• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2018 Pin Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if this is an app exclusive? Or will they be in the stores as well?

Asking for a friend camping out at the store in his mall.

That friend really didn't want to pay $6 for shipping.

That friend is me.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Usually, these types of pins are sold in some stores, not all. Those stores are typically the CM store in Burbank (not MOG) and Times Square. But, with this high LE size, you might have luck at your store...might....but probably not likely. Even though the LE is high, not all 1850 were released on DS US. Some will be saved for DS UK and DS Japan/Asia. And those are the ones who would actually have them in the physical stores as well as online.

Usually, these types of pins are sold in some stores, not all. Those stores are typically the CM store in Burbank (not MOG) and Times Square. But, with this high LE size, you might have luck at your store...might....but probably not likely. Even though the LE is high, not all 1850 were released on DS US. Some will be saved for DS UK and DS Japan/Asia. And those are the ones who would actually have them in the physical stores as well as online.
Excellent information. :) if all else fails, I can console myself with a Stromboli from mall pizza place. (can you tell I already had a contingency plan in place? XD)

I bought the Mulan pin this morning, but I went back and forth on the price. And then briefly confused myself by seeing it described as a set in the shopping cart and thinking that meant there were additional pins included that I hadn't noticed. I haven't had coffee yet.

Someone found map boxes at Epcot this weekend but bought 20. He's trading the duplicates on FB. Hopefully there are still more in the park.
I was wondering where they'd pop up next. The second wave usually lasts a bit, and then the third wave is around for a while. I'll be all over the place on Thursday, so I'll give a report. :3

Do we know if this is an app exclusive? Or will they be in the stores as well?

Asking for a friend camping out at the store in his mall.

That friend really didn't want to pay $6 for shipping.

That friend is me.

You could have texted me. Of course, you don't live too far away from the mall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mulan still hasn't sold out? I'm kinda surprised...

1850 is a big edition size, even divided. As someone else pointed out, the edition size and price limit the trade-ability of the pin. It's too risky a "flip" for the usual hoarders.

And Mulan is popular buuuuttttt she doesn't exactly light the world on fire in sales, which reinforces Disney's usual choice to limit how much merch they pump out. (I get why people complain about the marginalizing of Mulan and Pocahontas ... but the business proof is in the pudding. There's a segment of the Disney audience that will dive on new merch for either/both of them. But they do not typically attract the kind of rabid sales that other princesses do. You can debate the "fairness" of that until you are blue in the face, but that's facts. I expect the LE Mulan doll to do well, because collectors and fans have been waiting for-ev-er for her ... but she's not going to sell out by 3:03 am or whatever, the way Belle or Ariel would.) Honestly, it's kind of OK. The people who really care have a far better shot at scoring merch themselves, at retail, this way.

Mulan still hasn't sold out? I'm kinda surprised...

Addendum: And now the pin is showing as sold out ("Aw phooey"), so shows what I know, ha ha. Good for Mulan! I hope the collectors had more than enough time to score theirs.

Addendum: And now the pin is showing as sold out ("Aw phooey"), so shows what I know, ha ha. Good for Mulan! I hope the collectors had more than enough time to score theirs.
Honestly, genuinely. I thought, "huh, the pin hasn't sold out yet. I'll post and I bet by the time someone replies, it'll sell out."

It's creepy. XD

But still, super good for Mulan. :3 I'm really happy the pin sold well (if not a fire sale). I got one as a "trader" (meaning if I get stuck with it, I won't be upset (meaning I'm gonna get stuck with it, which is awesome :D)).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back