink one or green one too from time to time :)! I still love BATB pins though, but I sold most of my Belle merchandise because of there was too much Yellow :lol: I love my designer doll so much though and I hope i can get the couples doll one day :(

doing another DFDC line will mean Merida will be omitted from the line again for another year in a row and she is a bona fide princess...people on the forum have stated that it is confirmed they are doing a part 2 of the line so I have conceded to the fact that we are getting DFDC part 2...I think they should really showcase other characters this year for the designer line and if they decide to go back to doing princesses again next year that is fine but at least give the princesses a break, having the same theme two years in a row will mean there is no excitement... this year there is no speculation because everyone is just expecting DFDC 2.

I agree. Half the fun was in wondering what the New line was going to be. I am still a little surprised they jumped back to Princesses so quickly. Having another DFDC line leaves out Merida, And Elsa. If they did include Anna, that means one of the other Princesses is left out. I also agree with people that all the more popular Princesses were released in DFDC series 1 and should have been spread out more if they intended on a series 2. Since the first ever series in 2011 was such a huge hit, Disney had to know people would want the remaining 5 Princess couples for a DFCD line, even if there was really no telling how well this line would sell - it was a good assumption the line would do well based on 2011. If it was too big of a gamble to make Princesses again, I don't think they would have done DFDC already. So now, It'd be silly on their part not to Give the people what they are asking for with the final 5 couples - it just depends what they planned on. People have been asking for other characters now too and I hope they can continue the 2011 and 2012 look using different characters. Tinker Bell is one character people initially wanted to see, along with Maleficent who was made. I think there's potential for another 10 doll line, maybe released in this order:
1. Anna
2. Sgt. Calhoun
3. Sally
4. Megara
5. Tinker Bell
6. Jessica
7. Esmeralda
8. Alice
9. Merida
10. Elsa

I agree. Half the fun was in wondering what the New line was going to be. I am still a little surprised they jumped back to Princesses so quickly. Having another DFDC line leaves out Merida, And Elsa. If they did include Anna, that means one of the other Princesses is left out. I also agree with people that all the more popular Princesses were released in DFDC series 1 and should have been spread out more if they intended on a series 2. Since the first ever series in 2011 was such a huge hit, Disney had to know people would want the remaining 5 Princess couples for a DFCD line, even if there was really no telling how well this line would sell - it was a good assumption the line would do well based on 2011. If it was too big of a gamble to make Princesses again, I don't think they would have done DFDC already. So now, It'd be silly on their part not to Give the people what they are asking for with the final 5 couples - it just depends what they planned on. People have been asking for other characters now too and I hope they can continue the 2011 and 2012 look using different characters. Tinker Bell is one character people initially wanted to see, along with Maleficent who was made. I think there's potential for another 10 doll line, maybe released in this order:
1. Anna
2. Sgt. Calhoun
3. Sally
4. Megara
5. Tinker Bell
6. Jessica
7. Esmeralda
8. Alice
9. Merida
10. Elsa

I definitely agree with you there, I keep forgetting about Calhoun, she was a great character so it would be interesting to see her glammed up for designer. I also wish that they would use new characters and really vamp them up to give them that designer look. I have said it time and time again lets face it whilst the DFDC line what great there was nothing about them that screamed designer, they all looked like their characters would except for Snow and Belle and the Princes really just looked like giant props for the girls. Usually I would love for the dolls to look like the characters but not for the designer line, the designer line was supposed to show case the characters in a different light, one where they look runway ready.

The DFDC set honestly just looked like the 17" LE doll shrunk down to designer size which really was a shame. The way I see it the LE dolls are made to look like the characters in doll form but the Designer line was made to be a concept look based on loved Disney characters.

The characters I most want to see for new Designer lines are Elsa, Sally, Kida, Vanellope, and Vanessa. I'd be broke if they made all of these, but sooooo happy. I know I've mentioned it before, but I really want a Designer Sally and Jack set. It could be a wedding one or not. I just think they have great potential for a Designer set.

Im going to keep my fingers crossed for a Tink doll. Maybe since they did her in DAC this year, we can get a Designer doll of her?

Id love to see them do a Designer line with some of the female characters that are not really part of the princess line. It'll be interesting to see where they take it all this year.

I definitely agree with you there, I keep forgetting about Calhoun, she was a great character so it would be interesting to see her glammed up for designer. I also wish that they would use new characters and really vamp them up to give them that designer look. I have said it time and time again lets face it whilst the DFDC line what great there was nothing about them that screamed designer, they all looked like their characters would except for Snow and Belle and the Princes really just looked like giant props for the girls. Usually I would love for the dolls to look like the characters but not for the designer line, the designer line was supposed to show case the characters in a different light, one where they look runway ready.

The DFDC set honestly just looked like the 17" LE doll shrunk down to designer size which really was a shame. The way I see it the LE dolls are made to look like the characters in doll form but the Designer line was made to be a concept look based on loved Disney characters.

I totally agree with your distinction between the DFDC and original designer lines. I think they should have called it the "fairytale line" or something really, considering all the dolls wore dresses based on their original movie clothing. I guess they just wanted to keep the brand name since it was so successful. I do appreciate the cases as it makes the dolls nice for display if you don't plan on deboxing.

Maybe they can finish off the DFDC line, and then use the hype of expo the following year to do characters like Merida, Elsa and Anna in the vein of the original designer line.

I would love to have one of Aurora with Philip and Cinderella with Charming. Particularly Cinderella as the Cinderella movie is my favorite Disney movie. My favorite princess, however, is Mulan, so if they honestly made one of her with Shang (I swear no merchandise is ever made for the poor girl), I would buy her above all the others.

Id love to see a designer Elsa and Esmerelda... those would be gorgeous.

But I am still most up for more designer villains! Being a big ol' villain fan. I want to see a Hades, a Hook and a Scar - but I dont know how they'd manage a lion!!!
Maybe a Frolo...

Talking of villains and this is slightly off topic, but does anyone actually know of any 'interesting' SCAR merchandise? It is so hard to find anything that isnt a soft toy or a pin.

Found this while browsing A Frozen Fan Blog on tumblr. If I could hazard a guess on a designer look for Elsa, this would be front runner.

tumblr_myfrhblTdD1sc1yx7o1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back