• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
What would you guys do if they made a designer Robin Hood and Maid Marian? I THINK I'D DIE! PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN DISNEY!!

If they are being leaked this early, its probably because the new Tinkerbell movie "The Pirate Fairy" comes out in April. Disney is treating that one with a bit more care because it has higher production values and its the first film to finally start getting into the Peter Pan story what with us meeting a young Captain Hook and the baby crocodile and all. I am a bit surprised we are getting fairy Designer Dolls, but Tinkerbell does look cute. I was hoping for a continuation of the Disney Fairy tale line but aw well. I may pick up Tinkerbell and focus the rest of my money on the Sleeping Beauty dolls.

If its real, I am excited about them. And hoping that they won't be hard to get because I can't see them being as popular as the princesses. I want one of Fawn most of all.

I can't see most of the fairies being too popular besides Tink. I know a bunch of us like them, but for most people I don't think they'll be too desired.

Unless they decide to do fairies from other movies.

I can't see most of the fairies being too popular besides Tink. I know a bunch of us like them, but for most people I don't think they'll be too desired.

I definitely agree. The other girls just don't sell well. The only popular ones are Tink and Periwinkle. I wonder if Disney expects Zarina to be as equally popular as those two.

I think Tink may be the only one that sells out really fast. If I get any in the collection, it will be her seeing I am a huge Peter Pan fan. But yes it really is an odd choice to do the fairies. I was hoping for more Villains or a continuation of the Fairy tale collection.

I feel like Disney listen to us! We wanted Princess's and we got them, we wanted villains and got those! And then people wanted Princes and we got the most popular Princes, and people wanted fairies so we got them;). I'm only interested in Tinks though.

The Disney Fairies aren't really my cup of tea, but I'm glad for those who wanted these. This release gives me hope for future releases. I think Disney is headed in the right direction. Hopefully this means a Designer Heroines line isn't too far off.

I really, really don't think this will be the only designer collection released this year. Some people have confirmed the continuation of the line of the princesses in the fall. At my DS the managers told us it was a sure deal. Even if some cast members had not given their confidence in the 2nd part of the fairytale collection, I really doubt Disney will skip them as that is their biggest seller. I think the fairies designer line is merely a bonus and a missed opportunity that was not taken last year when they re-released Peter Pan. So for those who are upset about not getting the other princesses, cheer up, I really think we will be seeing them :)

I agree. I think this will be a small run. Honestly I can see it just being Tinkerbell, Zarina, and potentially Periwinkle and that's it. I don't think the others will sell well either, they will be put on clearance.

This came as a complete shock to me. I hadn't heard a thing about them! I literally could not believe it when I saw the image today! Lol.

I also agree that I think they will still complete the Couples line in the summer. And, if this Fairy line does well, they can add to it gradually over time (every time a new character is introduced in a new Fairy film).

I see where they are going with this and it sounds expensive! haha

I sure do hope the couples line is completed this summer. Still I do really like the way Tinkerbell looks! I will for sure try to pick her up. This is the first year im really getting back into collecting Disney stuff and its nice to see so many beautiful and awesome limited edition stuff like this coming out.

Found this while browsing A Frozen Fan Blog on tumblr. If I could hazard a guess on a designer look for Elsa, this would be front runner.

tumblr_myfrhblTdD1sc1yx7o1_500.jpg
Not a fan of those ruffles, but I would still buy her.

My speculations:

2014 will continue the Designer Fairytale Couples. I think they will complete it with the remaining five princesses from the original 10 with their man cakes:

-Cinderella and Charming
-Aurora and Phillip
-Pocahontas and Johnny Boy
-Mulan and Shang
-Tiana and Naveen

I don't think Anna and Kristoff will be included because they are "too new," and excluding only one or two of the old princesses would be very odd and annoying to me. I don't know when Anna and Elsa are being crowned as official princesses but it probably won't be until Summer (that seems to be the time to do it), and it would be too short of notice for them to be in the doll line. Just my personal opinion.

2015 I think will be heroines as well. I hypothesize the line up to be a smaller one, and consist of:

-Merida
-Anna
-Elsa
-Megara
-Esmeralda

and either Kida or Jane (but these are stretches IMO).

I think they will certainly capitalize on their three newest princesses, but leave out the couples aspect for Anna, simply because I don't think he is going to be well enough known yet. And, I think it would be cooler if they ran with the sister theme and let them just be together (Anna and Elsa), with no dudes. Merida is an obvious must. And I pick Megara and Esmeralda because their films are more widely known/well-recepted I think than Atlantis (for certain), and Tarzan is a weird one (like, everyone knows it, but they don't remember everything about it).

If they are ever to make Designer Alice, Vanellope, Wendy, etc, I think it would have to be in a "Storybook Children" line or something like that (instead of Fairytale Couples...just keep changing the name around). I don't see them using the words Fairytale or Designer with children really, but I assume it will be something of that nature. They would have to be in a line of their own, although I just simply don't see it happening.

