• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
Not much talk about Mulan to say she's out today in the UK. Wonder how long she will take to sell out. For me she's lovely but also my least favourite "princess"

I have Mulan on the way :) I had only planned to get Cinderella and Briar Rose from this year's designers but the dolls looked so lovely in the Mulan set that I couldn't resist!

I can't wait to round up my crew and head to Disney Store for the raffle. From pics, she was my fave of the set, but then I saw Tiana in person. But neither set beats out Jasmine as my most favorite :)

Thank you! :) But once you've seen Pocahontas in person, you will notice that pictures can't justify her real beauty. :) I am very happy that i purchased them, worth every penny!

For some reason it wouldn't let me reply back to you! And I agree, I saw her in person and she is honestly the most beautiful doll I've seen so far. I need the 29th to hurry up so I can finally have her :)
Still shocked to be honest that she is still available on the Disney Store UK site and Tiana has been added on again too! Mulan, I know she's only just come out today but she hasn't seemed to move fast either...

I'm torn on whether or not to attend the raffle today...mostly because I'm doing a ton of driving tomorrow for a family thing.

I'm like, "I can totally buy it tonight". But then I'm like, "But what if ds.com messes up? Wouldn't be the first time". But then I'm like, "But what if you drive all that way and pay tolls and stuff and you don't get drawn?", and then I'm like, "But if you go, you can hit Ikea and the outlet, too".

Oh, the humanity.

My Dad is going to the Florida Mall today...and if he succeeds or fails determines if I get in the car and drive 45 min to one of the 2 stores in my area to try again. Have there been a lot of people there for the drawings so far?

For Cinderella, yes- there had to have been between 50-70 people. I don't know how much of that was influenced by the fact that we were all already there for the 17" dolls, though...

My Dad is going to the Florida Mall today...and if he succeeds or fails determines if I get in the car and drive 45 min to one of the 2 stores in my area to try again. Have there been a lot of people there for the drawings so far?

I went to the Tiana, Pocahontas, and Cinderella raffles at the Florida Mall. Every release has had about 20 dolls available. The Tiana and Pocahontas releases were pretty easy...it seemed like there were enough dolls for everyone (as long as family members didn't purchase extras). The Cinderella release was crazy...there were probably around 60 people there...I am assuming that was partly because doll collectors were already there from the Sleeping Beauty dolls, and Cinderella has been the most hyped doll from this series.

I suspect the Mulan release will be busier than Tiana and Pocahontas, but way less crazy than the Cinderella release. I am thinking about skipping the Mulan raffle today and just buying her online tonight...I suspect she will be like Tiana and Pocahontas and stick around for a bit. :)

Phew, no problems at my store today! There were dolls left over after the raffle. It seemed like there were only enough ballots to do the draw because everyone brought friends. Every single person from my group got called (but we only bought one because I'm the only collector).

Mulan had the smallest turnout yet, which I think has to do with the resale value on these sets so far. Works for me!

My Dad had success, but just barely! He thinks he was the last person to get one, and only because 4 names were called for people that weren't there, and a family of five got called multiple times but they only needed one. But somehow through all the chaos of these releases past and present, we managed to get my Mom both the original doll and this one, so we are happy.

It was a very quiet release day today at the Champs-Elysées Disney Store, even more than Tiana' or Pocahontas'.
I really like my couple Mulan and Shang, especially for the gorgeous chinese dress of Mulan ♥ And Shang is really alike his character in the movie.
P1100293_zpsd9d49444.jpg
P1100285_zpsab80a4a9.jpg
P1100281_zpsae16e9eb.jpg
P1100301_zps3802b325.jpg
P1100338_zps7b050602.jpg
P1100344_zps6eaf696b.jpg

You can see more of them (details, etc) here >>https://www.flickr.com/photos/120857678@N03/sets/72157648353252898/

Would someone please tell me if the Fairytale Designer Couple dolls at disneystore,com go on sale at/around midnight? Like for the Sleeping Beauty set, will these go on sale at midnight on 10-22, which is really the night of 10-21?

For some reason it wouldn't let me reply back to you! And I agree, I saw her in person and she is honestly the most beautiful doll I've seen so far. I need the 29th to hurry up so I can finally have her :)
Still shocked to be honest that she is still available on the Disney Store UK site and Tiana has been added on again too! Mulan, I know she's only just come out today but she hasn't seemed to move fast either...

