• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
I would get Aurora, looking at your sig it looks like you like her and collect Aurora things wereas you said you don't collect Mulan. Also I think if you change your mind Aurora will be more expensive on the secondary market than Mulan. But both dolls are stunning! Aurora and Mulan are my favourite from this set. But I don't collect Mulan so skipping her.
I do collect Aurora things, my biggest collection is actually Sleeping Beauty (I just adore the movie). I really like Aurora but I'm still not that thrilled with Phillip. I will probably get Aurora/Phillip since my fear is that they will be more expensive on the secondary market. I'm guessing Mulan will remain around her retail price like Jasmine/Aladdin did from last season.

Was anyone else who ordered the entire set charged for their order today? They usually only put a charge through when they ship, so I wasn't expecting to see it until the end of next month. I wonder if they are shipping early. Thank goodness I happened to have the money in my account... I would have been devastated if it hadn't gone through and my order had been canceled.

Was anyone else who ordered the entire set charged for their order today? They usually only put a charge through when they ship, so I wasn't expecting to see it until the end of next month. I wonder if they are shipping early. Thank goodness I happened to have the money in my account... I would have been devastated if it hadn't gone through and my order had been canceled.

I was charged and I was not expecting it whatsoever. It happened to a lot of people on Facebook as well, some orders were cancelled because people didn't think they needed the money in their account yet. :( When people called Disney to ask they said the dolls were still shipping at the end of the month so I am confused why we were charged now.

It's always so nice to see the lovely pictures that are taken when these come out!

I was very shocked that my store only received 14 sets as opposed to the usual 24 when there is an edition of 6,000. I was a bit bummed, but I was able to get mine in store nonetheless. I'm wondering if this means that there's a larger amount being allotted to the online sales. (Sorry if someone mentioned this already - I've not been on the past few days and I won't deny that I'm too lazy to re-read all the posts)

I'm not confident about getting them all in stores now that the number my store receives has dropped by almost half. Online chances aren't bad though usually, so we'll see how it goes. I can't wait for Pocahontas - she's just gorgeous *_*

I was charged and I was not expecting it whatsoever. It happened to a lot of people on Facebook as well, some orders were cancelled because people didn't think they needed the money in their account yet. :( When people called Disney to ask they said the dolls were still shipping at the end of the month so I am confused why we were charged now.

It is just another hold put on the card by Disney it is not another charge, like I said Disney will put holds on your cards on regular intervals to ensure that the funds are ready prior to processing the order. The dolls will not be shipped until the end of the month but Disney will continue to put holds (and release them) until then.

Also people's orders will not be cancelled, this statement is false (people are probably just flipping out) Disney emails people to tell them that the charge did not go through. They specifically stipulate that you have 10 days to contact them to provide them with an alternative payment method. Should they not hear from you within 10 days they will assume you are no longer interested and will cancel the order.

Have others gotten an e-mail from Disney saying their doll set have been shipped?
I feel slightly confused, since it's so early and only Tiana have been released.

Has there been any word yet on if Cinderella will be wearing glass slippers with her outfit? I was disappointed when I saw that Tiana was in green flats. You would think for the price of these dolls and them supposed to be designer dolls, their shoes would be a bit more interesting. Thanks for the help!

I still can't track my dolls, neither have money been withdrawn - getting a little nervous here :(
I better contact Disney later (after the 48 hours has passed as the e-mail says) to ask them about it.

I still can't track my dolls, neither have money been withdrawn - getting a little nervous here :(
I better contact Disney later (after the 48 hours has passed as the e-mail says) to ask them about it.

I'm getting nervous because it seems everyone has received emails saying their doll sets have shipped. I had an authorization put on my card, but still haven't a tracking number at all. I just wish the DS was consistent in the way they handled things -- it's very confusing.

I'm getting nervous because it seems everyone has received emails saying their doll sets have shipped. I had an authorization put on my card, but still haven't a tracking number at all. I just wish the DS was consistent in the way they handled things -- it's very confusing.
I remember my Anna and Elsa being shipped a good while after some people started getting their shipping confirmations.

I contacted Disney today, since obviously the UPS number I have is not right. Not even a label have been created. I just get the "We can't locate your shipment - check if your information is correct" and it's been 2 days now.

Ahh… everything with these dolls are stressing. Both the buying part is stressing and the shipping part.

