• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
No, you are searching correctly. Usually I search the "NEW" section and you are correct. Still not showing up but if you type in FAIRYTALE in search box the doll shows up. What shocks me is there is no one posting in here right now like usual. Most people don't know about the links and they scramble to find the doll the traditional way and come in here and freak out that the doll is not showing up. The biggest surprise for me is that POLARIS is not commenting at all. I hope all is well. You are missed..........

Wow! Looks like she just sold out! Interesting.............

For those that still can't buy one keep trying. They usually come back up intermittently for the next hour or so. I think they do this on purpose to recheck inventory and to delete multiple purchases from one buyer.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Not that I can tell, but maybe she just came back up like DisneyFreddie suggested would happen? Either that or it says sold out when clicking the button even though it still says "add to the bag," I've had that happen once before to me when purchasing the singing Elsa ornament.

Last edited:
That is my point. You should not have to use a special link or item number that is not public knowlege. Disney is a major distributor and makes huge amounts of money but has an outdated website that is not user friendly. Quite shocking in my opinion. For the record it is still not showing under the NEW search. Been 1 hour! Unacceptable..........

That is my point. You should not have to use a special link or item number that is not public knowlege. Disney is a major distributor and makes huge amounts of money but has an outdated website that is not user friendly. Quite shocking in my opinion. For the record it is still not showing under the NEW search. Been 1 hour! Unacceptable..........

Completely agree! If I hadn't done my research beforehand I would have been stressing for about an hour before calling it quits. You'd think a company as large as Disney would be more efficient getting their products out on time so everyone has a shot to buy them! For the record, she's not sold out anymore, though the dolls still aren't showing up under the "new" category either...

I don't think it's fizzled as much as this line literally had the least popular princesses - Disney put all their gusto into the first DFDC line. While I personally prefer more of the dolls out of the second set (like I am sure many others do) they're not the princesses that have as high of a potential to go up in value as fast. They'll still go for a lot on eBay over time, but last year we had Rapunzel and Ariel (which prior to Frozen have been the most popular) - and then you had Snow White and Belle which are both pretty popular, and then Jasmine being the only PoC princess who gets regular merchandise in comparison to the others. Cinderella releases are usually generally quiet, and so her selling out when she did is about usual I think. Tiana, Mulan, and Pocahontas (sadly) have extremely barren pages on the Disney Store site. They're barely marketed and thus there's less demand from the general public (although more demand from those of us who love them and want more of them!). Aurora has always been in the middle - she's my favorite princess but I won't pretend she's popular.

It'll be interesting to see what we get this year now that this line is done.

PhillipampAurora_zpsb4fea470.png
PhillipampAurora2_zpsa880d71b.png

I am very happy with my set! The back cardboard was pretty messed up, but the dolls are perfect! I was called second at my store - which was quite a relief.

Oh my ! Your Aurora is perfect ! Perfect hair style !

I got mine yesterday at the Champs-Elysées DisneyStore. We cannot choose the doll we get anymore, mine has a little weird fringe, but nevermind I like her anyway !
Finally, this dollathon has come to an end !
So here is my final couple :
P1100408_zps30b438bc.jpg
P1100404_zps8be2e539.jpg

P1100401_zps6cda33e5.jpg
P1100421_zps063b6c35.jpg

As usual, you can see my other pictures on my flickr account >> https://www.flickr.com/photos/120857678@N03/sets/72157646573754784/

I got mine yesterday at the Champs-Elysées DisneyStore. We cannot choose the doll we get anymore, mine has a little weird fringe, but nevermind I like her anyway !
P1100408_zps30b438bc.jpg
P1100404_zps8be2e539.jpg

P1100401_zps6cda33e5.jpg
P1100421_zps063b6c35.jpg

As usual, you can see my other pictures on my flickr account >> https://www.flickr.com/photos/120857678@N03/sets/72157646573754784/

Your set looks wonderful!!

And they don't let you pick at all? My store has a strict rule of letting us pick from two dolls for each release - that way we don't just get handed one but we also don't hold up the line!

Your set looks wonderful!!

And they don't let you pick at all? My store has a strict rule of letting us pick from two dolls for each release - that way we don't just get handed one but we also don't hold up the line!

Thank you !
In fact, we can choose. We have the one they give us, we have to pay and after we can see a selection of dolls. So I could see three others Auroras, but because I was not the first in the queue, these three dolls were left-overs by the others customers that could have changed their doll before me. I am not sure I am clear in English >_< For example, the guy, two customers before me select a doll from this selection to trade with the one he bought, so when I have bought my doll and came to see the selection, it was the dolls other people had exchanged (and they all have very poor fringe, so I kept mine).

Congratulations on your dolls! MadEye, your photos turned out very beautiful. :)
I didn't know that there are disney stores in France. Kinda wished that we still had some disney stores in Germany... Briar Rose sold out within minutes on the german page, you nearly had no chance to get her. Thank goodness i didn't want her, would have gone crazy... Especially after what has happened to the 17'' doll release...