Just my thoughts! I've though about the upcoming lines a lot, and studying Disney's merchandizing history, this seems to be the conclusion I've reached.

I like your thoughts for 2015. It bothers me how little representation Esmeralda and Meg have...

Looks like those Designer Fairies are official, and speculated to be out around April from what the comments are saying? I also think there might be another Designer Collection in the fall still, but two collections in one year - no one expected that!

I actually don't think they will continue the fairytale line, the whole point was to give us Princes and we have all the popular ones, apart from Aurora/Phillip and Maybe Cinderella(her prince isn't popular). I really think if they planned on doing 2 parts then they wouldn't have put all the popular princess's in the first collection but who knows with disney.
I think seeing as we are getting fairies now I bet next year will be heroines!

I actually don't think they will continue the fairytale line, the whole point was to give us Princes and we have all the popular ones, apart from Aurora/Phillip and Maybe Cinderella(her prince isn't popular). I really think if they planned on doing 2 parts then they wouldn't have put all the popular princess's in the first collection but who knows with disney.
I think seeing as we are getting fairies now I bet next year will be heroines!

But I wouldn't call Snow's prince popular either. I'd find it strange if they didn't do DFTC Aurora at least given the big sleeping beauty push this year.

I think they will continue the line because while the more popular princesses were released in the first wave, DS knows how badly people want the continuation of the other princesses and we still have Aurora and Cinderella who are part of the classic Disney Princesses. While the argument of some has been that the other remaining 3 are not as popular many people are still looking forward to them and who knows if they decide to add Anna to the mix. We never really know with Disney, they are always full of surprises. I want them to continue the line especially for Aurora, I am one of the ones hoping to see them, but it really seems like a really big missed opportunity for Disney to make money if they don't release the other dolls, they know they will sell. Also, we are getting the re-release of Sleeping Beauty in the fall and I think they will want to profit from the hype the release will have. Making an Aurora doll as part of the continued line will only add to their success and will give extra hype to the rest of the dolls in the line.

Cannot wait to see what they have in store for us! I also agree with the heroines line, it is long over due! But with this surprise line of the fairies, it really does make the heroines line more of a possibility and less than a dream :)

I was completely surprised by that Tink picture today. I hadn't heard anything about the line at work. Hopefully we'll get them in Friday. Can't wait to see Tink and Zarina in person.
And I hope people realize that this won't be the only designer line this year. Our stores are already getting these designer fairy dolls, or at least the display ones, which means they'll be released within the next few months. Most likely around the release of The Pirate Fairy. The Designer Series or limited edition dolls in general have become hugely popular among guests, even those who don't normally collect. So now they decided on adding another line of designer dolls earlier this year since they will probably do pretty well. Depending on which fairies they release. So expect another line later this fall, either a continuation of Designer Fairytale or something completely new. My guess will be Designer Fairytale though.

But I wouldn't call Snow's prince popular either. I'd find it strange if they didn't do DFTC Aurora at least given the big sleeping beauty push this year.

No I wouldn't call him popular, but the 3 classic princes are very similar and I'm guessing they just went went with him because he's the first. The first set seems to be the 3 most popular princes/princess and then one ethnic couple and Aladdin is a popular male character and then one of the classic princess/princess's. I just don't see why they would leave the least popular couples for a second set lol but I'm disappointed if we don't get Aurora.

I don't collect the designer series anymore just the LE 17inch dolls but I am loving Tinkerbell.

Also if Disney think the rest of the fairies and this new pirate fairy from a direct to dvd film are popular enough for a designer series them theirs no reason they can't do Meg,Wendy etc because they are more well known and the fairies.

Last edited:
I am expecting a continuation of the Fairy tale line. This is a extra/special line of sorts to hold us over :D. I don't think we will get a whole set of fairies either. But if we do it will still be pretty cool. I have posted so much on the forums today, but I cant get over how beautiful Tink looks! She gets more and more beautiful the more I look at her! I have to have her now.

So just to let you guys know that the Designer Fairies line is not the "Designer" line for the year mainly because of several reasons:
1) The release of the fairies line is way too early as the designer line generally comes out around Aug-Oct with details being announced around late July.
2) There are only two dolls in this line which is significantly less than the normal number of dolls
3) They are only $60 (plus tax) each which seems silly for Disney to do especially since I would have thought that they would have preferred to release more dolls for more money rather than fewer dolls for less money.
4) These dolls are clearly being released as part of the release of the upcoming Tinker Bell straight to bluray movie whereas all the previous designer lines were released during the so-called "doll season" with information being released at least a month before hand explaining how the dolls were going to be released and a whole line of designer merchandise being developed for the release as well.

The way I see it is that these dolls are being released to promote the upcoming Tinker Bell movie, the reason why they were released as designers is because of the size of the fairies the designer look would be more appropriate for them rather than the LE look, also it meant that these dolls would cost less to sell and therefore make them more appealing to collectors or buyers so it is more of a safer option for Disney. Especially since the Disney fairies line is not as popular as the princesses and could just be a reflection of Disney learning from the Villains mistake back in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back