• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
When they started picking entries at my store, they first said that they had looked over all the dolls and that they were all in good shape. When they had Philip, they said one was damaged, so they only had 8 of them. Guess who was #9? :(. But I got it that night. Or would that be the next day? ;)

Hm, that's a good question. They do still have Anna, Elsa, and Merida as far a princesses go, but only Anna has a guy while the other two are single. There's always couples like Tarzan and Jane, Hercules and Megara, Jack and Sally, Esmeralda and Phoebus, Milo and Kida, or maybe Wendy and Peter Pan that they could do, but I don't really recall seeing limited edition dolls for any of them before, and considering they aren't as heavily advertised couples then I wouldn't be surprised if they decide not to do anymore sets and just release the remaining three either individually or in a different line, but I guess time will tell.

Oooo I would love another set. Unlikely i know. But would be brilliant! With Anna, Kristoff, Tarzan and Jane, Hercules and Megara...Esmeralda and Phoebus..I'd love Wendy and Pan. That would be amazing.

I wonder if they will do a surprise Anna and Elsa designer doll release for Frozen Fever in the spring like they did with Tink and Zarina for the Pirate Fairy release...

That is so horrible! I was wondering how they would handle damaged preorders. I have been so nervous for mine to arrive, especially after the stress of having my set sent out early. I am so sorry that you have to make that decision and I hope it's not one I have to make myself when my dolls arrive tomorrow. I'm guessing the numbers all match? That is the only reason I can think of for them to want the whole order back so then they could resell it? I was really hoping that they would have allowed you to exchange only the damaged dolls. I haven't seen your set so I can't really say what I would do, but I think that if I received a set where the damage was mainly to the slipcovers and not the actual dolls I would keep it for fear of receiving a worse set. If I were to send them back, on the other hand, I would do so as quickly as possible as to not lose out all together from others doing the same and there not being enough extra. I do agree that after paying that much it shouldn't be a decision anyone is faced with. I hope everything works out for you whatever you decide!

Thanks. :) I noticed each doll had the entire set price of $649.75 printed on the back of the slipcover as opposed to $129.95 for individual dolls so I suppose that's why they can't break it up. I think their system views the entire set as one item. I will never order a set like this again, as it is easier to return an individual doll if something is wrong and you don't risk losing ALL of the dolls if one or a few are damaged.

After I moved on from my freakout of the damaged slipcovers, I noticed that the display boxes were pretty beat up as well with a couple of the name plates chipped in several places. If I deboxed my dolls I wouldn't care but since I want to display them with the slipcovers, I returned them this morning. To be honest, the dolls themselves weren't in the best condition either -- they all looked like they had just woke up from a long nap, with really bad hair and messed up outfits, but I could have opened the cases and smoothed all that out it if the boxes and slip covers weren't so bad.

I had to pressure the DS to send me a return label right away (it can usually take up to 3 days!) because I was worried 1) they would run out of sets and 2) because I am going on vacation in a couple of weeks and if they take too long to send I won't be here when they arrive. They said they would send me a replacement set-- one that was "handpicked" to make sure there was no damage. I was so annoyed, I almost told them to just refund my money, but I think that would have left me completely heartbroken after I'd calmed down, so I am giving them one more chance! So we'll see what happens.

Good luck with your set! I hope it arrives in great condition! :)

Last edited:
I wonder if they will do a surprise Anna and Elsa designer doll release for Frozen Fever in the spring like they did with Tink and Zarina for the Pirate Fairy release...

This had crossed my mind as well. I think it would be a better option than making a third set of the 17" dolls. However, I would really love a 17" Kristoff.

Hm, that's a good question. They do still have Anna, Elsa, and Merida as far a princesses go, but only Anna has a guy while the other two are single. There's always couples like Tarzan and Jane, Hercules and Megara, Jack and Sally, Esmeralda and Phoebus, Milo and Kida, or maybe Wendy and Peter Pan that they could do, but I don't really recall seeing limited edition dolls for any of them before, and considering they aren't as heavily advertised couples then I wouldn't be surprised if they decide not to do anymore sets and just release the remaining three either individually or in a different line, but I guess time will tell.

