• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
Thank you for your reply :) I'll ask him to check later for me. Would have been a lot easier if he had ordered from my account!
And congrats on Cinderella! She's sold out as far as I'm aware in the UK

Thank you! I hope you are getting your beloved Pocahontas, mine is on her way, too! But i think everything will be fine since Pocahontas didn't sell out quickly, you can still buy her in some stores. (Can't understand why she isn't loved that much like other dolls, but who knows)
By the way, welcome to the forum. :)

Thank you for your reply :) I'll ask him to check later for me. Would have been a lot easier if he had ordered from my account!
And congrats on Cinderella! She's sold out as far as I'm aware in the UK

Thank you! I hope you are getting your beloved Pocahontas, mine is on her way, too! But i think everything will be fine since Pocahontas didn't sell out quickly, you can still buy her in some stores. (Can't understand why she isn't loved that much like other dolls, but who knows)
By the way, welcome to the forum. :)

Thank you! :) a little part of me is worried my Dad hasn't ordered her, so I hope he has. I've always been a Pocahontas fan and have the classic doll so I would really love to have her designer
I saw them in Birmingham's Disney Store with Tiana and no one other then myself seemed bothered by them. I never understood why she isn't more popular which is quite annoying as a fan cause there isn't a lot of merchandise for Poca. But I guess it's good in these cases she isn't so popular so we have a chance at getting the dolls :)

And thank you :) let me know when Pocahontas arrives :)

Does anybody know yet if Cinderella has her glass slippers on?! :D

I'm wondering the same thing and tried to open mine but my acrylic cover won't budge at all! :\ I may wait for the master deboxer, drj1828's pictures.

Last edited:
Thank you! :) a little part of me is worried my Dad hasn't ordered her, so I hope he has. I've always been a Pocahontas fan and have the classic doll so I would really love to have her designer
I saw them in Birmingham's Disney Store with Tiana and no one other then myself seemed bothered by them. I never understood why she isn't more popular which is quite annoying as a fan cause there isn't a lot of merchandise for Poca. But I guess it's good in these cases she isn't so popular so we have a chance at getting the dolls :)

And thank you :) let me know when Pocahontas arrives :)

Were you in the queue this morning? :)

I have to say it is a bit annoying to see that some people have gotten their full sets already while others still have to wait another couple of weeks for theirs to ship out. I'm not begrudging anyone and I'm happy for the people who got them, but I think Disney should have sent them all out after they made their initial mistake to be fair.

I agree with this 100%, I did not even know some people actually got the sets already, very unfair indeed, they should have all been sent out. :(

I'm new to post here and so happy to see so many other people so excited about the same things as me! I've been a doll collector for years and it's great there's an outlet for us to share with other people who love the same things! I think I've just about talked my fiance and mother's ears off about dolls! Good morning - lets talk about dolls, eat up all the new info I've learned for lunch & dinner conversations and don't worry hunny they're not watching you sleep but they are planning how to steal ALL your money! :drool:

Anyway - anyone who preordered the set still tracking their dolls? Let me clarify, my set was sent by mistake (as I have seen many others were, too) and made it from TN to CA about 15 minutes from my house. I phoned Disney and they said they were unable to release the request to have it returned. Honestly I'm less worried about getting my dolls early (so happy for all that did because of this error!) and more concerned about them being shipped twice and risking damage or loss. I had my local post office look for it and they were going to let me pick it up if they found it, which was very nice of them. But now I can see through tracking it was already sorted to make it's way back to Los Angeles where it departed on the 4th. I have been anxiously tracking it back to TN. Long story short, just curious how many other people experienced this or something similar?

And good luck to everyone trying for Cinderella or any of the Sleeping Beauty dolls tonight!

Is it just me or do people not seem to be posting as much regarding the releases this go round. I remember previous years, many people were sharing pictures and their experiences getting the dolls here..........I guess we will see tonight when Cindy goes up online

My store got in 12 Cinderella sets, and one of my friends (there for me) got called second last, so I almost didn't get her in-store. Mine has jacked up hair--the curl on the right side of her face isn't clipped back the way it's supposed to be, so it hangs funny. Not sure how to fix it. I guess I'll have to tuck it behind her other hair or something. But I'm glad to have her, so no big deal really.