I had the charge put on my card as well, but like you I haven't gotten a tracking number or anything. Maybe the authorization for ours is still going through? My bank can take up to a week to fully process charges sometimes.

I'm just worried that they are going to wait too long and put a second authorization through before the first one drops off. If they do that, it will look like I don't have sufficient credit in my card even though I do. They've done that before with items I've ordered - but the dolls cost so much I can't handle two $700 charges on my card at once. I wish I knew what was going on here. STRESS! :|

My dolls finally showed up on the tracker. 24lbs - so they seem to be all there.
Why must we all go through these stressfull times every time.

Oh no, is that something I need to be worried about? I definitely don't have enough for a second charge.

I'm hoping it won't happen, but they have done that to me before with a vinylmation set I ordered. And that was for over $200. They put the authorization through and then waited forever to ship for some reason and then put another charge through when they did ship. I had both authorizations on my card at the same time and had to call and ask them to remove it because it was holding up my funds. If they pull some kind of stunt like this on the dolls, it will look like I don't have sufficient funds.

However, some people on Facebook are saying that the sets that got tracking and were being shipped are now being 'returned' to the Disney Store because it was a mistake to send them out. If that is the case, then we probably won't be charged again as they must have caught the mistake before issuing all the tracking numbers. So hopefully they will just send our dolls out when they were supposed to at the end of October.

Ugh, who knows, really, I can't figure out the how or why of how Disney does anything anymore!

Last edited:
Yep, my order finally updated the tracking but went right to yellow "return to sender". It says "The sender requested a delivery change for this package/The package will be returned to the sender". I do not mind cost wise as I'm fine for that though I definitely prefer to pay for the set at the end of October (especially with THREE new Sleeping Beauty dolls to buy, sigh) BUT I'm kind of annoyed Disney made this kind of fudge up. Does that mean all the boxes were hauled out of the warehouse and onto UPS trucks and battered around and now they will be again when they're sent out for reals in a month? What if some sets go missing in the transfer back to the Disney Store warehouse? Eh, I'll try not to worry about it in the mean time but this had better not affect our orders when it's time for them to actually ship out.

And honestly, this being Disney's mistake they should have just let the packages go on to their destinations. I don't see the point in holding the sets until the final doll is released in the first place because what if some of the set dolls arrive damaged? The way they run their company sometimes :dunno:

What is up with the Disney Store these days? They seems to have so many problems when it comes to releasing big ticket limited edition items on their website. Every company makes mistakes, especially companies as big as Disney, but it really makes me wonder how these things happen sometimes. Anyways, I hope they fix this issue several people are having and I hope they don't somehow make it worse. That is an awful lot of money to screw around with.

Indeed. My only wish is that they could write updated software for their sale's system to act in the way it does on Ticketmaster's site. Once an item is in your bag you have five minutes to check out and it cannot be stolen from you. If you run out of time it's your own fault but at least once you see it in your bag and begin the checkout process you can calm down!

...until it comes time for shipping and this happens ha ha ha...

Indeed. My only wish is that they could write updated software for their sale's system to act in the way it does on Ticketmaster's site. Once an item is in your bag you have five minutes to check out and it cannot be stolen from you. If you run out of time it's your own fault but at least once you see it in your bag and begin the checkout process you can calm down!

...until it comes time for shipping and this happens ha ha ha...

That would be pretty great! I have had several items in the past sell out while they were in my cart and I was checking out. Its really annoying especially seeing the site basically teases you by letting you get to check out only to immediately say "TROLOLOLOLOL SOLD OUT". But yeah they would still probably screw up when it comes shipping time lol.

Last edited:
I got my Pocahontas & John Smith couple ! I am thrilled !
It was not one of my favourite this year, but I totally love Pocahontas ( I am not that fond of the character of John Smith).
P1090540_zps3e69fd50.jpg

P1090549_zps90eed0be.jpg

P1090563_zps2b3a2863.jpg

P1090581_zps3971d103.jpg

I really like her braids I didn't notice since I deboxed the couple.

P1090596_zps7e072394.jpg

You can see more of them on my flickr >> https://www.flickr.com/photos/120857678@N03/sets/72157648195881922/
Today, I thought that when all the couple will be released, I am really gone to miss my weekly release >_< (but my purse will appreciate XD).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back