2018 docfish2u's annual pin party

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by docfish2u, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinasaurus

Pinasaurus PinPics: Pinasaurus

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Apologies off the hop if I mis-tag anyone. I'm still processing all the new names and faces! I had a great time at the event, thank you everyone for saying hi & saying nice things about my sewing! I'm the one with the handmade lanyards & disney bag pouch thingies : )

[​IMG]

Thank you to @AshleyV for the desk tsum buddy and my FIRST ever puzzle pin, and to @CanaDaLE & @pretty Omi for subsequently helping my first puzzle set grow by 30%.
    Thank you @starry_solo for the Planes marquee, @Romancing_Train for the O'malley (I have the other alphabets of them, but dangit I've just been told there's no matching Duchess and I don't know how I'm gonna cope!) and @Blurkishgirl for the cookies that survived the commute home in delicious form, albeit not intact.

I'm glad I could rehome some sparkly traders, and hope y'all enjoy your pins as much as I will enjoy mine!

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Kiragigi, starry_solo and AshleyV like this.
  2. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    509   0   0

Ooh, this reminds me, off to leave positive feedback for
    @Jrdnsmom x 2 (one for you, one for dad)
    @timeerkat x 2 (one for trade, one for sale)
    @Diablo (trade)
    @Pinasaurus (trade)
    @Ksnuggles (trade)

I hope you will leave positive feedback for me in return! :D

Pinasaurus likes this.
  3. Blurkishgirl

Blurkishgirl Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Thank you Amy and David for hosting such a fun event. We appreciate everyone who traded with us, it was so wonderful seeing everyone. Special thanks to AshleyV for the beautiful zap, CanaDaLE for my kinder eggs and Timeerkat for the goodie bag. [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Kiragigi likes this.
  4. Goofy_Moe

Goofy_Moe Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

Where are all the pics of my pin friends.... more people pics please... I need to see how old Dave has gotten since I seen him last... :p

bookhugger likes this.
  5. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Post those pictures, people! Especially since @Goofy_Moe is here, back on the forums from whichever cave out of which he crawled ... and we'd like him to stay!

6. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

YES! How can you go to Marie Calendars and NOT get pie?! :p:D

7. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

I'll post the pins I got later, but here's the only picture I took to see if my camera was working lol. XD[​IMG]

Kiragigi likes this.
  8. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

And it wasn't working so you stopped taking photos. :)

9. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Pretty much. XD

10. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0

I'm happy everyone had such a good time! More pictures :p

Kiragigi likes this.
  11. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

[​IMG]

12. snwwht85

snwwht85 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Thank you David and Amy for throwing this great party. Had a good time just chillin with friends. Got a few trades in tho. Thank you to @Sami for our trades, been a few months in the making lol. Thank you to @LadyBarclay for the cute gosling figure zap. A big thank you to @AshleyV for the fantastic trade and the wonderful zaps and for including my gf who's not on here. Thank you too a couple other people I traded with, I'm sorry I didn't catch names.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

momin.ator, AshleyV and Sami like this.
  13. snwwht85

snwwht85 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

My gf got a mini lady tsum tsum figure from @pretty Omi and she can't find it. If anyone found one at the event, if you could please contact me or @pretty Omi. It's the style like this sally[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

14. Pinasaurus

Pinasaurus PinPics: Pinasaurus

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Well at least you caught my good side! : o o_O

15. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

You have a self-designated bad side? XD

Pinasaurus likes this.
  16. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Holy Moly, do I have a lot to write up. What a pin party!
    So I started off picking up @PixiePost! She gave me a little gift right away! A panda bag! I didn't open it till a little later, but omg, it had Lion Guard cards, a Lost Boys postcard, Fantastic Mr Fox coaster, an adorable fox lanyard, a Lost Boys Cubby keychain AND a Porg PEZ?! Are you kidding me! And this is before the event even really started!! I already knew it was gonna be a good day!
    [​IMG]

As soon as we got there, we saw @Romancing_Train and Mimi, cuz they parked right next to us! We came inside and found some space to join the group for lunch. I got some pre-arranged trades from @timeerkat and she zapped me the Shanghai Zootopia eggs! Wow!
    I think @AshleyV came in next and that girl. Omg. Zapapalooza!! Not only did I get a Sarabi/Simba pin off my wants but look at this!!
    [​IMG]
    So many tsum tsums! All my favorites! Lion King, Zootopia, LOKI! AND TINY PORGS OMG!!!

