2018 Anaheim Golden Magic PTE: March 24, 2018 - What did you get?

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by starry_solo, Feb 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

PinPics, Disney King Pins, Pinopolis, and Hot Art presents - 2018 Golden Magic Pin Trading Event!
    Saturday March 24th
    Pin Trading 6pm to 11pm (after 7 pm it is free to all guests)

Trading Table packages available

Premium Trading from 6pm to 7pm for Pinpics Gold Members, Trading Table Packages, and Early Entry Packages Only

Doors open to general public at 7 pm; Pinopolis Pin Games from 9-11 pm

Details:

PinPics/Disney King Pin Trading Package

• 1 3'x6' trading table w/two chairs.
    • 2 Tix to trade from AMAZING PinPics LE trading boards* (Gold Member and Trading Tables ONLY)
    • Early access to HotArt premium LE100 releases.
    • 2 king pin trading board tickets and 10 raffle tickets which will be used for door prizes/giveaways for VIP Trading Table.
    • 2 king pin trading board tickets and 6 raffle tickets which will be used for door prizes/giveaways for Premium Trading Table.
    VIP Trading Table from 6-11pm - $75/TABLE (SOLD OUT)
    Premium Trading Table from 6-9pm - $50/TABLE (only 3 left!)

**As far as I can tell, the difference between VIP and Premium (for the $25 cost) is 4 raffle tickets. I did confirm with admin from Disney King Pins that the Premium Tables also get the two tickets for the PinPics LE Trading Boards**

PinPics/Disney King Pin Early Entry Trading - 30 spots available
    Come trade from 6-7pm before general entry and be one of the first to order the new releases. You will also receive 1 king pin trading board ticket and 2 raffle tickets will be used for door prizes/giveaways.
    - Cost $20 per person
    - COMPLIMENTARY FOR GOLD MEMBERS

2. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

BTW, each table seats two, so you could always share with someone else (sis & I are sharing a table)

3. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

Apparently I didn't put where the event was going to take place, which is good because they went and changed it!

Sheraton Garden Grove Hotel
    Emerald/White Diamond ballroom
    12221 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove, CA 92840

Event discount Parking $5.00

4. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

These LE 100 pins are going to be released:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  5. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    88   0   0

I'm attending. I purchase the $20 early entry/trade ticket. :)

starry_solo likes this.
  6. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

Beautiful pins....boy, it sucks living in Ohio...

7. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

Yay! Since and I were going to do that too, but then decided, just kick in the extra $10 (to make it $50) for a table!

8. this_and_that

this_and_that Active Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

I’m really looking forward to this PTE, for I do my very best trading at hard-ticket events.

Connies_Hobby and starry_solo like this.
  9. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

Did you get the VIP table or the premium? We were thinking about the VIP (for another $25) but decided just to stick to the $50 table :) We are so glad to have a table and seats :)

10. this_and_that

this_and_that Active Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

I got the VIP table.

Sami and starry_solo like this.
  11. Connies_Hobby

Rating - 100%
    88   0   0

If anyone wants to upgrade to a VIP table for $50...
    And I can upgrade, I am willing to pitch in the extra $5.

starry_solo likes this.
  12. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

Maybe someone can upgrade to the premium table?

13. Connies_Hobby

Rating - 100%
    88   0   0

...remember, admission after 7 is Free...Free...FREE.

starry_solo and watzshakinbacon like this.
  14. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Forgot I had other plans scheduled for this same night, so I won't be able to make it

15. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

Have fun! I look forward to seeing what everyone winds up with. :)

16. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

I wish I could go but i have too much to do tomorrow :[ have fun, everyone!

17. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I will be there! Didn't even see this thread... >.>

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

18. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Have fun Sami!

Sami likes this.
  19. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

20. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Thanks Lucy!! Hoping it will be most fun! ^___^

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

21. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

starry_solo likes this.
  22. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

OK, here's what I got:

[​IMG]

The 3 horses are from the King Pins LE for LE trading board. I had two tickets because I bought the $50 table and @KILJOY667 gave me his that he got as an early entry guest. The Thor ACME and the LE100 Bambi ACME are from PinPics' LE for LE trading board. And now that I think about it, I already have a Thor ACME pin as part of the character key zap I got from @coblj003 . UGH, I knew I should have grabbed Luke Skywalker.

The Wasabi and Hans Villaintine LEs were trades while waiting in line for the King Pins board.

The Fox & the Hound BT was a trade I made with a guest. I kind of regret it as BTs aren't my "main" collection, but yet another side collection. I traded 3 pins for it, but I think the trader overvalued the BT and mine was undervalued. Ah well. :p

I saw @Connies_Hobby , who was at the registration desk with my sister, @jadeites-lady. Also saw @this_and_that and, of course, @KILJOY667. Oh, and @bombardon3. Okay, another weird DPF member that can't be tagged.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  23. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

So, how did the event run? Sis & I showed up shortly before 5 pm, since she was signed up to help with registration from 5 pm to 7 pm (originally, she had signed up for trading boards from 6-7 pm, but then was moved to registration).

Once you registered, you were given your event credentials (lanyard with name and information about what you had purchased, if you bought a table). Then you were given a wristband and you could enter the ballroom where the event was held. Once you entered, you had to find a table with the name of the type of table you bought (VIP or premium). I bought premium and found the first available premium table that was close to the front. There were six rows back, six rows across, so 36 total tables. I was in the fifth row, lol. I let @bombardon3 know we had arrived so he could come by and share my table since @jadeites-lady wouldn't be inside until 7 pm, which is when it was free admission for everyone. Plus, he was delivering these cute little green men plushies from Japan that I bought from him for sis (not pictured in my pin haul).

It was pretty quiet as not a lot of premium/VIP people showed up until closer to 6 pm. First up for the King Pins Trading Boards were those with the pink tickets - that was VIP. Then red tickets - premium. Then green tickets - early entry. Then blue tickets - premium. Then purple tickets - VIP. And then we were done with that.

After the first round for premium was done, I heard sis' name called for the PinPics trading board so I went with the lanyard to trade on the boards (I paid for the table with sis' PayPal account). I traded a basic LE for the LE100 Bambi. Then, I had to wait at the tables next to them so I could get the box. I confirmed with Lenny (owner of PinPics) that we would get a second round. @this_and_that was right after me and she got the LE100 Mickey & Minnie at the fireplace - a pin I was seriously considering over Bambi, but as I am trying to cut down on M&M pins, I figured Bambi would be a safe bet. Psst....It'll be up for sale in the marketplace section of our forum soon. :)

I wandered back to the tables where people were lined up, trying to trade. I went through books, didn't see much for our collections, and turned most down, except for the Fox & the Hound BT...which as I said before, I kind of regret doing.

King Pins also had a free raffle and I won on one of my six tickets (@KILJOY667 gave me two of his, but no luck with his). That's where I got the Cheshire emoji, Park Starz vinylmation, and the pen from :)

All in all, it was a good event. I much prefer trading boards to trading with people, for the most part.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  24. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

Sounds like fun and that the trading boards are really good! I would love to get that M&M fireplace pin. Maybe next year I can go.. since I won't have a thesis to worry about haha

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2018
  25. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

Forgot to mention, someone had this super great pin set to trade. Unfortunately, I did not have the pins the trader was looking for :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AshleyV likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.