• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2015 Pin Releases: Let's help each other know about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 Pin Releases: Let's help each other know about them.
Anyone know the status of the DSSH surprise Alice in Wonderland pins? What is sold out? Any of the pins still for sale? The release was like the Olaf Halloween pins that came out, so calling the store won't help.

From what I can tell on the Facebook group, all four Alice pins are still available (and Perla and Creeper PTDs).

Pins-Aladdin-Event-Pin-Front-Web-290x290.jpg
Pins-Aladdin-Event-Pin-Back-Web-290x290.jpg

According to odpt.com, this LE 1000 will be available on the Shop Disney Parks App at 5 p.m. Eastern today.

Pins-Aladdin-Event-Pin-Front-Web-290x290.jpg
Pins-Aladdin-Event-Pin-Back-Web-290x290.jpg

According to odpt.com, this LE 1000 will be available on the Shop Disney Parks App at 5 p.m. Eastern today.

I am annoyed by this. This pin is part of WDW's Surprise series for the year. I've been having my Dad pick them up for me, and now I have to pay shipping to complete my set. I wish they had chosen a "not part of a series" LE pin to make exclusive to the app.

I am annoyed by this. This pin is part of WDW's Surprise series for the year. I've been having my Dad pick them up for me, and now I have to pay shipping to complete my set. I wish they had chosen a "not part of a series" LE pin to make exclusive to the app.

Are you sure it's exclusive to the app? I didn't get the impression that it would not be available in park stores.

Starting on Thursday, September 17 at 5:00p.m. EST, the limited edition Aladdin Adventureland pin will release on the Shop Disney Parks App. This item is limited edition 1,000 and will be limited to two pins per Guest, per transaction; applicable tax and shipping and handling may apply. To find this item in the Shop Disney Parks app, use the keyword search: “Aladdin Adventureland LE 1000 Event Pin”

If it was releasing in the parks too, don't you think they'd mention it?

So people who aren't near the parks can buy a pin with this app and have it shipped to them?

I'm intrigued! Might have to get the app just in case they do more of these!

So people who aren't near the parks can buy a pin with this app and have it shipped to them?

From what I understand, that is the exact purpose for the ap. Not just pins, but park shirts, mugs, photo frames...all sorts of parks merchandise. I think this is Disney's response to people with personal shopping businesses.

Looks like a lot of the pins are still only available via the park stores in person. Disappointing. Was hoping I would be able to get LEs for trading without having to rely on others now. I know it would probably be a pain in the butt to do that though, as pins would likely sell out super fast before park goers even got to visit the shops. Can't really blame them.

I was looking at the app at 5 PM and several times afterwards - never saw the Aladdin pin pop up anywhere? Was there a special section for it? I searched for Aladdin, Adventureland, Pin, etc. as well as the New Releases section.

:(

Same here.

I was looking at the app at 5 PM and several times afterwards - never saw the Aladdin pin pop up anywhere? Was there a special section for it? I searched for Aladdin, Adventureland, Pin, etc. as well as the New Releases section.

:(

They put this up on odpt.com:

[h=2]UPDATE: Please note, today’s release has been postponed.[/h]In order to give Guests the best opportunity possible to enjoy these exciting Limited Edition Pins, we’re postponing this release to fix an ordering issue some Guests are experiencing on iOS 9. Please check back soon for updates on when these pins will be available!

I'm happy for the people who can actually get LE pins at cost, but it would be nice if they introduced their own line of pins that doesn't take away from WDW. It could be similar to the DisneyShopping pins.

Since these are available for pre-order today, I assume it's okay to post a picture? (Mods, please correct me if I'm wrong.) These are pretty amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a lot of the pins are still only available via the park stores in person. Disappointing. Was hoping I would be able to get LEs for trading without having to rely on others now. I know it would probably be a pain in the butt to do that though, as pins would likely sell out super fast before park goers even got to visit the shops. Can't really blame them.

It looks like a lot of limited edition or limited release merchandise is not for sale through the app. I collect art from Wonderground Gallery and half of it you can only get in the parks.

Just saw those adorable boat pins all over Facebook, managed to snag myself Pocahontas! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back