• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
I just watched Hunchback again. Loved it. Absolutely loved it. Such a serious but beautiful film. I'd love them to do a third series of couples. But I doubt it. If i was to include another five couples it would be:

Kristoff & Anna
Esmeralda & Phoebus
Wendy & Peter
Hercules & Megara
Tarzan & Jane

Great ideas. I think I would want these 5 more than the previously released sets. Aside from Kristoff and Anna being my favorite, seeing these other in detailed doll form would be amazing. :)

I found this looking around, I would really love a 17" LE Pocahontas either very very movie accurate or something like this ones specially the first one.

AnotherPocahontaslook.jpg
AnotherPocahontaslook2.jpg
AnotherPocahontaslook3.jpg
And of course I also really want 17" Mulan and Jasmine along with more villains :D.

I love these designs, especially the second one. Hopefully if they do a 17"LE Pocahontas, they'll keep her simple like previous dolls.

I finally get my Designer Pocahontas and John Smith for my birthday tomorrow and I can' wait! :)

Hey, so I was just wondering, does anyone know if there's any way to get new slipcovers for these dolls? My cat decided to sleep on my empty Ariel and Eric (my favorite set -_-) one and crumpled it a bit. Lol

i know it's probably a lost cause but no harm in trying right?

My store had what looked to be a replenishment of their Pocahontas, Tiana, and Mulan sets. Perhaps some people want to see if their store is carrying them again, if you hadn't bought them yet, and want so pick and choose before you buy. :)

Okay, so...I might have missed an earlier mention of this, but does anyone know anything about the LE 100 Snow White Designer dress? It's an actual costume?

I saw an eBay listing that said it was a D23 thing? So did they sell them at the D23 convention?

Making real version of them is an AWESOME idea that I fully support....they just need to expand sizes and up the edition number. :)

Okay, so...I might have missed an earlier mention of this, but does anyone know anything about the LE 100 Snow White Designer dress? It's an actual costume?

I saw an eBay listing that said it was a D23 thing? So did they sell them at the D23 convention?

Making real version of them is an AWESOME idea that I fully support....they just need to expand sizes and up the edition number. :)

I saw them on the Disney Store Website when the released the first Fairytale dolls.

Disney definitely needs to make more high quality adult costumes. I think they are a little cautious about making such expensive costumes because the LE Oz Great and Powerful costumes didn't sell well. Glinda's was retailing for $350 and went on sale for $20. The Snow White one, I believe was on the website for a decent amour of time.

I know Disney is scared to take merchandise risks. They made too much Brave and Tangled Merchandise, that didn't sell as much as they would have liked. Then the get too scared and under produce Frozen to avoid bad sales. I would love to see them take more risks and make more merchandise geared towards adults. Personally, I would love to see and LE Frozen Adult costume, and Honey Lemon one too. :D

Thankfully, the DS finally sent out my replacement set and I got it today. They told me it wouldn't be sent out until next week so I was very happy and surprised that they shipped it out early and it got here in two days. As a whole, the set is in considerably much better condition than the first one they sent, so I am very glad I asked for a replacement. All of the dolls except Mulan needed adjustments and tidying up, but all in all no major issues.

The only one that still bothers me a little is Aurora--her eyelash was glued too low and her bangs are uneven and in her face. Her case also has a scratch on the front and a very small tear in the cardboard insert behind Phillip. She is one of my favorites so I am a little disappointed she didn't arrive in better condition, but I guess I can live with it.

There seem to have been so many people that had quality problems with this release. I don't have any of the first Fairytale couples set so I don't know if those dolls had the same issues, but to me the designer couples dolls don't reach the same standard as the "17 LE dolls (is it even fair to compare?) or even the Tinkerbell and Zarina dolls from earlier this year. I think the Designer Fairy's are just stunning and are really well made. The details on Zarina's costume alone make her one of my favorite dolls. I don't know, maybe the stress and hassle I had to deal with for this set is just coloring my perception at the moment, but I just don't feel the thrill with this set that I get from some of my other dolls. After this release and the SB release, I'm feeling some major doll-fatigue. I hope Disney doesn't release anything else for a few months at least. I need a break!

