• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2016 Pin Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 Pin Releases
Mmub44S.jpg

Hey! I'll be in WDW on January 12th! :fig:

Does "Resort Quarterly Collection" mean this is only available at the resort hotels? I assume it'll be available at the Traders in Disney Springs...

I GOT IT! :D :D :D It wasn't too bad, took me 17 tries (that sounds awful, wow). But YAY I am so happy.

Thanks for the luck everyone, and the information! I appreciate it!!

I GOT IT! :D :D :D It wasn't too bad, took me 17 tries (that sounds awful, wow). But YAY I am so happy.

Thanks for the luck everyone, and the information! I appreciate it!!

Yay I'm so happy for you!! Which toy did you donate? :) So fun being able to donate toys and get a cool pin. Double the cheer!

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thank you Merlin!

Woohoo! Congrats! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Thank youuuu!

Yay I'm so happy for you!! Which toy did you donate? :) So fun being able to donate toys and get a cool pin. Double the cheer!

I did a call in, but the woman didn't ask what kind of toy I wanted to donate. I would have gone for a plushie of some sort, though. And I know, it's so awesome. I love being able to donate when I can!

Hey! I'll be in WDW on January 12th! :fig:

Does "Resort Quarterly Collection" mean this is only available at the resort hotels? I assume it'll be available at the Traders in Disney Springs...

No, it means it's only available at the Walt Disney World RESORT (vs. the Shanghai Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris Resort, etc). It should be available at Disney Traders, and I think all four parks.

I did a call in, but the woman didn't ask what kind of toy I wanted to donate. I would have gone for a plushie of some sort, though. And I know, it's so awesome. I love being able to donate when I can!
They don't accept plush. There are a lot of toys they don't accept - they're VERY picky at DSF about which toys they'll take and which they won't. I've learned to bring "back up" toys when i go in as they often turn stuff down. This year they turned down Disney Infinity figures I'd brought (which I thought were really cool toys even without the video game!). But I'd brought extra toys that they did accept.

They don't accept plush. There are a lot of toys they don't accept - they're VERY picky at DSF about which toys they'll take and which they won't. I've learned to bring "back up" toys when i go in as they often turn stuff down. This year they turned down Disney Infinity figures I'd brought (which I thought were really cool toys even without the video game!). But I'd brought extra toys that they did accept.
Ahhh. That kinda sucks, but thanks for lettin' me know, haha. And Disney Infinity figures are AWESOME, that sucks that they turned them down. But good job bringing back ups!

Aw, that sucks! I'd be so let down if I brought in a toy and they turned it down.

Kind of odd they're so picky, as I know for a fact Toys for Tots accepts just about anything in new condition. (My family donates over a hundred toys to them and Spark of Love every year.)

And I like the Infinity characters, too! I don't even play video games. They're just nice figures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aw, that sucks! I'd be so let down if I brought in a toy and they turned it down.

Kind of odd they're so picky, as I know for a fact Toys for Tots accepts just about anything in new condition. (My family donates over a hundred toys to them and Spark of Love every year.)

And I like the Infinity characters, too! I don't even play video games. They're just nice figures!

:0

You don't play videogames? What kind of monster are you?! XD

:0

You don't play videogames? What kind of monster are you?! XD

LOL. I was actually raised in a house where they were not allowed. Growing up, I thought they were cool in the way any kid thinks forbidden stuff is cool (R-rated movies, etc.).

Then, after high school, I dated a guy who was literally obsessed with them. Like, many of our "dates" consisted of me sitting on the couch watching him play (solo) for hours straight, while straight up ignoring me. The first time he slept over at my house, I caught him in the middle of the night installing Warcraft on my computer.

He had actually thought ahead to bring the damn CD-Roms and waited for me to fall asleep.

Annnd... video games lost their allure for me. Fast.

(I know most gamers aren't like this; this was just my personal experience and reason why I'm not a fan of the lifestyle. God knows I have my own quirks and addictions.)

Last edited:
LOL. I was actually raised in a house where they were not allowed. Growing up, I thought they were cool in the way any kid thinks forbidden stuff is cool (R-rated movies, etc.).

Then, after high school, I dated a guy who was literally obsessed with them. Like, many of our "dates" consisted of me sitting on the couch watching him play (solo) for hours straight, while straight up ignoring me. The first time he slept over at my house, I caught him in the middle of the night installing Warcraft on my computer.

He had actually thought ahead to bring the damn CD-Roms and waited for me to fall asleep.

Annnd... video games lost their allure for me. Fast.

(I know most gamers aren't like this; this was just my personal experience and reason why I'm not a fan of the lifestyle. God knows I have my own quirks and addictions.)

That guy sounds awful! XD I've only met a few hardcore World of Warcraft players, and they were all pretty into the game.

Yeah, it's just DSF being choosy as everything they've turned down I was still able to donate to Toys for Tots and other charities, too, because they're new/unwrapped/in package/with tags toys. But pretty much every year they've turned down different toys - they change the rules almost every year on what they will or won't accept in trade for their pins. That's why I always have my "back up" toys - and whatever gets refused finds a home anyway, just not via DSF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back