• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2018 Pin Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

The DSF Black Panther release was just meh (doesn't really warrant its own thread). 208 showed up, no surprise and no word on PTDs. I pulled 177 and was out the door with my pins by 6:45. A lot of people either left or only bought the marquee and maybe one other pin. I think the marquee will sell out within the next few days (maybe by the end of the day, but at least half will be there at store open so it may take an extra day or two) and the rest will stick around for awhile.
Thanks for the post...was wondering about the release. :)

At least one series 2 WDI heroines pin just popped up on eBay and almost instantly sold, it was Sally with nightshade. No idea if it was legit or not.

This is a super big deal. :/ wdi could pull the series for something like this.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Does this mean the series has been scrapped or that we have a very naughty WDI employee on our hands?

I'm thinking something closer to the latter option. The said seller has a number of WDI pins for sale, which I don't believe have been scrapped.

Heck, even if it was a scrapper I'd get it. It's gorgeous.

EDIT: After some digging I've pretty much confirmed that they are a Disney employee. At least as of 2015. I won't say any more details - but I don't believe the series has been scrapped.

Double edit: If this is part of series 2, and not a later series, than our theories about chronological releases have been thrown out the window... I wonder if this is actually for a later series.

Last edited:
I'm thinking something closer to the latter option. The said seller has a number of WDI pins for sale, which I don't believe have been scrapped.

EDIT: After some digging I've pretty much confirmed that they are a Disney employee. At least as of 2015. I won't say any more details - but I don't believe the series has been scrapped.

Double edit: If this is part of series 2, and not a later series, than our theories about chronological releases have been thrown out the window... I wonder if this is actually for a later series.
I think Sally was in the list for the next batch, given that Eionwy was the next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I checked the theories forum and you're totally right. I just had her as March since I'm really hoping that there would be a Bianca pin (but it's very unlikely now)
That would be awesome! I'm getting ready to tear out my still-beating heart for Ariel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Remember when the Spherical Ariel & Elsa from DSSH showed up before release? DSSH supposedly counted their stock and they were all accounted for, so that meant they were the nasty overrun scrapper variety. And we saw what ultimately ended up happening with those.

This series was a forgone conclusion that they would go for $$$ so I could see the US contact and the China contact figuring out before the pins were made, that they should just make extra. It will be curious to see if WDI does anything about it or not.

Interesting that the seller has taken down all their other listings now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back