My husband desperately wants a Felix and Calhoun set. Pretty sure that is not going to happen ;)

So...anyone ever have this happen to them: my pre-order set is scheduled to be delivered by UPS today. Tracking says it is on the truck. The driver pulls up to my house (single-family)...gets out of the truck and goes into the back...stays there for about 5 minutes...gets out...sees me...shakes his head, puts his hands in the air and DRIVES AWAY. No packages! I am so worried and anxious right now after having the dolls sent and returned once before. I took the day out of work to make sure I would be here to sign if needed. I called UPS immediately and they said the package is indeed on the truck and nothing can be done right now but wait. Apparently they cannot tell who the drive is so they can't contact him; really???? I so hope I am over reacting. :(

this happend to me, don't worry sometimes they have too many packages and have to divide them with different drivers.

Thanks. :) I noticed each doll had the entire set price of $649.75 printed on the back of the slipcover as opposed to $129.95 for individual dolls so I suppose that's why they can't break it up. I think their system views the entire set as one item. I will never order a set like this again, as it is easier to return an individual doll if something is wrong and you don't risk losing ALL of the dolls if one or a few are damaged.

After I moved on from my freakout of the damaged slipcovers, I noticed that the display boxes were pretty beat up as well with a couple of the name plates chipped in several places. If I deboxed my dolls I wouldn't care but since I want to display them with the slipcovers, I returned them this morning. To be honest, the dolls themselves weren't in the best condition either -- they all looked like they had just woke up from a long nap, with really bad hair and messed up outfits, but I could have opened the cases and smoothed all that out it if the boxes and slip covers weren't so bad.

I had to pressure the DS to send me a return label right away (it can usually take up to 3 days!) because I was worried 1) they would run out of sets and 2) because I am going on vacation in a couple of weeks and if they take too long to send I won't be here when they arrive. They said they would send me a replacement set-- one that was "handpicked" to make sure there was no damage. I was so annoyed, I almost told them to just refund my money, but I think that would have left me completely heartbroken after I'd calmed down, so I am giving them one more chance! So we'll see what happens.

Good luck with your set! I hope it arrives in great condition! :)

That makes sense for them to view it as one item, just too bad it works that way! I felt so privilidged being able to purchase the entire set, as I have never done that before - but like you I don't know if it's something that I will do again. The hassle and anxiety of it all was so much with the mistakes Disney made! I have been patiently waiting for my set and I have seen so many beautiful pictures people have posted leading up to their arrival only to be disappointed with a lot of things about my set. It's crazy because with the first release I didn't have any quality issues! Sure there were miniscule things like wanting to make slight adjustments to hair or clothing, but overall nothing looked bad. Besides, like you I am not a deboxer. I have so much respect for people who are, but it's just not in my nature.

All of my slipcovers were perfect as far as I can tell, so I had high hopes taking them off to view the dolls. I got #192 which is the lowest number I have ever had, which is cool! Unfortunitely four out of five of my dolls have issues from what I can tell so far. I feel so upset - I just had to put them away. Aurora/Philip seem to be in good condition, besides the fact that I can see the plastic wrap around his neck. I was really worried about getting an Aurora with crazy looking fringe/hair, but seems she left that to Cinderella who not only has wild hair and eyelashes but also a piece of plastic that attaches her crown is sticking straight up on her head. Another thing I'm not entirely pleased with is the way her dress is positioned, that beautiful puffy overlay is turned more to her front instead of to the side. Mulan's dress doesn't flow quite like I expected in the front and one side of the red tie on Li Shang is lifted up and resting against his face. Tiana's dress looks great (though like everyone else I am bothered by the missing jewels on her belt) but she has something white (maybe glue?) that runs the entire length of her outer lashes on one side. And lastly Pocahantas, oh my god where do I start!? Her hair needs to be smoothed out and she has ONE SINGLE PIECE that is holding up the layers of her belt with the feathers that is supposed to be hanging. It looks awful and no matter how much I slightly jiggle it around to try and unhook it from that single hair it just stays awkwardly lifted up. Also even more noticeable than that is her tassels - 12 are lifted straight up as if they were magnetized and someone were holding a magnet to them. There's also one behind her shoulder, one tucked into her shawl and one lifted up touching her face. It's so obnoxious and absolutely pains me to look at her! Like I said before, I don't debox but for this set I'll probably have to which is really disappointing and honestly pretty terrifying since it's not something I've done before and I don't know if I'll be able to straighten everything out or if they'll just keep lifting back up. Has anyone else had this problem with their Pocahontas? If so, what did you do? On a lighter note, my cats have LOVED playing in the big box they came in!

