• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
Isn't it possible, that they didn't actually travel phisically but only per computer? I mean that only the information was updated due to some mistake and they weren't actually shipped at all? If I remember correctly, Milayas Frozen dolls jumped back to the USA according to the tracking. But agaiin, I don't have any experience with Disney and shipping.
I think they were shipped since the tracking was regularly updated until disney requested its' return and it followed the same steps back to Memphis and now it seems to await to be delivered to disney.
But, guess nobody knows what's going on - not even cast members.
I don't really care much though, since I won't get to see my dolls before december anyway. Everything is just a bit messy.

Minibell, I hate to say it, but this is Disney doll collecting. It is not for the faint of heart. Every release causes my blood pressure to skyrocket. My Snow Queen Elsa was damaged by UPS. Lucky it was not worse and grateful I own her at retail. My Ariel was shipped to Arlington, VA. Yeah, I don't live there and never have. That one worked out, and she arrived late but in good condition. Another limited ed doll set, Merida/Elinor, never shipped at all, even though I preordered. Luckily, they were still in stock and a CM expedited that shipment.

Just stay on top of things when collecting Disney. Don't be afraid to call customer service when things don't seem right. If I had never called over Ariel, Disney may not have ever bothered to make right on that.

As well, some people on here get their panties in twist when people vent. Be aware that might happen and ignore them if it does. This is a doll forum, and if we cannot vent to each other, who can we vent to out there? When Disney ships, it is not a magical experience. :anxious: Good luck on your preorder. Hope it makes it to you safely when it is reshipped.

I also preordered, but I never received blast off e-mail. Because I live in VA, I always seem to get my dolls shipped after everyone else and never get dolls until a week after everyone else received theirs, even though I am in a state that is connected to TN! People in CA get their dolls before I do. Go figure! :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks Sheldoal; it sounds like you weathered a number of these anxieties in the past. Good, and comforting, to know that it usually works out. I tried venting to family and friends, but they just don't get the whole doll collecting thing in the first place. Thanks for the heads-up on the forum. Anyway, unless Disney releases a designer Merida, Elsa, Anna, or another Rapunzel, then this might be the last time I will deal with the stress. Just my luck, they will be in the 2015 release. LOL. I guess I better toughen up. It's all good.

Luckily, my pre-order set wasn't shipped accidentally like some others, but I completely understand your frustration. I pre-ordered the set because I didn't want to have to try every week for a doll, but I HATE ordering anything online from the Disney Store -- everything I have ever received from the online store has arrived damaged and the boxes always look like they've been through a trash compactor. I've ordered many other things online and they don't arrive like that, so it's not just UPS. Disney uses very cheap boxes that are barely taped together, and they don't pack carefully.

For other doll releases, I've gone to the Disney Store in person to avoid these problems but unfortunately couldn't do that with the preorder. I just wish they would have shipped the preorders out in the beginning so if they arrive damaged we can get replacements. Also, if we preordered and spent all that money for the whole set, why shouldn't we get them first? I totally understand that they don't want to send out dolls before their "official" release but that should have been part of the incentive to get you to preorder, in my opinion.

I have been so afraid of what I am going to receive at the end of the month. And of course, at that point, every doll will be sold out and we'll be stuck with whatever we get. I'm wondering if I made a mistake with the preorder and should have just sucked it up and gone to the store every week. I would try to get seconds of my two favorites (Cinderella and Aurora) just as a back up, if I could afford it. But that's not happening with the surprise Sleeping Beauty releases.

(Sorry, hope I'm not stressing other people out with this. This is just my own nervous vent!)

Last edited:
I think what happened is that they assumed that the pre-orders of the set were the Taina orders and just shipped those.

Guess now there's proof that Disney actually did ship the sets and not just by computer, since a girl on Facebook in Australia have received the entire set. Guess they didn't manage to stop it in time before it left the US.

Hmm. I never got a notification of anything. Guess nothing shipped out, which might end up being a blessing in disguise (don't always trust my UPS guy). Gonna check the status of the order, though, just in case something's wrong.

I wish they would just go ahead and send out the rest of the sets now as it seems quite a few people have received theirs because of the mistake.

Looks like Disney really messed up and wasn't able to call back on all the sets they've accidentally shipped out. Someone in Australia received their set on facebook.. :eek:

I just hope we don't see any more screw ups to this extent since we have so many dolls that disney have to ship after next week! Come on disney help us have a magical month! :)

Can anyone pm me the picture of the whole set of the DFDC couples? I'm not on FB and have no clue how this works? :(

Can anyone pm me the picture of the whole set of the DFDC couples? I'm not on FB and have no clue how this works? :(

Can you google it or visit the Disney Store blog? It might be easier that way because to get photos on here would take longer haha.

Can you google it or visit the Disney Store blog? It might be easier that way because to get photos on here would take longer haha.

Oh, whoops: I actually meant the in-hand picture of the whole set from that FB member that was talked about? Sorry for not specifying!

Oh, whoops: I actually meant the in-hand picture of the whole set from that FB member that was talked about? Sorry for not specifying!

This one?

6ec042680262cdde40a2f16fc7fec355.jpg

I have to say it is a bit annoying to see that some people have gotten their full sets already while others still have to wait another couple of weeks for theirs to ship out. I'm not begrudging anyone and I'm happy for the people who got them, but I think Disney should have sent them all out after they made their initial mistake to be fair.

I have to say it is a bit annoying to see that some people have gotten their full sets already while others still have to wait another couple of weeks for theirs to ship out. I'm not begrudging anyone and I'm happy for the people who got them, but I think Disney should have sent them all out after they made their initial mistake to be fair.
Same here.
Couldn't they just have accepted that they screwed up and let people have their dolls. What major damage could have been done anyway? Seems like they just got a ton of more work on their hands after they messed that up.

Hello all :)

I'm new to this forum and thought I'd join as member since I've been reading everyone's comments regarding the designer dolls.
Just a quick question relating to the confirmation of order. I'm from the UK and so my Dad ordered Pocahontas and John Smith from the UK site for my birthday. They still had some left and all is paid for but he said he hasn't received a confirmation email.

He might just be teasing me about it like he does but I just wondered how quickly the emails come through if anyone would be able to help? :)

Much appreciated and good luck to everyone in getting their chosen dolls

Hello all :)

I'm new to this forum and thought I'd join as member since I've been reading everyone's comments regarding the designer dolls.
Just a quick question relating to the confirmation of order. I'm from the UK and so my Dad ordered Pocahontas and John Smith from the UK site for my birthday. They still had some left and all is paid for but he said he hasn't received a confirmation email.

He might just be teasing me about it like he does but I just wondered how quickly the emails come through if anyone would be able to help? :)

Much appreciated and good luck to everyone in getting their chosen dolls

Maybe it is declared as spam?
Just check your account and see your order's status. :)

I tried for Aurora and Cinderella Couple today and got my Cindy. Thanks goodness i got her, she is already sold out in the german online store! But Pocahontas & John Smith is still available. Don't ask me why!

Thank you for your reply :) I'll ask him to check later for me. Would have been a lot easier if he had ordered from my account!
And congrats on Cinderella! She's sold out as far as I'm aware in the UK

Maybe it is declared as spam?
Just check your account and see your order's status. :)

I tried for Aurora and Cinderella Couple today and got my Cindy. Thanks goodness i got her, she is already sold out in the german online store! But Pocahontas & John Smith is still available. Don't ask me why!

Thank you for your reply :) I'll ask him to check later for me. Would have been a lot easier if he had ordered from my account!
And congrats on Cinderella! She's sold out as far as I'm aware in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back