• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
The snow globe of this scene exists! It's an hourglass with Jasmine inside, Jafar wrapped around as the snake, Aladdin with a sword on the carpet, and Genie cheering him on! It's amazing and one of my favorite pieces in my Disney collection! The whole hourglass line is stunning! I only have this one and Alice, but I would love to get more. I don't know how to post pictures on here, but if you google "Aladdin Hourglass" it comes up! There's also one on eBay for $500 if you search the same thing, which I know is a lot, but they have beautiful detailed pictures of it if you're curious! ;)

I have seen that. It is in my "one day I will own this" wish list. However, I do wish Jasmine was in her red outfit.

Apologises if this question has already been asked but I was wondering what's the easiest way to take off the plastic casing on the designer couples? My Dad said to take if off from the bottom so the doll is upside down and when he put it back on to clip, he also did it with the doll upside down which is quite annoying as anyone who has the Pocahontas set will know that the beading on her dress goes everywhere. I don't want to de-box the doll but like I mentioned, Pocahontas' beads and fringe don't stay down and it's starting to annoy a perfectionist like me haha!

Pocahontas is absolutely beautiful though and John Smith looks so much better in person. Mine was quite a high number being 5,245 out of 6,000 and there was no problems with the casing etc so overall, my first experience of buying a limited edition Disney doll has been a very positive one :) fingers crossed for a LE'17 Pocahontas.

I am also wondering how best to open the cases, my Pocahontas is a mess. She was turned upside down as well when trying to get the case out of the shipper box and pieces of her dress are sticking up all over the place, not to mention her hair is messed up now.

There's a black tab at the bottom of the case. You need to stick something up there to open it (plastic chopsticks work well). There'll be a click, then you can separate the pieces. The challenge is making sure you line up the cardboard backing with the plastic tabs inside the clear plastic of the case when you put it back on. Oh, and make sure you close it until you hear that click. Some of mine won't click, so I can open them more easily than I'm supposed to.

I am also wondering how best to open the cases, my Pocahontas is a mess. She was turned upside down as well when trying to get the case out of the shipper box and pieces of her dress are sticking up all over the place, not to mention her hair is messed up now.

The hair on my Pocahontas is fine as it hasn't moved but yeah, the beads and fringe are annoying

There's a black tab at the bottom of the case. You need to stick something up there to open it (plastic chopsticks work well). There'll be a click, then you can separate the pieces. The challenge is making sure you line up the cardboard backing with the plastic tabs inside the clear plastic of the case when you put it back on. Oh, and make sure you close it until you hear that click. Some of mine won't click, so I can open them more easily than I'm supposed to.

Thank you :) I guess with my Pocahontas, I'll just have to have someone hold the doll/base when opening and putting the plastic casing on cause I don't how to open and put it back on without making Pocahontas' dress a mess!

That happened with my Pocahontas, her beads and fringe was a right old state, I hated myself for doing it but I couldn't display her looking a mess!

That happened with my Pocahontas, her beads and fringe was a right old state, I hated myself for doing it but I couldn't display her looking a mess!

I know what you mean! It's so annoying to look at especially as mine is placed where my tv is so I'm constantly staring at her. There must be something in the fabric which makes her beads/fringe stay out of place...

I am so shocked there are still phillip and the others still in stock.

i would buy Tiana if they would lower her price.

I heard from one of the store employees that he's pretty sure they're bringing back Tiana, Mulan, and Pocahontas to the stores for the Black Friday sale. He wasn't sure what the price will be, but they will be on sale.

I saw this on tumblr and it reminded me of what you guys were talking about:
tumblr_nf9ylxdg0G1tgc557o1_500.jpg
tumblr_nf9ylcvBCd1tgc557o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nf9yktUMlw1tgc557o1_500.jpg
tumblr_nb0ziqMrjl1qez00mo1_500.jpg

tumblr_naz2bqLDdb1qez00mo1_500.jpg

I heard from one of the store employees that he's pretty sure they're bringing back Tiana, Mulan, and Pocahontas to the stores for the Black Friday sale. He wasn't sure what the price will be, but they will be on sale.

I hope they show up on sale on DS.com! My local DS doesn't have any of them anymore :(

Just bought Tiana and got $26 off! So she was only like $103.

I had to buy something from the 40% off section to get the 20% off... So I got the eve plush. I'm going to be so mad if in a few weeks tiana is still on the website and they lower her price.

If anyone's interested in the UK, I was at the Trafford Centre the other day and they still had not only Aurora and Phillip in stock, but Aladdin and Jasmine!

If anyone's interested in the UK, I was at the Trafford Centre the other day and they still had not only Aurora and Phillip in stock, but Aladdin and Jasmine!

Wow, how many Aladdin and Jasmines did they have left? I am desperate for them :anxious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back