• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2016 PTD Discussion Thread - NEW PINS 12/31/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 PTD Discussion Thread - NEW PINS 12/31/16
Every year there is a big official trading event in Florida in late summer/fall. They have a bunch of boards where Disney displays pins that are going to be released within the next year. DSF had a few boards with event pins, and they also had a board dedicated to just PTDs. They previewed around 50-60 PTDs.

About half of the PTDs that have been released since the trade event were on that preview board (Bing Bong, Mermaid Ariel, Baby Pegasus, etc.), but about half were not on the board and have been surprises.

I counted 16 that were previewed but haven't come out yet. Who knows what others are lurking about waiting to be released.

Every year there is a big official trading event in Florida in late summer/fall. They have a bunch of boards where Disney displays pins that are going to be released within the next year. DSF had a few boards with event pins, and they also had a board dedicated to just PTDs. They previewed around 50-60 PTDs.

About half of the PTDs that have been released since the trade event were on that preview board (Bing Bong, Mermaid Ariel, Baby Pegasus, etc.), but about half were not on the board and have been surprises.

Oh, thanks for sharing that (andAidanShepard too!). Are the boards only available in person at these events/ locations or are they online (not just DPF forums if someone posts a pic)?

15800480_1395319737186125_5431656582689657578_o.jpg

Thank you for sharing that link! Where was this event? Does it happen every year?

Also, there are now 2 more PTD's released?

There is a pin event every year in Florida. Someone else will be better equipped to give you details, since I just creep the pictures once folks start posting, ha.

And yes, the PTDs have flipped. I know you're new, so if you don't already know this, they release two at a time (current rules ... it used to be one at a time, and then three, but now two). When BOTH pins have sold out, they release another batch. And so on. Sometimes it takes a month for a flip ... but when the characters are popular, it can flip two or even three times in a day!

Last edited:
There is a pin event every year in Florida. Someone else will be better equipped to give you details, since I just creep the pictures once folks start posting, ha.

And yes, the PTDs have flipped. I know you're new, so if you don't already know this, they release two at a time (current rules ... it used to be one at a time, and then three, but now two). When BOTH pins have sold out, they release another batch. And so on. Sometimes it takes a month for a flip ... but when the characters are popular, it can flip two or even three times in a day!

Nope, did not know that! Man, this is all blowing my mind! Thanks for the enlightenment :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back