I think after that, the trading got underway. Everything else is such a blur! I got so many pins! And so many more goodies! I will just post some photos, and then I'll post all my thank yous! (Also this picture isn't wholly accurate because I traded several pins to @Pinasaurus that I got during the event LOL)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you @docfish2u for my Porg nametag button, and the Tinkerbell May pins! My birthday lanyard just got shinier!
    Thank you @mutespittah for the pickup of Sergeant Tibbs, and for trading me the Marie PTD (which just SO reminds me of my cat Sidney), and the Porg surprise pin! I never thought I'd get that one!
    Thank you @Sami for getting me an Ursula window for Nana, she absolutely loved it!
    Thank you @Pinasaurus for the lovely mice clusters and Captain Amelia! I hope next time we get more trades for your lanyards, but your Disney plastic zipper bags were a hit haha
    Thank you @timeerkat for the per-arranged trades for the Lost Boys and the Skylar PTD, the zaps, AND then trading me the two Timon and Pumbaa pins (which were for Colleen) and the Jake PTD I was really hoping to find during the event
    Thank you again @AshleyV for the Simba/Sarabi pin zap!
    Thank you @Shelterkat for the zap of the Brer Fox figurine, and the Simba/Nala pin trade!
    Thank you @Jrdnsmom for the Flynn/Rapunzel set, and the Prince John which was for my pal Colleen
    Thank you to @AvatarAng1 for giving me the little Sarabi and Sarabi/Mufasa pins that went with the other Belgium LK pins I traded for! (I don't know if the trader we got these from is on the group?)
    Thank you @Blurkishgirl for the delicious cookie, and thanks to your husband for the lovely Princess Leia pin
    Thank you to @CanaDaLE for the Kraft Dinner!!! (omg I forgot a photo lol), the candy bars, and the trade for the LK puzzle pieces!
    Thanks @Romancing_Train for the Lady L, sexy Ursula (Nana cracked up over that one), even more LK puzzle pieces, and the fantasy pins! Oh and all the toy trading! And the name badge art!
    Thank you to @unibear for the Tito PTD and Shenzi puzzle piece!
    Thank you @PixiePost for being my buddy for part of the day, for the goodie bag and for the Baron pin!

I am officially only one piece away from completing the LK puzzle! If anyone has Pin 101712 Character Connection Puzzle Mystery Collection - The Lion King - Scar ONLY - HIT ME UP!!

Thank you again David and Amy for hosting such an amazing event, I had so much fun chatting with Amy throughout the day!

Also dang, it's like you guys all know I love foxes and porgs? ;)

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  17. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Here's my semi-complete pin haul from the event:[​IMG]

This isn't the complete haul as many pins have already gone to my family's respective collections, but this event was great! :D

Here's how most of my interactions with people went:

Trader: "Hello, do you have this Lion King pin yet?"

Me: "Nope, but I'd love to trade for it."

Trader: "That's alright, you can just have it."

I barley got to trade for anything I wanted, you guys are too nice! Stop throwing pins at me people! XD

Pretty_Omi kept just handing stuff to me relentlessly, Pixiepost and Tessa gave me goodie bags, and typical AshleyV gave me a Scar grail! XD

You guys are too much and it was great talking to everyone again, and meeting so many new faces as well! :D

Thank you all and I'll hopefully see everyone next year! :)

mickeymousje, Kiragigi and pretty Omi like this.
  18. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

In case anyone was wondering, this is the actual footage of me throwing Ang's Scar grail at him:

[​IMG]

19. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Strangely accurate. XD

20. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

It just goes to show: we really do have the best members! It sounds like @docfish2u hosted a wonderful party and everyone had an amazing time - this is exactly what we love to hear. Keep these stories coming and posting those pictures!

21. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

I didn't actually take any photos! I was too busy stuffing my face with pie. ;) (Seriously, THREE kinds of pie!)

Once I get home and can sort through everything I will post photos.

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  22. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

That's the way to do it! I'm looking forward to seeing your photos! :)

23. bjean

bjean Pin Fairy Godmother

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

Oh my goodness ... Goofy Moe is back!! Dang buddy, I've been wondering and worrying about you forever!! I hope all is well with you!! It's sooooo great to see you post!!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend David and Amy's wonderful pin bash!! Thank you to everyone that's posted updates, pictures and their acquisitions from the pin meet!! Congrats all around!! Take care, *bjean

24. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

I had a tremendous time at the event! Great times with friends, pie, seeing people's pretties and trading for some of them, pie, not stressing out about sharky behavior, pie...

Thank you to everyone who traded with me, brought me zaps and pickup orders and pretrades, or even just gave me hugs and chatted a bit. I always say that my favorite trade event is the docfish party, and this year proved that right yet again.

Following are all of my new treasures! I apologize if I mix up what came from who a bit; the day was a bit of a blur and I wound up throwing a lot of loose things into my totebag.

