• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on Husband's "conversion":

He wants to know what and when the next LEs are! A friend told us all about Big Hero 6 and now he's interested in them! I think it's more "Me hunt doll, me find doll, me buy doll" with him.

I decided to get the Briar Rose & Phillip set today. Even though it was my least favorite from the series, she is still one of my favorite princesses so I couldn't pass. I went with my cousin and we both got picked even though there were only 11 people getting dolls (out of 14 dolls). Mine is # 3434.
First thing I did though was try and use accessories from previous Aurora dolls to make her look somewhat better. After who knows how many variations of things I did I finally put the 2012 Classic Doll pink Aurora dress underneath the corset/skirt instead of the teal blouse, and it looks pretty good. Here's some pictures. And congratulations to those who successfully got the set today, and good luck to those ordering.

Just a quick, probably stupid, question, but here it goes. I've already purchased Aurora and Phillip earlier today from the Disney store, but my younger sister's seen the doll as well and has basically fallen in love with it. Is it OK for me to try purchasing one for her as a Christmas present when the dolls go on sale tonight? I've heard that the limits are supposedly one per person, two per household, so on the second part I would be fine, but I'd also be the one doing the purchasing both times so my purchase wouldn't get rejected or something would it? It seems ridiculous to think that Disney would reject money at all, but these are limited edition dolls so I figured I'd ask anyway as I'm not a fan of breaking rules whether knowing or unknowingly.

Last edited:
You will be fine as long as you only buy 1 doll on line. The limit for in store and online are seperate so you can buy 1 in store and 1 online. Good luck!

PhillipampAurora_zpsb4fea470.png
PhillipampAurora2_zpsa880d71b.png

I am very happy with my set! The back cardboard was pretty messed up, but the dolls are perfect! I was called second at my store - which was quite a relief.

Well normally I stay up a bit when a doll releases, but I've gotta get up in a few hours to go to work and I'm already exhausted. Good luck to everyone!

Well my local Disney Store still had 3 after I bought 1 last night around 6 p.m. so I think Cindy will be the most popular and valuable out of this set. Also, this is the 3rd Aurora doll and second Prince Phillip doll in this set which I think is a bit ridiculous. Prince Phillip is still available on the website!

Well my local Disney Store still had 3 after I bought 1 last night around 6 p.m. so I think Cindy will be the most popular and valuable out of this set. Also, this is the 3rd Aurora doll and second Prince Phillip doll in this set which I think is a bit ridiculous. Prince Phillip is still available on the website!
From the pic of the gift bag, Cindy occupies the largest area and the official may think she would be the most popular one~

Really? Mine had 16 in and sold out quickly, their were at least 12 people that didn't get a doll and I was second to last to get mine. Guess it depends on location. I did get one for my sister tonight and I'm thrilled to see how she'll react when I give it to her! thanks for the link guys, I was so worried I wouldn't get one! I've never ordered a doll from the online store before, only heard horror stories. Checkout was actually pretty quick, though I did use paypal and the store already had my information on file so that helped a lot. Hope everyone who wanted one got the doll! :3

Still not showing on the website without the direct link. This is weird! Disney needs to do a better job of getting it up online

Ok. She finally showed up at 3:30. Wow! 30 minutes to post the doll. Just sad.............

Last edited:
Man it is dead in here tonight. I hear crickets!! I guess this line really fizzled in the end. I think Disney produced way too many dolls too fast. People are getting tired and running out of space in their home! This same thing happened with the Nascar diecast industry. They got greedy, produced too many cars too fast and increased the production numbers to make a quick buck but severely reduced the value of each collector piece. Perhaps disney collectibles... Dare I say it....may become more worthless moving forward?

It is sad for them to take that long, though I just checked myself and didn't happen to see them in the new arrivals section, nor by searching Disney.com, I only saw the mug up. Wonder if they are continuing to have problems or if I'm just looking in the wrong place. Oh well, hopefully all those who really want her will be able to get her one way or the other, I personally love that they did Briar Rose cause another classic Sleeping Beauty doll, shortly after the release of two others, would have seemed a tad repetitive.

Man it is dead in here tonight. I hear crickets!! I guess this line really fizzled in the end. I think Disney produced way too many dolls too fast. People are getting tired and running out of space in their home! This same thing happened with the Nascar diecast industry. They got greedy, produced too many cars too fast and increased the production numbers to make a quick buck but severely reduced the value of each collector piece. Perhaps disney collectibles... Dare I say it....may become more worthless moving forward?

Maybe, maybe not; but if it's Disney anything it's pretty much guaranteed to sell. Maybe they just released too many at once and once they've gone without releases for a while things will pick back up? Or it could be that fans who don't use the early links are still having trouble finding the link to purchase the doll. Guess time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back