Hello, can anyone tell me what kind of bodies the couples has? Is it the same as classic dolls? There're three couples left at the disney store website, but I'm on the fence about picking any up.

Thankfully, the DS finally sent out my replacement set and I got it today. They told me it wouldn't be sent out until next week so I was very happy and surprised that they shipped it out early and it got here in two days. As a whole, the set is in considerably much better condition than the first one they sent, so I am very glad I asked for a replacement. All of the dolls except Mulan needed adjustments and tidying up, but all in all no major issues.

The only one that still bothers me a little is Aurora--her eyelash was glued too low and her bangs are uneven and in her face. Her case also has a scratch on the front and a very small tear in the cardboard insert behind Phillip. She is one of my favorites so I am a little disappointed she didn't arrive in better condition, but I guess I can live with it.

There seem to have been so many people that had quality problems with this release. I don't have any of the first Fairytale couples set so I don't know if those dolls had the same issues, but to me the designer couples dolls don't reach the same standard as the "17 LE dolls (is it even fair to compare?) or even the Tinkerbell and Zarina dolls from earlier this year. I think the Designer Fairy's are just stunning and are really well made. The details on Zarina's costume alone make her one of my favorite dolls. I don't know, maybe the stress and hassle I had to deal with for this set is just coloring my perception at the moment, but I just don't feel the thrill with this set that I get from some of my other dolls. After this release and the SB release, I'm feeling some major doll-fatigue. I hope Disney doesn't release anything else for a few months at least. I need a break!

I am so happy to hear you received your replacement set! And it's wonderful that your new dolls are in much better condition! That's too bad about Aurora, she's definitely one of my favorites, too! Nonetheless I'm glad that the other couples looked good and it was worth the hassle of doing the exchange after all!

I agree about not feeling the thrill from this set and perhaps it's partly because of the excitement I had intially making the order and watching everyone else get their dolls, followed by the stress and anxiety from Disney's mistakes. I was honestly more excited to receive the two dolls I was missing from the first set vs the five dolls from this one, which I got on my doorstep all in the same day.

This past weekend I traded the extra Cinderella I had bought for D23 Snow White - which is my absolute favorite from the DFDC set! I've had my eye on her since before D23 and was unsuccessful in getting her at the event. I am so thankful I got caught up in the moment the night she was released and bought an extra in hopes that someone might trade me for one that I was missing from the first set. It was my first trade and I couldn't be more happy! My entire DFDC set is now complete - I can finally breathe!

As far as quality control, all of the dolls I have from the first set are in great condition, the two I managed to buy during release and the four that I got secondhand. I'm not sure about anyone else's experience, I sure am curious though! I was amazed at all the damage I've seen and the stories I've read for the second set! I can't remember do you plan on getting any from the first set? Also what are your favorite of the 17" dolls? So far I only own 17" Blue Aurora, Maleficent and Philip. I also just ordered Ariel, which I am SO excited about. I had skipped her because I didn't realize how much larger and detailed they were! It's really a shame that I don't have a Disney Store since I would love to see more of these dolls in person!

Alternatively I'd love them to do a new series of couples: Hero & Villain Collection...So Ariel with Ursula, Elsa with Hans, Jasmine (Or Aladdin) with Jafar, Belle with Gaston...etc. Could be interesting.

This is a great idea! I would LOVE a set with Jafar and Jasmine in her red outfit with that amazing high ponytail! They would look so cool together and packaging could be incredible! Or even battle scenes could be neat, like Aladdin fighting Jafar in snake form or Captain Hook and Peter Pan dueling, ect. As strange as this sounds I would also love to see a unique packaging change. For instance Jasmine trapped inside the hourglass or Alice inside the drink me bottle. Of course these ideas are far from existance. At the end of the day I'm happy with a beautifully detailed doll, but it would be great to see other characters! Personally all this Frozen business isn't my thing, not that I didn't enjoy the movie when I saw it in theaters. I did willingly pass on those dolls and will for future releases as well, unless they expand the DFDC line to include them since I wouldn't want my set to be incomplete! I'm just hoping the future holds more Disney classics. :)

I love seeing other people's displays, I still haven't quite figured out how to display mine.

