• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, just got the e-mail that my fairytale set has been shipped again?! A bit earlier than I expected - I am also a bit nervous about this, I guess that's expected after their last screw up with this set.

So, just got the e-mail that my fairytale set has been shipped again?! A bit earlier than I expected - I am also a bit nervous about this, I guess that's expected after their last screw up with this set.

No, you should be good this time. Disney usually ships out the dolls the week before the final doll is released so you get it on tuesday when they are released in store.

My cinderella set came today and she is so gorgeous!! I saw her on display at the store and I wasn't to thrilled with her but I decided to order her anyway and I'm sooooo glad I did!!! This set is going to look gorgeous once I have all of them but after this, I don't want anymore PRINCESS DOLLS!!!!!!!!!!! Only The remaining 17inch doll of Jasmine and whatever new princesses are to come........and with the way these are selling, I don't think Disney would make another Princess designer collection anyway.

No, you should be good this time. Disney usually ships out the dolls the week before the final doll is released so you get it on tuesday when they are released in store.

Oh, I hope I get an email soon! I just checked my DS account, and it is still the same. I'll be glad to finally have my own set after seeing everyone's photos posted here and on Facebook these past weeks.

:tigger::pooh::piglet:

I guess I also thought that was the case. Still surprised to see the e-mail XD it better arrive safely.

How long does everyone think Mulan will last on the store? I couldn't get her when she first came out, and she is my favorite princess, so I am hoping she lasts long enough for me to get her. Plus I don't want my Belle to be all alone lol.

How long does everyone think Mulan will last on the store? I couldn't get her when she first came out, and she is my favorite princess, so I am hoping she lasts long enough for me to get her. Plus I don't want my Belle to be all alone lol.

I don't think she will be more popular than Tiana or Pocahontas and will last for a week at least. Well, i don't understand why since she is very, very pretty.

I don't think she will be more popular than Tiana or Pocahontas and will last for a week at least. Well, i don't understand why since she is very, very pretty.

Well I'm partly happy because everyone who wants them is able to get them and they are no big fish for scalpers, partly sad, since I don't think this experience will convince Disney that we need more of these three princesses (not to mention Alice, Wendy, Meg, Kida, Esmeralda, Jane and the others)
I think it would be a great idea to make a body for child dolls. (about 8 inches tall would be fine, I guess) It would be the classic doll version of for example Wendy, Alice...

Last edited:
I see why people think these sales mark the death of Tiana, Pocahontas, and Mulan, but the designer line is a very different seller from the 17" line. Tiana's 17" doll didn't take any longer to sell out than the other 17" dolls pre-Frozen, and she fetches nice coin on the secondary market.

If they released 17" dolls of Pocahontas and Mulan, they'd sell just as fast as the other dolls. They'd probably only make 4,000 of each, though. Keep in mind the designers have 6,000 vs 5,000 of the usual 17" dolls, and the price tag on these is really high for 12" dolls (yes, you get 2, but who reallllly cares about the princes?).

It's not fair (for Disney) to base anything on these particular sales, but I'm sure they'd factor in the popularity of ALL the dolls' sales if they released a 17" doll of them. I'm sure they won't leave out only 2 princesses!

I see why people think these sales mark the death of Tiana, Pocahontas, and Mulan, but the designer line is a very different seller from the 17" line. Tiana's 17" doll didn't take any longer to sell out than the other 17" dolls pre-Frozen, and she fetches nice coin on the secondary market.

If they released 17" dolls of Pocahontas and Mulan, they'd sell just as fast as the other dolls. They'd probably only make 4,000 of each, though. Keep in mind the designers have 6,000 vs 5,000 of the usual 17" dolls, and the price tag on these is really high for 12" dolls (yes, you get 2, but who reallllly cares about the princes?).

It's not fair (for Disney) to base anything on these particular sales, but I'm sure they'd factor in the popularity of ALL the dolls' sales if they released a 17" doll of them. I'm sure they won't leave out only 2 princesses!

I hope you are right! I didn't really meant the 17 inch dolls but some other stuff like mini dolls, clothes, something with sidekicks, figurines or plushies maybe. :)

My dolls came today! Well, I went over to UPS to get them, worried that they’d get damaged in shipment. NOPE!! They’re perfect!! Cindy/Charming AND Philip!!

Well, YAY!!!!

I just visited the Disney store and they had Mulan out. I was curious, so I tried to add it to my cart and check out and was able to. (I didn't actually buy it though. Although the dolls are pretty, they just aren't my thing and I don't have the funds.) So I don't know if this still means they have some as of now for those of you looking for it.

The blue Aurora was my first LE. I was just wondering if the couple set is just as nice in person? My blue Aurora was the first LE I saw in person.