I got some pre-ordered pickups! @Sami had very generously sold me the Lion King film strip at cost from DSF's surprise online sale, and @Shelterkat picked up the Doctor's Day pin for me (and included this amazing Timon Happy Meal toy as a zap! She said he had my name on him. :3 ).

[​IMG]

@Romancing_Train made this AMAZING stained-glass badge of hula Timon! And @Blurkishgirl bestowed upon me one of her pie cookies since I had been talking so much about pie. XD A cookie decorated as pie, double yum! I haven't brought myself to eat it yet since it's so pretty, but I'll do so in the next day or two before it gets stale.

[​IMG]

Also from Romancing_Train came a slew of tsum tsums! She had most of the mystery mini pack ones that I was looking for, but I was most excited for the sub box Fix-It Felix arcade cabinet with mini Ralph and micro Felix tsums! I'mma dress as Felix for the sequel's opening night and bring this along with me! :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

@pretty Omi and I set up some pretrades for Funko minis; I got Applejack and Gerald! (Though I'm tempted to paint his bucket green. ;) )

[​IMG]

And I got some amazing Canadian chocolates from @CanaDaLE! I LOVE Smarties even more than M&Ms, so I was extra excited for those! And I somehow wound up with two Zootopia eggs (I thought I had only grabbed one, so I apologize if someone else who wanted one missed out! :( ) My prize from the egg I devoured at the event was a Nick eraser that I will be passing on to my Nick fan friend; I haven't broken into my second one yet but it's clackrattling around like it's a figurine. I can't wait to see what it actually is!

[​IMG]

Also from CanaDaLE was my prize from her latest game! And oh boy, is it a spectacular prize! I requested some hard maple candies, and she gave me an entire maple leaf-printed sandwich bag stuffed full of them! Not only that, but a Canada button and flag card, and a frickin' amazing Mulan as Ping DSF pin! (My roomie/BFF of 20 years is not a pin trader but his favorite Disney movie/character is Mulan, especially when she's Ping, so I've been collecting Ping pins for him.) I passed it on to him tonight and he got very excited and added it to his small but growing Ping collection. (But I made him promise that if for any reason he decided to give up his pins, he needs to do it through me since he has no idea about pin values and such. ;) ) Also in this photo are some zaps I got from Omi - a Firefly button and a badass Hawkeye sticker!

[​IMG]

I got bunches of zaps, too!

I started off with this wonderful zap package from @jadeites-lady (and I think @starry_solo as well...jadeite handed it to me while starry was elsewhere) full fo awesome items! A Harry Potter journal and bag from Wizarding World in Japan, a Lion King hairbow, an adorable kitty zippered pouch, a Judy badge pin, and a beautiful bracelet in Lion King-ish colors.

[​IMG]

The following are all from @PixiePost ! The new Disney Store Timon (which I didn't wind up getting myself before this since I have a bunch of plush Timons already, but I'm perfectly happy with another one! :D ), pin layard, yellow badger socks (yay, fellow Hufflepuff!), and figurines of an otter from Finding Dory (one of my favorite animals, and my college mascot!) and Dewey (us middle sibs gotta stick together!)!

[​IMG]

And then, I got a little package from @AshleyV . Inside were stickers of Daisy, Timon (not pictured since I didn't realize it was stuck in the package until after I took the photo), Pumbaa, and Joy, a Hawkeye tsum (aw yeaaaaaaaaah Hawk Guy!), and a DA 250 Timon and Pumbaa pin (WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!)!

[​IMG]

And lastly, if this wasn't all exciting enough, here are the trades I made.

[​IMG]

~ SF Giants pin (present for my dad; we're going to a Giants/Dodgers game on Father's Day and SF is our favorite team) from @Romancing_Train
    ~ Rita PTD (to replace my vanished one) from @Blurkishgirl
    ~ Aquarius pin (one of the very last for my Capriquarius collection!) from @CanaDaLE
    ~ Robin Hood book pin (already have it but I'm always down for more Robin traders) from @pretty Omi
    ~ Oliver BT (the last major Rita pin I was missing) from @starry_solo
    ~ Elsa/Anna Wanna Build A Snowman from...I'm blanking on her name. I'm pretty sure she came with @Diablo .
    ~ Inside Out pin from...I'm drawing a blank on who I traded for this as it was early in the event and I had lots of pie in my system at that point. If it was you, feel free to claim it if you want!
    ~ Oliver and Company button from @LadyBarclay

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  25. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

Sorry I’ve been MIA for the past few days... I’ll be posting pics of all my trades and zaps later today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.