• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2018 Animation Celebration Pin Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 Animation Celebration Pin Previews
Holy geez!

That Robin Hood film strip looks amazing!

Aaaah, those PTDs! Mim as as snake! CHIP AND DALE IN THEIR RESCUE RANGERS OUTFITS! A hilarious Beast and a properly-sized Mulan! At least aside from PTDs and that Judy ice cream bucket I'm otherwise safe from DSF (barring surprise releases).

I am a bit confused by the Heroes preview board. It says it's a set of 35 pins in total; they revealed 19 and have 11 silhouette question marks, so there should only be 5 left, but the post-it note says 6, which I'm guessing means 6 more? But that would make it 36 total. Most of the Heroes look great, though I'm surprised that they used the Fair Folk on Taran's instead of his sword. Ahd so many of them aren't holding anything.

Ooh, it's hard to tell what the Dole Whip-looking HMs are, but I do spy some new Ace ones in the WDW series.

Oh my god another Sitron pin, IM WEEPING.

Back in summer 2013 my friends and in the (extremely early) Frozen fandom got sick of calling Hans’s horse “Hans’s horse” and we nicknamed him Lemon. We tweeted Jennifer Lee the name and she said “how about lemon in Norwegian - Sitron?” (I legit got teary eyed at “Sitron” actually being written on last year’s d23 pin.)

He’s my horse son and I NEED HIM.

That's amazing! Congrats on contributing something to the Disney canon! :D

Ooh, that Scar Windows of Evil pin. I'll have to see it in person before I decide to get it or not. I like the concept but a lot of those pins look too busy in person for my taste.

I am a bit confused by the Heroes preview board. It says it's a set of 35 pins in total; they revealed 19 and have 11 silhouette question marks, so their should only be 5 left, but the post-it note says 6, which I'm guessing means 6 more? But that would make it 36 total. Most of the Heroes look great, though I'm surprised that they used the Fair Folk on Taran's instead of his sword. Ahd so many of them aren't holding anything.

The 35 looks like a sticker added on top, so I think they messed up their math and forgot to change the 6 at the bottom.

Also as a side note: Tarzan has changed so he’s holding a vine instead of his spear and there’s much less loincloth action going on. I guess MOG got some important feedback out of that leak when people were, ahem, making some inappropriate comments about Tarzan ... ;)

Ahd so many of them aren't holding anything.

Does holding fists up count? Cause you know how it is, when you get those manly urges.....

EmIcivh.png

(How sad/beautiful would it have been if Shang were holding his father's helmet...?)

That's amazing! Congrats on contributing something to the Disney canon! :D

Ooh, that Scar Windows of Evil pin. I'll have to see it in person before I decide to get it or not. I like the concept but a lot of those pins look too busy in person for my taste.

Not gonna lie, I'm actually grateful the QoH window doesn't appeal to me. Once less thing to suck $$$ out of my bank account this fall. :D

The 35 looks like a sticker added on top, so I think they messed up their math and forgot to change the 6 at the bottom.

Also as a side note: Tarzan has changed so he’s holding a vine instead of his spear and there’s much less loincloth action going on. I guess MOG got some important feedback out of that leak when people were, ahem, making some inappropriate comments about Tarzan ... ;)
They scooched up Jim Hawkins tho too, they also probably remembered they're "profiles" so they only need to show so much of the body haha

I have a lot more pics to post when I get back to the house. I know Merlin posted a lot in the other thread but I like having them all in one place.

The WOE are kind of meh. The scar and Kaa are the only 2 that appeal to me. The others look like they wanted to just get the set done and out of the way.

Updating the account with more pics now. Have all the Resort Holiday pins and the others that were in the book and WDW/ DLR. Shanghai pins too, but I think those are all the ones that have already been released. Those dang Zootopia cars are so cute!

This event was such a time crunch for me... I never had time to look at the upcoming releases... So thank you all for sharing these pictures.

Three dssh Cheshire cats being released this fall.... What?!?

A six pin set of Mickey mouse from wdi.... What?!?

I did not Dodge the beautiful pin release/htf bullet with this preview. (... And silly me was considering taking a break/cutting back.)

So many fantastic Cheshire pins being released! And all of those Lucifer pins for my mother! Say what?!?

Thanks so much for these absolutely amazing pictures @hopemax . I hope you're having a wonderful time at WDW!

This event was such a time crunch for me... I never had time to look at the upcoming releases... So thank you all for sharing these pictures.

Three dssh Cheshire cats being released this fall.... What?!?

A six pin set of Mickey mouse from wdi.... What?!?

I did not Dodge the beautiful pin release/htf bullet with this preview. (... And silly me was considering taking a break/cutting back.)

FYI: Go back and read the card for the WDI - Mickey Mouse series; it is 12 pin series, not 6 pins. Because there is also D23 Destination D logo next to that preview. I'm assuming that 12 pins will be released at the WDI popup store in the Contemporary Resort during the Destination D event.

FYI: Go back and read the card for the WDI - Mickey Mouse series; it is 12 pin series, not 6 pins. Because there is also D23 Destination D logo next to that preview. I'm assuming that 12 pins will be released at the WDI popup store in the Contemporary Resort during the Destination D event.
Sigh... Going back to the 'time to take a break', since this seems impossible...

Yeah, I’m thinking the rocking horses are also destination D. It makes sense, the matching Horse profile set was for D23 expo and I can’t imagine them doing waves of horse pins at WDI.

Which means I, a cast member with access to wdi pins, will be needing to trade for some horsies. WINK WINK.

Ugh, why does DSF hate me so?

And parks. Ye gods how I love that WDW hidden mickey Wonderland set. Like crazy love them. But it's not gonna be fun begging for folks to help me try to complete the set! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back