• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2018 Hidden Mickey Release Watch

Which Upcoming HM Pin Set is YOUR Favorite (Pick One)

• WDW, Epcot Icons (6 pins)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DLR, Mickey Mouse (6 pins)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 Hidden Mickey Release Watch
image.jpg

The pin board at Panchito's Gifts and Sundries, at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, this morning when it opened at 8am. Quite luscious with all the new Hidden Mickey Pins, plus some from the last set. :) Happy Trading...
I am so sad that I am not standing in front of this board. It is awesome in so many ways.

image.jpg

The pin board at Panchito's Gifts and Sundries, at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, this morning when it opened at 8am. Quite luscious with all the new Hidden Mickey Pins, plus some from the last set. :) Happy Trading...
* whimpers at the Wonderland *

While I think all the pins in this wave are pretty nice I will say that I am the least impressed with the AIW pins. The silver on the bodies of each card is very easily scratched and, for some reason, a majority of the QOH pins have an odd sheen to the silver part. It reminds me of the green sheen that oil has to it when it is floating on water and the sunlight hits it just right. The image below shows the oddness of the silver part when you angle it to the light. You cannot see the green of the wavy-type look but it is there if you look in person. Kind of ruins this set for me. On the other hand, the Seven Dwarfs pins are my favorite set from the last few years and they are Fantastic...

20180922_071024.jpg

I went to DLR yesterday and had zero luck with the new HMs. The CMs told me they go really fast, so I guess I just got there too late?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wonder if there is anyway to time trading for HMs. It seems random to me (for the refreshes)… so too early, too late... I don't know if it matters.

I always wonder if there is anyway to time trading for HMs. It seems random to me (for the refreshes)… so too early, too late... I don't know if it matters.

I would say it depends on the location, and also who is working on a particular day. At my resort when I am working I randomly will put pins out on the pin board at one point in my shift, and also give CM's pins for their lanyards. This way no one set of traders can come in the shop each day at the same time and trade for all the Hidden Mickey's, leaving none for others. Just my two cents.

I would say it depends on the location, and also who is working on a particular day. At my resort when I am working I randomly will put pins out on the pin board at one point in my shift, and also give CM's pins for their lanyards. This way no one set of traders can come in the shop each day at the same time and trade for all the Hidden Mickey's, leaving none for others. Just my two cents.
This would be how I would hope everyone is doing it. Thanks for the info. :)

image.jpg

I never find boards like this. Too much to choose from!!

Pinfanatic, I am putting your resort and a visit to that pin board you made on my to do list for my trip next month!

I had some wonderful luck this week. I completed the DLR Kakamora set! And I completed the DLR princess set! Two sets completed in one week is a first for me. DLR let me down with the HM set announced in 2017, but boy they just made up for it in spades this week! Yay!

I had some wonderful luck this week. I completed the DLR Kakamora set! And I completed the DLR princess set! Two sets completed in one week is a first for me. DLR let me down with the HM set announced in 2017, but boy they just made up for it in spades this week! Yay!

Wow! Thanks for the tips. I hope I can finish those sets soon too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know if you have any extra Kakamora or princess HM we had pretty good luck with Moana and Alice HM today

Update: We got some mystery packs from the pin trading station behind Spaceship Earth and the one between England and France, we had four really good bags and ended up with about half of the surf boards and plushes, two chasers, plus a couple of others and a few duplicates. So far I've only seen a couple of the kitchen series on cast lanyards and pin boards but we're still looking for more!

Update: We got some mystery packs from the pin trading station behind Spaceship Earth and the one between England and France, we had four really good bags and ended up with about half of the surf boards and plushes, two chasers, plus a couple of others and a few duplicates. So far I've only seen a couple of the kitchen series on cast lanyards and pin boards but we're still looking for more!
Oh wow! So want some of those. Anyone know if DLR has been resupplied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back