• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
I'll have to look at mine again but sure she was 500 odd. Out of all my dolls I've never had a lower number I don't think! I'd love to know who has all the number 1's!

My dolls finally arrived last night; the UPS driver couldn't find the box at first so he made his other deliveries until it eventually surfaced. I am so relieved, but like many ended up with less than perfect dolls. My Briar Rose case had a huge scratch on the top of the acrylic. Tiana's flower comb fell to the back of the plastic that secured Naveen's head. And OMG poor Pocahontas was a mess. Her tassels went every which way; the black feather was missing entirely at first, but located at the bottom of the box; the rest of her feathers and her hair were all over the place. My heart goes out to all of you experiencing problems with your sets, especially the ones who do not debox. I debox so after about two hours of fixing the entire set, I am finally so excited that they are here.

At one point yesterday, I was actually happy I bought some of last year's sets through ebay. They arrived quickly and perfectly (with the exception of a black smudge on Ariel).

I do not know if I will ever go through the heartache and anxiety of ordering a pre-ordered set again though. This has been an intense experience all around. I say that now, but as my husband points out, I will most likely be doing the same thing next year.

Wishing everyone the best on their dolls.

Wonderful to hear your dolls arrived! Does make me feel better to know I'm not the only one who had dolls less than satisfactory, but at the same time I feel so awful for everyone experiencing this. It's great that you debox your dolls and were able to fix all the issues that shouldn't have been there to begin with. Pocahontas was definitely the biggest disaster of my set! I've decided that I will debox her, thankfully with the help of my fiancé who is a problem solver and great with these kinds of projects. If I didn't have his help, I would just leave her as she is and put her on a high shelf. Opening these cases is intimidating! I'm not happy about her condition, but I am looking forward to being pushed out of my comfort zone.

Who knows? I might love deboxing and start fixing the things that bother me on other sets. I love the idea of rearranging their position in the boxes. Also I would love to add gems to Tiana'a belt! If all goes well, we'll see if it's addicting enough to continue. Thankfully Pocahontas is a good practice doll for me and if I screw up royally I'm thankful I still have the option to order another for retail.

When you debox do you keep the plastic in the case? Or do you rearrange their positions? Do you ever add anything to them? Also does the case ever secure back on after it's been taken off? Or does it wiggle loose and slip if you were to carry it by the case instead of at the base for instance? It would be so interesting to see people's before and afters! I think I'll do that when I fix Pocahontas.

The great thing about buying through eBay or a seller is you know what you're getting. Especially when they provide detailed photos. It's a great way to be picky about finding and purchasing a set that looks perfect to you. I checked the details of so many different DFDC Jasmine and Rapunzel sets before purchasing them. If I didn't like something as little as a necklace being turned to the side I moved on. If I'm spending double the price I want my dolls to look perfect! Thankfully I am really happy with all the sets I did buy from sellers because I had the option to quality check before hand, so at the end of the day I think it's money well spent!

Haha, yeah our significant others know us best! I'm not planning on preordering a set again, but I could always change my mind. We'll see what kind of collections the future holds. At this point I'm really looking forward to Aladdin releases!

Last edited:
You can remove the case, rearrange the dolls and then put the case back on and nobody would even know. I always remove the case to fix weird positions or stray hairs etc and I am not a deboxer. Once you put the case back on it clicks back into place so is secure and you can carry it by the top aslong as you click it back on properly.

A lot of people seem to worry about the designer cases. It's not deboxing imo unless you take the dolls out or remove the inner packaging holding them in. Just removing the case isn't deboxing as it just goes back on.

Thank you Matthewlondon! All your detailed information is very helpful! I have been wondering about that for so long. It's great to know I'll be able to fix Pocahontas and possibly make adjustments to my other sets without the casing being compromised! I was worried about the case being loose after and keep playing out the horrific idea of trying to place it up high and having it slip and fall to the ground. Glad to know I can check one exaggerated fear off my list!

I was just wondering now all the sets are released and most of us have them in hand - who is your favourite ?
Mine is definitely Aurora, I think Prince Phillip looks so much better in person but Aurora as Briar Rose is gorgeous, I love everything about her. My runner up is Mulan for sure, I love her dress, the colours, the details, the sleeves, everything and Li Shang is my favourite of the males.

What do you guys think the chances of having a 17'LE Pocahontas and 17'LE Mulan are considering how the designer dolls have sold? I thought I'd ask since I've seen a few of you mentioning them.

Nothing would make me happier as a Pocahontas fan if they made a 17'LE doll!

It's true that the Tiana, Pocahontas, and Mulan sets haven't sold that well. However, the 17" LE dolls tend to be more popular and also sell better than the Designer dolls. So hopefully they will still make 17" LE Pocahontas and Mulan dolls. I really want a 17" LE Pocahontas as well as a 17" LE Kida.

I think it's only likely if they release a diamond edition of their blurays. Aside from new releases, that seems to be the only way to get a 17" doll. And I agree that the sales of the designer dolls don't really matter. Tiana's 17" doll sold just fine and continues to go high on the secondary market. It's just a matter of Pocahontas and Mulan having their year. It's too bad their movies got the batch treatment.