I'm in the same boat! Does anyone have shelving or a display that they love and are willing to share? I'm looking into buying, but haven't found the right thing yet. I see some displays - like Quasimodo's for instance where everything fits so beautifully it looks like it was made to display these dolls! What dimensions do you opt for the perfect fit? It looks so great when people display both the dolls and their boxes. I am impresed with the displays I have seen that have both designers and 17" - since the size is so different I'm stuggling with how to do that myself without it looking strange. I'm open to any suggestions!

I know lots of people use the billy bookcase from ikea because the shelves are adjustable. I've used them in the past, but now I've been reduced to building my own shelves because I want to max out the space in my Disney room. If you're willing to do that, you can get MDF shelving from Home Depot. They'll cut it to the sizes you want. It takes a lot of planning and then a lot of work and sometimes trial and error. If you don't have mental issues like I clearly do, billy might work for you...

I like the idea of villains and hero, the thing is even though these dolls started in 2011 the popularity has grown considerably since then. That's why I thihk we will continue to see further lines but I just hope thwant get the LE sizes right.

Im liking the discussion about displaying dolls as I've yet to decide how mine will look. Originally I was just going to display the cases but after seeing photos on here with the slip covers they are just too pretty to store away.

This is a great idea! I would LOVE a set with Jafar and Jasmine in her red outfit with that amazing high ponytail! They would look so cool together and packaging could be incredible! Or even battle scenes could be neat, like Aladdin fighting Jafar in snake form or Captain Hook and Peter Pan dueling, ect. As strange as this sounds I would also love to see a unique packaging change. For instance Jasmine trapped inside the hourglass or Alice inside the drink me bottle. Of course these ideas are far from existance. At the end of the day I'm happy with a beautifully detailed doll, but it would be great to see other characters! Personally all this Frozen business isn't my thing, not that I didn't enjoy the movie when I saw it in theaters. I did willingly pass on those dolls and will for future releases as well, unless they expand the DFDC line to include them since I wouldn't want my set to be incomplete! I'm just hoping the future holds more Disney classics. :)

Disney needs to get on this ASAP. I will drop $200 on these dolls if Disney did Heroes v. Villains and had a set with Aladdin, Jasmine, and Jafar. Even if they don't have dolls, I need figurines (or a snow globe) of Aladdin battling Jafar with Jasmine in the hour glass. Someone needs to get on this ASAP

Disney needs to get on this ASAP. I will drop $200 on these dolls if Disney did Heroes v. Villains and had a set with Aladdin, Jasmine, and Jafar. Even if they don't have dolls, I need figurines (or a snow globe) of Aladdin battling Jafar with Jasmine in the hour glass. Someone needs to get on this ASAP

The snow globe of this scene exists! It's an hourglass with Jasmine inside, Jafar wrapped around as the snake, Aladdin with a sword on the carpet, and Genie cheering him on! It's amazing and one of my favorite pieces in my Disney collection! The whole hourglass line is stunning! I only have this one and Alice, but I would love to get more. I don't know how to post pictures on here, but if you google "Aladdin Hourglass" it comes up! There's also one on eBay for $500 if you search the same thing, which I know is a lot, but they have beautiful detailed pictures of it if you're curious! ;)

Thank you! Love your ideas too!!! The possibilities are endless with the options!!! I wouldn't mind paying a bit more. They'd definitely have to get the edition size right. But I could so see heroes and villains work.

Snow White - Evil Queen
Cinderella - Lady Tremaine
Alice - Queen of Hearts
Peter Pan (Or Wendy) - Hook
Aurora - Malificent
Ariel - Ursula
Belle - Gaston
Jasmine - Jafar
Pocahontas - Ratcliffe
Esmerelda - Frollo
Mulan - Shan U
Megara - Hades
Jane Porter - Clayton
Tiana - Doctor Facilier
Rapunzel - Mother Gothel
Vanellope von Schwätz - King Candy
Elsa - Hans

So many options! I've probably missed out a few!

Last edited:
Thank you Quasimodo and LordofAnime for your amazing suggestions! I LOVE both of them, and I'm sure it's helpful to other people here, too! I appreciate this communities willingness to share! Now to decide which would look best with my collection and the space I have available! I may do a combination of one of the Ikea suggestions and shelving so that I can have dolls on every wall in my room! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back