So funny for you to say that yours looked like they had just woken up from a long nap! I totally get what you mean and for dolls that are supposed to be all about the details it's disappointing that so many have looked just plain thrown together. Do you know if people had this many quality issues with the first set? Or did I just get lucky that time around. I am glad to hear you were able to send them back quickly and that Disney did provide you the return label promptly as they should, three days to wait for that is ridiculous! I really hope your new "handpicked" set is beautiful! I will be looking out on here for you to post about it when it arrives.

That makes sense for them to view it as one item, just too bad it works that way! I felt so privilidged being able to purchase the entire set, as I have never done that before - but like you I don't know if it's something that I will do again. The hassle and anxiety of it all was so much with the mistakes Disney made! I have been patiently waiting for my set and I have seen so many beautiful pictures people have posted leading up to their arrival only to be disappointed with a lot of things about my set. It's crazy because with the first release I didn't have any quality issues! Sure there were miniscule things like wanting to make slight adjustments to hair or clothing, but overall nothing looked bad. Besides, like you I am not a deboxer. I have so much respect for people who are, but it's just not in my nature.

That is another reason I won't order a set like this again...isn't it absolute torture seeing everyone get their dolls every week while you're still waiting?! LOL That's why I felt like crying when I got my set and it arrived in that kind of condition. All that waiting and build up for nearly two months and then... "ugh!"

And lastly Pocahantas, oh my god where do I start!? Her hair needs to be smoothed out and she has ONE SINGLE PIECE that is holding up the layers of her belt with the feathers that is supposed to be hanging. It looks awful and no matter how much I slightly jiggle it around to try and unhook it from that single hair it just stays awkwardly lifted up. Also even more noticeable than that is her tassels - 12 are lifted straight up as if they were magnetized and someone were holding a magnet to them. There's also one behind her shoulder, one tucked into her shawl and one lifted up touching her face. It's so obnoxious and absolutely pains me to look at her! Like I said before, I don't debox but for this set I'll probably have to which is really disappointing and honestly pretty terrifying since it's not something I've done before and I don't know if I'll be able to straighten everything out or if they'll just keep lifting back up. Has anyone else had this problem with their Pocahontas? If so, what did you do? On a lighter note, my cats have LOVED playing in the big box they came in!

Yeah, my Pocahontas was all kind of crazy, but I was sort of expecting that from some of the photos I'd seen and reports I'd read. Everything--her hair, feathers, tassels-- were all standing straight up like she'd been electrocuted. If I'd have kept the set, I would have had to fix her, but I really hate opening those boxes. I find it a pain trying to get the cardboard backing back into the tabs without bending it all out of shape.

So funny for you to say that yours looked like they had just woken up from a long nap! I totally get what you mean and for dolls that are supposed to be all about the details it's disappointing that so many have looked just plain thrown together. Do you know if people had this many quality issues with the first set? Or did I just get lucky that time around.

I don't have any from the first set unfortunately. I just started collecting January of this year so I don't know. The BaTB and Snow White couples are both on my extensive "Dolls to Get" list!

I am glad to hear you were able to send them back quickly and that Disney did provide you the return label promptly as they should, three days to wait for that is ridiculous! I really hope your new "handpicked" set is beautiful! I will be looking out on here for you to post about it when it arrives.

Thank you so much! I am crossing my fingers I'll have some good news to post! :)

All of my slipcovers were perfect as far as I can tell, so I had high hopes taking them off to view the dolls. I got #192 which is the lowest number I have ever had, which is cool! Unfortunitely four out of five of my dolls have issues from what I can tell so far. I feel so upset - I just had to put them away. Aurora/Philip seem to be in good condition, besides the fact that I can see the plastic wrap around his neck. I was really worried about getting an Aurora with crazy looking fringe/hair, but seems she left that to Cinderella who not only has wild hair and eyelashes but also a piece of plastic that attaches her crown is sticking straight up on her head. Another thing I'm not entirely pleased with is the way her dress is positioned, that beautiful puffy overlay is turned more to her front instead of to the side. Mulan's dress doesn't flow quite like I expected in the front and one side of the red tie on Li Shang is lifted up and resting against his face. Tiana's dress looks great (though like everyone else I am bothered by the missing jewels on her belt) but she has something white (maybe glue?) that runs the entire length of her outer lashes on one side. And lastly Pocahantas, oh my god where do I start!? Her hair needs to be smoothed out and she has ONE SINGLE PIECE that is holding up the layers of her belt with the feathers that is supposed to be hanging. It looks awful and no matter how much I slightly jiggle it around to try and unhook it from that single hair it just stays awkwardly lifted up. Also even more noticeable than that is her tassels - 12 are lifted straight up as if they were magnetized and someone were holding a magnet to them. There's also one behind her shoulder, one tucked into her shawl and one lifted up touching her face. It's so obnoxious and absolutely pains me to look at her! Like I said before, I don't debox but for this set I'll probably have to which is really disappointing and honestly pretty terrifying since it's not something I've done before and I don't know if I'll be able to straighten everything out or if they'll just keep lifting back up. Has anyone else had this problem with their Pocahontas? If so, what did you do? On a lighter note, my cats have LOVED playing in the big box they came in!