I guess Cinderella sold out so fast because many people were frustrated because of the 17'' LE Doll release and they couldn't grab their beloved ones so they decided to buy Cinderella instead. I have no other explanation because Pocahontas and Mulan are SO beautiful in my opinion...

It was a very quiet release day today at the Champs-Elysées Disney Store, even more than Tiana' or Pocahontas'.
I really like my couple Mulan and Shang, especially for the gorgeous chinese dress of Mulan ♥ And Shang is really alike his character in the movie.

You can see more of them (details, etc) here >>https://www.flickr.com/photos/120857678@N03/sets/72157648353252898/

I already said it, but your photos are gorgeous. At first, i thought Mulan is a beautiful doll. Now she is perfect. Thank you.

Quick question: do the clothes for these dolls come off? I'd really like to put Shang's clothes on Mulan because as beautiful as she is in that dress, she's much better as a tomboy in my opinion :>

Quick question: do the clothes for these dolls come off? I'd really like to put Shang's clothes on Mulan because as beautiful as she is in that dress, she's much better as a tomboy in my opinion :>

I don't know if they will fit her, but you can take them off! Looking forward to some pictures if you're willing to do it!

Hello Everybody! I was wanting to get peoples opinions. Do you think I should get the Cinderella and Prince Charming set or Mulan and Shang? Thanks for the help!

Hello Everybody! I was wanting to get peoples opinions. Do you think I should get the Cinderella and Prince Charming set or Mulan and Shang? Thanks for the help!

It's a hard decision and i don't know which i like more. It depends on what you prefer. In doubt, just throw a coin. If you're happy with the result or not - doesn't matter, you now know which to choose.

It's a hard decision and i don't know which i like more. It depends on what you prefer. In doubt, just throw a coin. If you're happy with the result or not - doesn't matter, you now know which to choose.

Thank you Myu! My first pick is Briar Rose next week! Cinderella was always my second choice until I saw the in person pictures of Mulan! She is just stunning!

P1100293_zpsd9d49444.jpg
P1100285_zpsab80a4a9.jpg
P1100281_zpsae16e9eb.jpg
P1100301_zps3802b325.jpg
P1100338_zps7b050602.jpg
P1100344_zps6eaf696b.jpg

MadEye could you possibly post the item number from your receipt today of the Mulan and Shang set? I would appreciate it a lot!

P1100293_zpsd9d49444.jpg
P1100285_zpsab80a4a9.jpg
P1100281_zpsae16e9eb.jpg
P1100301_zps3802b325.jpg
P1100338_zps7b050602.jpg
P1100344_zps6eaf696b.jpg

]

Stunning pictures!!

Got my set today at the store! More people showed up than I had expected; I honestly thought I would've been the only one but it looks like everyone was able to get a doll. Phew doll frenzy is officially over for me this month. My wallet is weeping.lol

MadEye could you possibly post the item number from your receipt today of the Mulan and Shang set? I would appreciate it a lot!

I am sorry but I am not sure I understand the question. Do you mean the number of the couple ( XXXX on 6000 ex) ? If I am guessing right, why do you want it for ?

Thank you very much everybody for my pictures ^^

My Cinderella and Prince Charming set arrived today...it is PERFECT! I always get nervous that something will be wrong with the doll, box, etc. but this time everything is absolutely perfect. Yay Disney Store! LOL

This set is by far my favorite from this series....Cinderella's dress is gorgeous and I love her hair and pose. :)

I skipped the in-store raffle for Mulan today so I will be up tonight to order her...good luck to everyone!

I am sorry but I am not sure I understand the question. Do you mean the number of the couple ( XXXX on 6000 ex) ? If I am guessing right, why do you want it for ?

Thank you very much everybody for my pictures ^^

The item number on the receipt helps people who missed out in store get it online. For example Tiana number on the receipt was [FONT=webSans, sans-serif]460708035375. The number is a direct link to the doll when they appear online. It is just a quick way of purchasing the doll without having to search multiple ways on the disney store website.[/FONT]

Ok, thank you for the explanation ! You teach me something new ^^
The number on the receipt is 411049455278 (and yes, it is the same reference number on the french site ! #411049455278)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back