But really, what's left after Aladdin next year? Will the cycle restart with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?

It's true that the Tiana, Pocahontas, and Mulan sets haven't sold that well. However, the 17" LE dolls tend to be more popular and also sell better than the Designer dolls. So hopefully they will still make 17" LE Pocahontas and Mulan dolls. I really want a 17" LE Pocahontas as well as a 17" LE Kida.

I'm new to doll collecting and don't really know how Disney works when it comes to them which is why I was worried about the low sales of Pocahontas and Mulan affecting their 17"LE chances. It would be an absolute dream if they did make one of her! I would love 17"LE Kida and 17"LE Esmeralda - along with Pocahontas, they've been my favourites since I was a little girl :)

I wish they'd make Megara, Kida, etc. If Disney are so worried about sales (even though the demand for other LEs appears to be high) they could make them lower in number.

I highly doubt they will begin the cycle again. If they were to do so, they may give us different dolls from the film, but I find it very unlikely. However, Disney is always full of surprises. It would be so nice to get dolls from that were not released the first time around. Snow White- Evil Queen, Beauty & the Beast-Beast or Gaston, Tangled-Eugene/Flynn or Rapunzel's Parents, Cinderella-Fairy God Mother or Prince Charming, Brave-Fergus, The Little Mermaid-King Triton, Athena, Vanessa or Ariel in Pink Dress, Princess and the Frog-Naveen, Charlotte or Dr. Faciler. Of course we all have hopes and dreams of dolls that have not been featured yet period with movie releases. I dream of a Hercules, Megara, Esmeralda, Pocahontas, Mulan, Hades. I am hoping we get Aladdin as Prince Ali if they release him <3 so many endless possibilities.

The only thing that worries me with a LE 17 Pocahontas what can they do different with her outfit that hasn't been done in the designer doll. It's not like you can super glam it up. I think eventually they will do her. I really want a Evil queen and would love if they put some Regina influence into it.

The only thing that worries me with a LE 17 Pocahontas what can they do different with her outfit that hasn't been done in the designer doll. It's not like you can super glam it up. I think eventually they will do her. I really want a Evil queen and would love if they put some Regina influence into it.

Oh it would be absolutely amazing if they put some Regina influence into it!!!

I found this looking around, I would really love a 17" LE Pocahontas either very very movie accurate or something like this ones specially the first one.

AnotherPocahontaslook.jpg
AnotherPocahontaslook2.jpg
AnotherPocahontaslook3.jpg
And of course I also really want 17" Mulan and Jasmine along with more villains :D.

In the 90's their was a Poca doll that was released in a tribal/ceremonial robe. I think if they did a 17" doll in that style not only would it look great, but it would justify the price tag. I really want a Pocahontas 17" doll, but if all they are going to do is glam up her it will not be worth $120. As much as I love the Poca designer set, I really wish they would have taken a different approach with her cloths. I know she only has one outfit in movie one, but they could have done something different, that is one of the themes with the designer dolls.

Been a bit busy as of late, but my set finally came Friday night. Thankfully, they all arrived safely and nearly in perfect condition. There were a couple of smudges across Briar Rose's case (which I may have done myself while examining the dolls) and Pocahontas' dress has issues (the fringes got stuck in her hair), but these are such quick fixes that I don't care!

Best of luck to those who are still waiting for their dolls to arrive!

I finally got my DFDC shelves set up, so now I can share. It's not the greatest quality because I had to take it with the lights off (to avoid the glare)...

Love your display with the slipcovers above each set! You always have such great ideas for displaying your dolls. :)

Wow thanks <3

But this doll season called for a
complete overhaul on my display, so the room is a
mess
right now while I reconstruct :(

Can't wait till its done!!

I highly doubt they will begin the cycle again. If they were to do so, they may give us different dolls from the film, but I find it very unlikely. However, Disney is always full of surprises. It would be so nice to get dolls from that were not released the first time around. Snow White- Evil Queen, Beauty & the Beast-Beast or Gaston, Tangled-Eugene/Flynn or Rapunzel's Parents, Cinderella-Fairy God Mother or Prince Charming, Brave-Fergus, The Little Mermaid-King Triton, Athena, Vanessa or Ariel in Pink Dress, Princess and the Frog-Naveen, Charlotte or Dr. Faciler. Of course we all have hopes and dreams of dolls that have not been featured yet period with movie releases. I dream of a Hercules, Megara, Esmeralda, Pocahontas, Mulan, Hades. I am hoping we get Aladdin as Prince Ali if they release him <3 so many endless possibilities.

I just watched Hunchback again. Loved it. Absolutely loved it. Such a serious but beautiful film. I'd love them to do a third series of couples. But I doubt it. If i was to include another five couples it would be:

Kristoff & Anna
Esmeralda & Phoebus
Wendy & Peter
Hercules & Megara
Tarzan & Jane

(Or Jessie & Buzz!)

Probably won't happen but would love it.

Alternatively I'd love them to do a new series of couples: Hero & Villain Collection...So Ariel with Ursula, Elsa with Hans, Jasmine (Or Aladdin) with Jafar, Belle with Gaston...etc. Could be interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back