So funny for you to say that yours looked like they had just woken up from a long nap! I totally get what you mean and for dolls that are supposed to be all about the details it's disappointing that so many have looked just plain thrown together. Do you know if people had this many quality issues with the first set? Or did I just get lucky that time around. I am glad to hear you were able to send them back quickly and that Disney did provide you the return label promptly as they should, three days to wait for that is ridiculous! I really hope your new "handpicked" set is beautiful! I will be looking out on here for you to post about it when it arrives.

I pre ordered the first couple set they arrived perfect... It's nice to have the dolls with the same c.a # I believe the only issue was that one of the dolls did not match the other dolls c.a # I think it was Snow White.... But I agree it was nerve wrecking waiting for them to be delivered until the end and not knowing if they would be damaged or not and if they would be able to be replaced. I bought tiana / Pocahontas online .... Both arrived damaged tiana had a cracked case and pocahontas had a slice thru the top slip cover I guess they were verifying contents and used a blade to cut the box open, to be safe I had to drive 1 hour away to my nearest disney store for the other three couples. Thankfully that store lets us inspect and change the dolls at the moment of checkout they are not to magical about it but they don't refuse... I went thru multiples b4 being happy with one the only one that was perfect was briar rose. On Pocahontas the tassels is due to static I noticed my hand was moving the tassels with the static and was able to bring them down with out opening the box.

Just got off the phone with Disney. As of today, my dolls have STILL not been picked up by UPS - and it's been over 48 hours (didn't get the blast off until yesterday for whatever reason)!!! According to the customer service rep, my set is still in the warehouse and I should keep tracking it for 1 -2 business days, and if the UPS site has not updated it's status, call them and they'll see what they can do. Any further concerns were addressed with the reassurance that they still have some replacements sets left, but not a lot. So, yeah, now even I'm stressing out - and I'm usually the calm one in my family!

pocahontas had a slice thru the top slip cover I guess they were verifying contents and used a blade to cut the box open

THIS. I was told they were going to check and "handpick" my replacement set. I don't know if that is a good thing necessarily. :sad: I am afraid they might just cause more damage from the handling. (sigh) Okay...*Positive Thoughts*.....*Happy Thoughts*...

THIS. I was told they were going to check and "handpick" my replacement set. I don't know if that is a good thing necessarily. :sad: I am afraid they might just cause more damage from the handling. (sigh) Okay...*Positive Thoughts*.....*Happy Thoughts*...

Positive Thoughts .. Crossing fingers hope you get a perfect set.:hs:

Yeah, my Pocahontas was all kind of crazy, but I was sort of expecting that from some of the photos I'd seen and reports I'd read. Everything--her hair, feathers, tassels-- were all standing straight up like she'd been electrocuted. If I'd have kept the set, I would have had to fix her, but I really hate opening those boxes. I find it a pain trying to get the cardboard backing back into the tabs without bending it all out of shape.

I don't have any from the first set unfortunately. I just started collecting January of this year so I don't know. The BaTB and Snow White couples are both on my extensive "Dolls to Get" list!

Gosh, I must have missed all the photos of Pocahontas looking crazy because I was not expecting it at all! Honestly, she's not one of my favorite characters but I decided to get them after seeing how great they looked in promos. Also I figured by preordering I wouldn't miss out on the ones I really wanted.

Last year I got Belle/Beast and Snow White/Prince. I love them and wish you luck in finding yours for a reasonable price! They were my initial favorites from the first collection. Then I needed to have Ariel/Eric, too - which is how I found out the hard way about links for the dolls. I was refreshing the site like an idiot and by the time they showed up for me I never even had a chance. I bought them on eBay shortly after for double the price.

When I decided to complete the set I started looking for the two I missed. I really don't know why I didn't get Jasmine/Aladdin when they were released! I've collected Aladdin merch since I was a child and I have a Jasmine & Rajah tattoo. My fiancé and mom were confused when I passed on them. I must have been confused for doing that because I got them today and they are awesome! I also got Rapunzel/Flynn with them for $550 total. Not the best price I've seen, but also not the worst. I got nervous about prices rising, so I jumped at the opportunity to own them.

