• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look gorgeous! Again, much better than stock photos, at least in my opinion. And they are perfect for outdoor pictures!
I got my Pocahontas & John Smith couple ! I am thrilled !
It was not one of my favourite this year, but I totally love Pocahontas ( I am not that fond of the character of John Smith).
P1090540_zps3e69fd50.jpg

P1090549_zps90eed0be.jpg

P1090563_zps2b3a2863.jpg

P1090581_zps3971d103.jpg

I really like her braids I didn't notice since I deboxed the couple.

P1090596_zps7e072394.jpg

You can see more of them on my flickr >> https://www.flickr.com/photos/120857678@N03/sets/72157648195881922/
Today, I thought that when all the couple will be released, I am really gone to miss my weekly release >_< (but my purse will appreciate XD).

Yeah, I had no trouble getting my set. I brought 3 friends and all 4 of us got called--but I was called first! HA! It seemed like everyone only brought groups to increase their chances; no doubling up on sets. Pocahontas is my 3rd fave from this run, so I'm happy to have her.

Next week will be tiring with getting up so early for the SB dolls and then the Cinderella set. But soon we'll all have our dolls for the holiday season <3

My store had 20 Pocahontas dolls (same as Tiana). It seemed like there were about 20 or so people there so hopefully everyone that wanted a set got one.

I was called first...my sister was called first last time for Tiana so we are doing well so far! :)

The first doll I looked at had slightly messed up hair in the front, and one of the feathers hanging from her belt fell off and was sliding around the floor of the case, so I asked to see another one and it was perfect.

Good luck to everyone trying online tonight! If the release is anything like Tiana (which I suspect it will be) there should be no problems. :)

Barely got my Pocahontas set today - there were more people than dolls and I was one of the last ones called. Felt like barfing the whole time, ugh.

PocahontasampJohnSmith2_zps9084bc31.png

Very happy with how my set looks though - absolutely enthralled with how lovely she is!

The sets look lovely so far. :) everyone is right when they say the stock pictures do not do them justice.

tempted to get a journal or mug - Aurora's outfit in the artwork especially is one of the best in years for me.

Thank you for the link! Pocahontas is ordered and is now “just around the river bend” from arriving...

Why is it so easy to get Pocahontas & John Smith while the heirloom dolls are sold out within minutes?
I thought a lot about the fairytale dolls - Will i buy them or not? Since they are so expensive I decided not to buy them. But then i saw that Pocahontas was still available and she was sooo beautiful... in my opinion the dolllll itself looks better than the sketches! And guess what, i bought her... :S

Why is it so easy to get Pocahontas & John Smith while the heirloom dolls are sold out within minutes?
I thought a lot about the fairytale dolls - Will i buy them or not? Since they are so expensive I decided not to buy them. But then i saw that Pocahontas was still available and she was sooo beautiful... in my opinion the dolllll itself looks better than the sketches! And guess what, i bought her... :S

Here's why....
2 reasons:

1. Either people are so shocked by the big release next week that they're saving up they're money to get all the ones next week.
2. Scalpers know that these dolls will barely sell above face value, so why should they bother wasting their money with this set?

I mean, for crying out loud, it was busier last week with Tiana. This is weird...

So, I just have a vent a little. I received the tracking number for my pre-order, then the delivery change, yet my dolls continued to ship. They made it as far as a few towns over from me in MA before being returned back to the sender TODAY. Now, the dolls need to travel all the way back to TN! I am so worried now that they will be damaged because I have yet to receive an undamaged box from Disneystore.com. Yes, everyone of my boxes from here have been bashed and destroyed. Not kidding one bit. Usually I do not complain because I de-box everything so as long as the product inside is fine, I don't care how destroyed the packaging is. Which by the way, it is usually crushed and dented. But now I am super worried because now my dolls have to make two more full trips, as a three box shipment, and I have to hope they don't get destroyed or lost in the process.

Top it all off, Disney said they would credit my card and then bill again once the dolls ship. Surprise, still no credit on my card after almost a week. I know these things can take up to 10 days sometimes so that leaves very little time for them to issue the credit and re-bill if they are waiting for the return of the dolls before issuing the credit. I guess it is good thing I am keeping that card available, but it is still so aggravating.

I am not a mathematician, but based on shipping speeds, and what not, this seems so pointless. The dolls will probably arrive back in TN, assuming no holdups at UPS (yeah right), by what? mid to late next week or later? Then get processed by Disney's group and shipped back out by the 22nd? This assumes that they even get back to Disney in one piece! I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I just do not see this one going smoothly at all or expect to realistically see my dolls before Thanksgiving. This was my first limited edition doll purchase. What a great impression to leave on a new customer!

Sorry to rant, but I just had to vent my frustration at this whole process. I think I will stick to collecting Barbies; Disney is just way to stressful. Love seeing all your doll pictures. It might be the closest I get for a while. Bad Disney. :(

So, I just have a vent a little. I received the tracking number for my pre-order, then the delivery change, yet my dolls continued to ship. They made it as far as a few towns over from me in MA before being returned back to the sender TODAY. Now, the dolls need to travel all the way back to TN! I am so worried now that they will be damaged because I have yet to receive an undamaged box from Disneystore.com. Yes, everyone of my boxes from here have been bashed and destroyed. Not kidding one bit. Usually I do not complain because I de-box everything so as long as the product inside is fine, I don't care how destroyed the packaging is. Which by the way, it is usually crushed and dented. But now I am super worried because now my dolls have to make two more full trips, as a three box shipment, and I have to hope they don't get destroyed or lost in the process.

Top it all off, Disney said they would credit my card and then bill again once the dolls ship. Surprise, still no credit on my card after almost a week. I know these things can take up to 10 days sometimes so that leaves very little time for them to issue the credit and re-bill if they are waiting for the return of the dolls before issuing the credit. I guess it is good thing I am keeping that card available, but it is still so aggravating.

I am not a mathematician, but based on shipping speeds, and what not, this seems so pointless. The dolls will probably arrive back in TN, assuming no holdups at UPS (yeah right), by what? mid to late next week or later? Then get processed by Disney's group and shipped back out by the 22nd? This assumes that they even get back to Disney in one piece! I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I just do not see this one going smoothly at all or expect to realistically see my dolls before Thanksgiving. This was my first limited edition doll purchase. What a great impression to leave on a new customer!

Sorry to rant, but I just had to vent my frustration at this whole process. I think I will stick to collecting Barbies; Disney is just way to stressful. Love seeing all your doll pictures. It might be the closest I get for a while. Bad Disney. :(
I think a lot of people are a bit frustrated about this Disney screw up.
How can they even mix things up so bad? When they shipped the set, only Tiana had been released, what made them ship entire sets before realizing their mistakes?
I was just glad to see that my order was once again active today (since it got closed when they shipped), my dolls are set to be returned to disney on Monday apparently.
Unfortunately Disney has a thing with making lots of mistakes - at least when it comes to my personal experience, so we all have to be on our toes often with these limited edition releases.

Isn't it possible, that they didn't actually travel phisically but only per computer? I mean that only the information was updated due to some mistake and they weren't actually shipped at all? If I remember correctly, Milayas Frozen dolls jumped back to the USA according to the tracking. But agaiin, I don't have any experience with Disney and shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back