• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2018 Pin Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already decided to stay off FB and IG for the next week. I'm so ready for these heroines to be over. If Anna is going to be in her coronation gown next month, I'll cry.

I'll join you. As a Frozen collector, I am dreading the next release already. I would like Belle and Alice too, but I'm already used to there being a ton of their pins I just won't get. Frozen, while there are several HTF's I don't have, my Mom was able to get me many of the WDI releases so I was hoping to attempt to be WDI complete (although I am missing a couple HTFs already). These, put a major wrench in those plans.

I do have a couple of nice PODM scenes as possible traders, but I have a feeling people will be looking for Heroines they didn't get, BTs, Gomes and the other usual suspects.

So have people been offering souls, kidneys, and left testicles for Rapunzel? Or is that just the asking price in addition to several hundred dollars.

For me, Tiana is the winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aw man, I'm already at a disadvantage...I can't offer 1 of those 3...

Add me to the fan club. I usually have no interest in her, and there are other ones here that match my wants/collections more, but I do think that visually she is the best of this bunch.
So have people been offering souls, kidneys, and left testicles for Rapunzel? Or is that just the asking price in addition to several hundred dollars.

For me, Tiana is the winner.

I was hoping for her in the waitress dress, though, but I get that it made the most sense for her to be holding Frog Naveen so then she had to be in the blue dress. Still probably want (need?) this pin for the wife's fringe Tiana/Naveen collection.

Actually, the waitress dress holding a beignet would have been the ultimate. The blue dress holding Naveen just seems too "safe" to me and it has been done before. Examples include the beloved tales pin and 110th legacy collection pin.

Personally the winner in this set is Kida for me! She is SO on model, and she just looks fantastic! I love her face.
Lilo and Vanellope also look great. No issues with anatomy, their objects are super cute, and I love the background colors.
Captain Amelia just looks WEIRD. I love the way they did the map, and I still want my favorite badass cat lady, but she's an odd looking one for sure.
Tiana is cute, but her face just looks wrong to me? She's way too excited. I'm happy for her that she's that happy, but that's just not a Tiana face! Also I both love and hate the glitter in her dress? It seems "too much" for me. And agreed with the others, this outfit was way too "safe" would have loved her in yellow! Or heck even in her bayou dress, I just think that one is prettier that a one off costume she wore at the part for minutes before turning into a frog...
Raps looks weird to me too?? Her face looks too pudgy and that jaw line looks way too large for her. Her background has a lot of detail, and I love Pascal but how funny would it have been to have her frying pan? I think they're enjoying hiding other characters within these pins tho
Calhoun I am so so so happy to have her get her own pin!

So cool seeing such underrated characters included in this set! <3 I love me some Kida, but idk, her proportions seem a little off to me... It looks like she's hunching her shoulders and her head is maybe a little too big for her body? Rapunzel's proportions look a little wonky, too. Hopefully we'll get some close-up pics soon.

Like I said, I love seeing all these underrated ladies getting some love, but tbh I'm so ready for this series to be over. It's bringing out the worst in some people...

I was hoping for her in the waitress dress, though, but I get that it made the most sense for her to be holding Frog Naveen so then she had to be in the blue dress. Still probably want (need?) this pin for the wife's fringe Tiana/Naveen collection.

Actually, the waitress dress holding a beignet would have been the ultimate. The blue dress holding Naveen just seems too "safe" to me and it has been done before. Examples include the beloved tales pin and 110th legacy collection pin.

Agreed, I love Tiana's waitress outfit! It's so cute.

I feel like this is honestly the first set for me where I like all of their designs lol

Found close-up pics (IG: instapinzzies.) Kida's head def looks too big to me, and her face seems a little squished. But after some googling, apparently that's just how she looks in the movie (or at least parts of it.) As an artist, it still kinda bugs me, but I like the pin regardless and will probably be adding it along with the Meg and Esmeralda Heroines on my list of perpetually unattainable grails, ha.

c2gEqny.jpg

QmsGpCC.jpg

Found close-up pics (IG: instapinzzies.) Kida's head def looks too big to me, and her face seems a little squished. But after some googling, apparently that's just how she looks in the movie (or at least parts of it.) As an artist, it still kinda bugs me, but I like the pin regardless and will probably be adding it along with the Meg and Esmeralda Heroines on my list of perpetually unattainable grails, ha.

c2gEqny.jpg

QmsGpCC.jpg
The tip of her nose isn't quite right in the pin. Another look:
atlantis-the-lost-empire-atlantis-the-lost-empire-28481899-500-213.gif

I really want that Tiana one - but those prices are ridiculous :(

I SURVIVED!!! Pins in hand and heading home.

Crazy crazy release. Last time I showed up @ 12:00 and was out at 12:50. This time, in 10:45 out 1:05. I suspect the fact it was a surprise Tuesday didn’t really matter when they announced the release 2-3 hours before the store opened.

The tip of her nose isn't quite right in the pin. Another look:
atlantis-the-lost-empire-atlantis-the-lost-empire-28481899-500-213.gif

I really want that Tiana one - but those prices are ridiculous :(

You're right, it's much too upturned. /:

I can't believe people are actually out there buying pins at these prices... Idk who they are, but I want to live the kind of lifestyle where I can afford to drop hundreds of dollars on a tiny piece of metal with a cartoon character's face on it. What do these people do for a living, and how do I get a job there??

(Actually, scratch that. Even if I were a billionaire, I ain't shelling out $700 on a pin. If I ever do, please get me into therapy immediately.)

I SURVIVED!!! Pins in hand and heading home.

Crazy crazy release. Last time I showed up @ 12:00 and was out at 12:50. This time, in 10:45 out 1:05. I suspect the fact it was a surprise Tuesday didn’t really matter when they announced the release 2-3 hours before the store opened.
Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back