Still no email or tracking, but my card has been charged. Hope this means my set will ship out soon!

The blue Aurora was my first LE. I was just wondering if the couple set is just as nice in person? My blue Aurora was the first LE I saw in person.

Imo blue Aurora is one of the nicest LE dolls done so compared to her I wouldn't say any of the designer couples are quite as nice. But then I think the 17inch dolls are a lot more detailed anyway. I haven't seen the Briar Rose set but from pictures she looks nice and is my favourite from the fairytale designer line.

It's all subjective anyway. She's my least fave of this set but she's at least better than Rapunzel. I don't totally love the fabric on her skirt, both the velvet that makes it less flowy and the flowers on the under layer. However it is nice to have a Briar Rose doll, so she's worth it for that alone.

I have to admit I care more for the exotic princesses, so my opinion is very biased. I don't mind the floral layer of Tiana's dress for example because it's on her lol.

thank you both for your input. :) I am trying to decide if after seeing how detailed the 17in Aurora if I will be disappointed with the couples considering they are the same price. I DO like that she is Briar Rose because if she wasn't, I would definitely pass.

thank you both for your input. :) I am trying to decide if after seeing how detailed the 17in Aurora if I will be disappointed with the couples considering they are the same price. I DO like that she is Briar Rose because if she wasn't, I would definitely pass.

I probably had really high expectations for Briar Rose since she's rarely ever done in her peasant dress so I'm personally completely underwhelmed by the DFDC set. I really loved her and planned on getting her when they had only released the close up pictures but upon seeing the picture of the whole dolls and seeing her in person, I decided to pass on her.

Something about her dress just bugs me - it's a combination of the floral patterns, the cheaply aligned/numbered rhinestones and the fact that I cannot unseen the cat face her from the patterns on her torso portion.lol But I think they've done a marvelous job on her face and hair is definitely better than 17-inch in my opinion. And as Quasimodo had mentioned the flowyness of her dress just doesn't seem to translate well enough from the lithos. At least with all that, she's not worth $140 for me. :\ I'm happy with my singing Briar Rose and 17 LEs.

Here's a pic I took of her when I saw it in person. Not the best quality so I do apologize.

attachment.php

Last edited:
So my five doll set that was intercepted by Disney because of their own MAJOR goof up only arrived back at the Memphis warehouse this past Tuesday....and now they're back on their way to me again. Just...what was even the point of calling them back when they had to be sent out again right afterwards? Absolutely ridiculous. I'm just going to cross my fingers that all this cross country traveling (they had made it all the way to Portland OR the first time around, to be delivered to a place just across the border in Washington state) doesn't result in damage. My set last year arrived fine but the villains before that had a bit of damage to two of their cases.

Actually, I'm curious if there's anyone else here who ordered the set from outside the USA and had their order intercepted, but was charged, then refunded LESS MONEY than the original charge. The Canadian dollar has been fluctuating a bunch lately so when the dolls were shipped to me I was charged the amount for them with that current day's exchange rate but when I got my refund the dollar had dropped so I was refunded at a lower exchange rate which means I'm out about $40. $40 that just disappeared into thin air. I feel like I should be super pissed about that, but it's not Disney's fault that the currency exchange rate fluctuated so much, but then again it IS their fault for messing up the delivery schedule and they should have just let the sets go on to their owners the first time. I don't even know who I would call to complain about this to, Disney or my bank. I doubt either would do anything anyway, guess I just wanted to vent to others who understand this crazy hobby!

Very interesting to see that both Tiana, Pocahontas, Mulan and LE Philip are still for sale on the UK online Disney store. I'm assuming should there be a follow up line next year, that the edition sizes might well be made even smaller for Europe. Managed to buy Cinderella and charming last week, together with the diary and I absolutely love them.

I probably had really high expectations for Briar Rose since she's rarely ever done in her peasant dress so I'm personally completely underwhelmed by the DFDC set. I really loved her and planned on getting her when they had only released the close up pictures but upon seeing the picture of the whole dolls and seeing her in person, I decided to pass on her.

Something about her dress just bugs me - it's a combination of the floral patterns, the cheaply aligned/numbered rhinestones and the fact that I cannot unseen the cat face her from the patterns on her torso portion.lol But I think they've done a marvelous job on her face and hair is definitely better than 17-inch in my opinion. And as Quasimodo had mentioned the flowyness of her dress just doesn't seem to translate well enough from the lithos. At least with all that, she's not worth $140 for me. :\ I'm happy with my singing Briar Rose and 17 LEs.

Here's a pic I took of her when I saw it in person. Not the best quality so I do apologize.

attachment.php

thanks :) I'm struggling a little with Philips face. It looks too cheap for $130. I'd almost rather buy the 17in Philip to match my Aurora (for less $$).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back