Thanks for the tips on opening the box! I've read so much about the tabs on the bottom that I didn't even think about complications I might run into with the cardboard backing. I'm glad to know that in case I get the courage to open Pocahontas and fix her! I'm actually relieved that the princes all have plastic hair even though a lot of people are opposed to it. I can't image the stress of wanting to fuss with their hairstyles as well as the princesses if you don't debox.

I pre ordered the first couple set they arrived perfect... It's nice to have the dolls with the same c.a # I believe the only issue was that one of the dolls did not match the other dolls c.a # I think it was Snow White.... But I agree it was nerve wrecking waiting for them to be delivered until the end and not knowing if they would be damaged or not and if they would be able to be replaced. I bought tiana / Pocahontas online .... Both arrived damaged tiana had a cracked case and pocahontas had a slice thru the top slip cover I guess they were verifying contents and used a blade to cut the box open, to be safe I had to drive 1 hour away to my nearest disney store for the other three couples. Thankfully that store lets us inspect and change the dolls at the moment of checkout they are not to magical about it but they don't refuse... I went thru multiples b4 being happy with one the only one that was perfect was briar rose. On Pocahontas the tassels is due to static I noticed my hand was moving the tassels with the static and was able to bring them down with out opening the box.

That's great to know about Pocahontis! I'm definitely going to try that. Even if I still have to open the box to fix the hair/belt situation it will be a fun experiment.

Definitely very nerve wrecking doing the preorder and I thought I was doing myself a favor! It is very cool having the matching COAs - I still need to check that all mine actually do match! I'm glad to know your first set arrived perfect - I'd take that over matching COAs any day! Quality of this second wave is certainly questionable hearing how many times people have needed to exchange! I wonder how many of these dolls as a whole actually look decent in comparison to the amount of rejects. All the horror stories I've been reading are absolutely heartbreaking! I was very fortunate that all my Sleeping Beauty 17" dolls arrived in excellent condition.

That's serious dedication driving to your nearest store for those releases! I wish I had the option of purchasing in store, but my store is also far away - two hours without traffic. I would be devastated to drive all that way and lose the raffle. Actually now that I think about it I don't know if the Ventura store was even listed as a location that carried these, but I could be wrong.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Pocahontas? If so, what did you do?

My dolls finally arrived last night; the UPS driver couldn't find the box at first so he made his other deliveries until it eventually surfaced. I am so relieved, but like many ended up with less than perfect dolls. My Briar Rose case had a huge scratch on the top of the acrylic. Tiana's flower comb fell to the back of the plastic that secured Naveen's head. And OMG poor Pocahontas was a mess. Her tassels went every which way; the black feather was missing entirely at first, but located at the bottom of the box; the rest of her feathers and her hair were all over the place. My heart goes out to all of you experiencing problems with your sets, especially the ones who do not debox. I debox so after about two hours of fixing the entire set, I am finally so excited that they are here.

At one point yesterday, I was actually happy I bought some of last year's sets through ebay. They arrived quickly and perfectly (with the exception of a black smudge on Ariel).

I do not know if I will ever go through the heartache and anxiety of ordering a pre-ordered set again though. This has been an intense experience all around. I say that now, but as my husband points out, I will most likely be doing the same thing next year.

Wishing everyone the best on their dolls.

I was wondering if you guys would know, My mom just ordered my Tiana and Naveen dolls last night. And She got the 2 Day Express shipping in hopes of it getting here on my birthday, but UPS doesn't move on Saturdays, any chance it'll get here Friday (tomorrow?)

Finally My doll set has arrived! COA is 0584 of 6000! Wow! A lower number~:lol:
ek8ncXG.jpg

Finally got notice late last night that my dolls had left the warehouse. According to UPS, they're only a couple states away now and should arrive late tomorrow night. Course, I won't be home, but my aunt said that she'd be willing to wait for the truck for me, which is good since we're in for bad weather tomorrow.

I am so sorry everyone has had so much trouble. I did not even think to look at my dolls until I got them home. The only issue with mine is that Briar Rose has a stain on her back, but with her dress and hair it is hidden. It seems like QC has gone down everywhere.

What do you guys think the chances of having a 17'LE Pocahontas and 17'LE Mulan are considering how the designer dolls have sold? I thought I'd ask since I've seen a few of you mentioning them.

Nothing would make me happier as a Pocahontas fan if they made a 17'LE doll!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back