Congrats to all who got her and good luck to those buying her online tonight!

And I agree that people don't seem as excited this time around.

My store got in 12 Cinderella sets, and one of my friends (there for me) got called second last, so I almost didn't get her in-store. Mine has jacked up hair--the curl on the right side of her face isn't clipped back the way it's supposed to be, so it hangs funny. Not sure how to fix it. I guess I'll have to tuck it behind her other hair or something. But I'm glad to have her, so no big deal really.

Congrats to all who got her and good luck to those buying her online tonight!

And I agree that people don't seem as excited this time around.

Please take a picture! I wanna see what it looks like :D

Also, I'm not pointing fingers, but when 3 LE 17" dolls come out the same week, people will be more focused on them.

Cinderella does have glass slippers! Flats not heels though.

PA070405.JPG

I don't know how to post pics from my phone so I'll do it tomorrow. However I just learned that it didn't come unclipped, it's just missing the curl at the base so it hangs straight down. Not a hard fix :)

Hi doll peoples. First time staying up late for a release. So excited. Work is going to be a trial tomorrow but I see this as serendipitous. If I make it to 3 am I might as well stay up until 5am for the lunar eclipse. :)

Is it just me or do people not seem to be posting as much regarding the releases this go round. I remember previous years, many people were sharing pictures and their experiences getting the dolls here..........I guess we will see tonight when Cindy goes up online

The princesses in this set just aren't as popular. There just isn't as much hype around these dolls. I can't really see the excitement/hype over these dolls picking up. I think Cinderella will sell out tomorrow online but I can see Tiana, Pocahontas, and Mulan (when she is released) hanging around online and possibly in store.

The princesses in this set just aren't as popular. There just isn't as much hype around these dolls. I can't really see the excitement/hype over these dolls picking up. I think Cinderella will sell out tomorrow online but I can see Tiana, Pocahontas, and Mulan (when she is released) hanging around online and possibly in store.

Exactly.
I think Cinderella will sell out overnight, Aurora will too. But Pocahontas, Tiana, and Mulan will last long. They might even go through a 20% discount. Not any lower than that though...

Makes me wonder if Polaris' theory was correct. Disney wasn't planning on releasing this set, but due to the demand, they quickly decided to release them.

I thought Mulan was one of the more popular ones from this series? I mean yea Cinderella and Briar Rose are preferred by most as more recognized characters but I think they've done a fantastic job with Mulan.

Is taking off the plastic case considered deboxing? I want to remove it so I can look at the set better and wipe away a piece of lint. I have NO idea how to take the plastic case off without damaging anything! Help please? :)

Well, I'm up xD I just moved yesterday and I start my new job later today, but nothing will stop me from trying for Cindy! I'm hoping most will be focused on getting the Sleeping Beauty dolls so I can swoop in and get Cindy relatively ease-free. Good luck to everybody!

Maybe it's dependent on area, but I've seen way more interest in the first two than Cinderella. For Tiana and Pocahontas the dolls sold out at my store (with collectors leaving without a doll for Pocahontas) whereas today the Cinderella release was practically uneventful to the point that I believe there was still a doll or two left afterwards. There's also a lot of attention going towards Mulan at my store - but I think Aurora is going to be the biggest seller (a good portion of that due to her being last).

I was extremely worried about getting Pocahontas last week with the 25 or so people that showed up, but for Cinderella there was maybe 15 people? Some of which were just people who brought friends.

Maybe it's dependent on area, but I've seen way more interest in the first two than Cinderella. For Tiana and Pocahontas the dolls sold out at my store (with collectors leaving without a doll for Pocahontas) whereas today the Cinderella release was practically uneventful to the point that I believe there was still a doll or two left afterwards. There's also a lot of attention going towards Mulan at my store - but I think Aurora is going to be the biggest seller (a good portion of that due to her being last).

I was extremely worried about getting Pocahontas last week with the 25 or so people that showed up, but for Cinderella there was maybe 15 people? Some of which were just people who brought friends.

That's always good to know, then. Although I'd still go into this with the mindset that it's going to be competitive because it's better to be prepared for a rough time and have it go smoothly than to not be prepared (apparently I listen to Scar too much) and end up disappointed. Fingers crossed for everybody though- Sleeping Beauty dolls and Cinderella. Hope everybody gets what they want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back