• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2018 Pin Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 Pin Releases
Quarterly HMs?

lOalaCT.gif

So awesome, any info on the windows of evil release or just a preview

They will be releasing all seven at DL before the end of the year. They don’t know dates yet and depending on the timing of when decisions are made, they may or may not be in the monthly flyers. So potential surprise releases. And more than one a month so they can finish them in the calendar year as originally planned.

Is there anything new or exciting in the silent auction(s)?
Auctions are fewer and smaller than prior years. About half the auctions are for experiences like helping design a pin or lunch with a pin artist. Cool things, but not pins. Also a couple were vinylmation dolls. Off hand I recall 3 pin auctions - one for about 15 NBC pins in a single frame; one of several frames with MNSSHP and other Halloween pins (I think) from the past couple of years: and one with one very large frame and a couple of smaller ones with pins from various recent release nights sets ( aladdin’s Genies, peter pan’s map, Bambi pins, etc). I believe there was a fourth one but I don’t recall what it had.

Auctions are fewer and smaller than prior years. About half the auctions are for experiences like helping design a pin or lunch with a pin artist. Cool things, but not pins. Also a couple were vinylmation dolls. Off hand I recall 3 pin auctions - one for about 15 NBC pins in a single frame; one of several frames with MNSSHP and other Halloween pins (I think) from the past couple of years: and one with one very large frame and a couple of smaller ones with pins from various recent release nights sets ( aladdin’s Genies, peter pan’s map, Bambi pins, etc). I believe there was a fourth one but I don’t recall what it had.

The large frame was the one from all the recent release nights. And there was a D23 Expo 2017 frame.

They will be releasing all seven at DL before the end of the year. They don’t know dates yet and depending on the timing of when decisions are made, they may or may not be in the monthly flyers. So potential surprise releases. And more than one a month so they can finish them in the calendar year as originally planned.
Thanks, this is the series that moved me from admirer to collector so just trying to budget as much as possible given the nature of the hobby

Reactions: Ajk
Also concerning the Odpt.com

They are working on it very very hard. XD The current hiccups are that the site (and by extension, the flyers) are actually not handled by the pin team, but rather the greater marketing machine which... Is less "enthusiastic" about pins than the current, amazing pin team.

So there's some wrangling for control going on, but they are indeed fighting for it!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Thank you! I was going to express my opinions on what they could do to solve this and then I realized it
wouldn't matter what I thought.

Thank you so much Merlin! These pictures are amazing.

When I first was looking at the pins, I was thinking it looks like I might get a bit of a breather on the AIW pins. Then nope. I can't believe how much they are popping up, especially the card soldiers with painting the roses. OMG.

I dont have any of the WOE but oh man, I'd love to get my hands on Kaa! And the Ariel latte...

So many awesome releases... take my moneeeeeeyyyyyyy

Thank you! I was going to express my opinions on what they could do to solve this and then I realized it
wouldn't matter what I thought.
This is me just reading into things, but the woman whom I spoke with about it (who was super duper sweet) had a tone of "if we could JUST get them to let it go, we'd be golden". So there's definitely a struggle for control over the site and, sadly, the people who currently have the control don't seem to care much for pins :(

Last edited:
This is me just reading into things, but the woman whom I spoke with about it (who was super duper sweet) had a tone of "if we could JUST get them to let it go, we'd be golden". So there's definitely a struggle for control over the site and, sadly, the people who currently have the control don't seem to care much for pins :(

My Dad and our friend talked to them too. They seemed to imply the MDE IT people are responsible for their stuff...and if you've used MDE you know they have MUCH bigger problems to worry about. My Dad said, something about an executive commenting about the lack of a website, and the lower level pin guys feeling exasperated because they've been waiting a year already and can't get it moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back