Ugh, I HATE the Disney Store. I just received my preorder and 3 out of the 5 slipcovers are damaged. Tiana's has a hole right in the middle of it, Mulan's has a huge discolored stain on the front, and the corner of Aurora's is bent. The outside boxes were in fine condition and undamaged so this came from the DS. It also looks like Pocahontas's foot may be broken but I don't want to open the box to check for sure. DS is telling me I have to send the entire set back and they will send me another set. So sick of this hassle. I waited so long for these dolls, paid a lot of money, and now I have to send them back, wait again, and who knows what I will get next time. I am thoroughly disgusted. Wondering if I should just suck it up about the slipcovers because the dolls are in half decent condition, but after that much money I really don't want any part of the set damaged.

That is so horrible! I was wondering how they would handle damaged preorders. I have been so nervous for mine to arrive, especially after the stress of having my set sent out early. I am so sorry that you have to make that decision and I hope it's not one I have to make myself when my dolls arrive tomorrow. I'm guessing the numbers all match? That is the only reason I can think of for them to want the whole order back so then they could resell it? I was really hoping that they would have allowed you to exchange only the damaged dolls. I haven't seen your set so I can't really say what I would do, but I think that if I received a set where the damage was mainly to the slipcovers and not the actual dolls I would keep it for fear of receiving a worse set. If I were to send them back, on the other hand, I would do so as quickly as possible as to not lose out all together from others doing the same and there not being enough extra. I do agree that after paying that much it shouldn't be a decision anyone is faced with. I hope everything works out for you whatever you decide!

Fortunately, my couples set arrived yesterday in perfect condition, besides a stray hair here or there. I'm so very happy with them all and they are #176!

I'm hoping other sets arrive just as safely and that Disney fixes the ones that didn't.

She's available again. I began the checkout process without getting kicked out, so she's there for sure.

At our store, we're not even allowed to check the doll. It's to keep the line going. We're told the staff inspects them before putting them on the floor, so maybe that's why we had different numbers every week (sometimes not all the dolls would pass inspection?).

Husband went with me for Cinderalla/Charming and Briar Rose/Philip.

My store had SIX Cinderellas, then I found out today that they had received another FOUR the following week. HUH? It didn't matter because I got it online that night.

Today, they had TEN Briar Roses. I got called second! Husband got called, too!!!! There was a guy who drove 40 miles to get one to surprise his wife. I told Husband to get in the pay line, tapped that guy on the shoulder and told him he could have our second one. He was a collector, who better to get the "spare"?

So nice :)

I don't think it's fizzled as much as this line literally had the least popular princesses - Disney put all their gusto into the first DFDC line. While I personally prefer more of the dolls out of the second set (like I am sure many others do) they're not the princesses that have as high of a potential to go up in value as fast. They'll still go for a lot on eBay over time, but last year we had Rapunzel and Ariel (which prior to Frozen have been the most popular) - and then you had Snow White and Belle which are both pretty popular, and then Jasmine being the only PoC princess who gets regular merchandise in comparison to the others. Cinderella releases are usually generally quiet, and so her selling out when she did is about usual I think. Tiana, Mulan, and Pocahontas (sadly) have extremely barren pages on the Disney Store site. They're barely marketed and thus there's less demand from the general public (although more demand from those of us who love them and want more of them!). Aurora has always been in the middle - she's my favorite princess but I won't pretend she's popular.

It'll be interesting to see what we get this year now that this line is done.

Agreed - they should have mixed this years set up a little with last years.

Aurora and phillip were the ones I wanted but I think I'm going to pass... /: I just hope I'm not going o regret it.... But I also don't want to buy them thn regret it. X_x

So...anyone ever have this happen to them: my pre-order set is scheduled to be delivered by UPS today. Tracking says it is on the truck. The driver pulls up to my house (single-family)...gets out of the truck and goes into the back...stays there for about 5 minutes...gets out...sees me...shakes his head, puts his hands in the air and DRIVES AWAY. No packages! I am so worried and anxious right now after having the dolls sent and returned once before. I took the day out of work to make sure I would be here to sign if needed. I called UPS immediately and they said the package is indeed on the truck and nothing can be done right now but wait. Apparently they cannot tell who the drive is so they can't contact him; really???? I so hope I am over reacting. :(

Everyone takes such lovely photos, I am very jealous. I am glad I am not the only one to debox my dolls, they are just too lovely to leave under plastic all the time. I am tempted to hunt down the last LE Aurora in blue and pink. Just purchased the lithographs from the first round, now we just need to find frames for them.

Does anyone think there will be a third round of these with some more esoteric couplings?

They are all so beautiful! But this one is my favourite of your photos of this couple, as I imagined a pose like this for Briar Rose and Philip before pictures of them leaked out:
15572140566_d75d104e7a_b.jpg

P1100408_zps30b438bc.jpg
P1100404_zps8be2e539.jpg

P1100401_zps6cda33e5.jpg
P1100421_zps063b6c35.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back