• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2018 Pin Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 Pin Releases
I feel like the hats are such a mediocre series. i can't think of any really cool hats (besides the tiara).. maybe captain hook, but they already did a PP.... who else wears iconic hats??
And Aurora's crown with the three fairies? But you're right there not much in that regard XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I feel like the hats are such a mediocre series. i can't think of any really cool hats (besides the tiara).. maybe captain hook, but they already did a PP.... who else wears iconic hats??

And Aurora's crown with the three fairies? But you're right there not much in that regard XD

The Mad Hatter. I don't wanna say duh, but ... duh. :p

ROBIN HOOD. ROBIN HOOD WEARS AN ICONIC HAT.

Argh, Lion King character block while I'll be on vacation! I was so hoping that the first release would have nothing I collect. If anyone gets in to the sale and grabs a spare one, I'm interested in it!

The cuties are cute, nothing I need from those but I'll head to the release anyway. Those cursive cuties are the only releases I've had good luck at (where the people outnumber the pins) in pretty much literally a year.

I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS PERFECT!

But that same sort of logo is on all of them. So the grey blob in the top left isn't his face.

485794a3e06c1272b421e4a5d83b5172.jpg

Therefore! It must be the only other available grey blob.

*holds for applause*

You work for the gov'ment or somethin?
th

Wow! I didn't notice that first time I looked. Figured they were two separate things. But maybe you're right. I'm so excited! I'm not going to get any, but I'm so excited!

Good luck to everyone trying for the online release! So much pressure . I would love the Mulan block!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROBIN HOOD. ROBIN HOOD WEARS AN ICONIC HAT.

Argh, Lion King character block while I'll be on vacation! I was so hoping that the first release would have nothing I collect. If anyone gets in to the sale and grabs a spare one, I'm interested in it!

The cuties are cute, nothing I need from those but I'll head to the release anyway. Those cursive cuties are the only releases I've had good luck at (where the people outnumber the pins) in pretty much literally a year.
Oh yea.. duh, I guess I thought RH was already in the flier.. I guess I just lumped it with the PP hat LOL don't the hats look similar? What small character would show up with the RH hat?

4335e55d907416720f3ac4e50e75e61f.jpg

More character blocks and cursive cuties. Rapunzels tiara is nice!

THIS TIME I WILL MASTER THESE ONLINE RELEASES. And get myself a birthday gift to boot! ^^

I really love how each of the characters in colored squares are looking at each other. Feels very Brady Bunch, lol. I don't think I noticed that particular design in previous Character Blocks. : o

ETA: I think the Simba/Nala one is particularly effective - they really look like they're interacting.

Also, did they *have* to put Jafar right between my favorite couple? -___-

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen these posted here yet... I submitted them to PinPics a while back and the Tink one was finally just added, so hopefully the others will follow suit soon.

I just got the Punz one as a trader and it's super gorgeous!!!! I'll post pics in the Mail Days thread after this. But here's the whole series; it was released on the JDS online store July 10th, and apparently they all sold out really quickly (unspecified LE size), but I have a friend in Japan who gives me really good deals on merch, and she got a few (I think I'm going to have to buy the rest after seeing how nice Punz is in person.)

Anyway, they're gold and stained glass, AND have jewels, AND are pin on pin (except for Jasmine, who is a dangle.) And they're actually pin OFF pin too, because the characters are detachable (which is pretty weird in Tink's case, since you'd be plucking her wings off.) Not sure if Jasmine detaches. It's kind of a weird feature; I'm not sure why you would want to separate the pieces. I guess maybe so you could put them on your pin board separately and make your collection look bigger?

Anyway, again, I'll go post pics in Mail Days so you can see how it actually works, but here's the whole series:

ZYIXZKd.jpg

eR5w7YX.jpg

fCgAX9B.jpg

bM8lzd5.jpg

ODh5ZB1.jpg

I don't think I've seen these posted here yet... I submitted them to PinPics a while back and the Tink one was finally just added, so hopefully the others will follow suit soon.

I just got the Punz one as a trader and it's super gorgeous!!!! I'll post pics in the Mail Days thread after this. But here's the whole series; it was released on the JDS online store July 10th, and apparently they all sold out really quickly (unspecified LE size), but I have a friend in Japan who gives me really good deals on merch, and she got a few (I think I'm going to have to buy the rest after seeing how nice Punz is in person.)

Anyway, they're gold and stained glass, AND have jewels, AND are pin on pin (except for Jasmine, who is a dangle.) And they're actually pin OFF pin too, because the characters are detachable (which is pretty weird in Tink's case, since you'd be plucking her wings off.) Not sure if Jasmine detaches. It's kind of a weird feature; I'm not sure why you would want to separate the pieces. I guess maybe so you could put them on your pin board separately and make your collection look bigger?

Anyway, again, I'll go post pics in Mail Days so you can see how it actually works, but here's the whole series:

ZYIXZKd.jpg

eR5w7YX.jpg

fCgAX9B.jpg

bM8lzd5.jpg

ODh5ZB1.jpg

I think these were posted a bit ago, but they're so pretty! I think I like Ariel the best because the stained glass seems much more natural with her scales and shells. I was considering getting it has a trader, but I thought it was an OE???

I have pics of the gold stained glass ones I should get around to posting as well. They really are very striking. The posts are long so you can get a nice layered effect with the pin on pin. Unfortunately my pin board is black so it doesnt really do the transparent effects justice. Tinkerbells colors soooort of blend together. But its really a great looking set and worth grabbing

I have pics of the gold stained glass ones I should get around to posting as well. They really are very striking. The posts are long so you can get a nice layered effect with the pin on pin. Unfortunately my pin board is black so it doesnt really do the transparent effects justice. Tinkerbells colors soooort of blend together. But its really a great looking set and worth grabbing

I have a black background too, so I cut out white paper and place it under the stained glass part!

I actually really like those cursive cuties (hadn't seen them before now), but unfortunately I think they're a little too cute to ever feature my three characters of choice. :D

Reactions: Ajk
I think these were posted a bit ago, but they're so pretty! I think I like Ariel the best because the stained glass seems much more natural with her scales and shells. I was considering getting it has a trader, but I thought it was an OE???

Ariel is def the next one I want to get! *heart eyes* Too bad I don't actually collect her... kinda seems like they shoulda made an Esmeralda one since oh I don't know STAINED GLASS IS LITERALLY A VISUAL FOCAL POINT OF HER FILM. But whatevs, like I care.

CrjWc7F.jpg

Since they sold out online (and quickly at that) there's def a finite amount of each pin haha, but yeah, I think it's a larger edition size. Maybe more of an LR than an LE? There are quite a few on eBay right now, but all from Japanese resellers who must have just recently gotten them in hand and are now unloading them. So I think it will be a while before we have a realistic idea of how many are in circulation and where the value settles. I feel like a lot of ostensibly OE Japanese pins seem to increase in value over time for whatever reason; maybe there are a lot more Japanese pin collectors than most would assume, so the pins stay monopolized over there and don't get traded overseas often. Maybe people assume that international pins are automatically rarer/more valuable. Maybe they just disappear into collections. Who knows...

But regardless of edition size, my motto is that if I can buy a Rapunzel pin at cost, ALWAYS BUY A RAPUNZEL PIN AT COST. xD You can't really go wrong with her in your traders. Homegirl has def gotten me quite a few grails. To quote one of our generation's most esteemed poet laureates, the eminent Sir Mix-A-Lot, I "don't want none unless you got Punz, hun."

Last edited:

Yup, they're a few pages back. Those things are pretty big too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back