2018 Pin Releases

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by a4matte, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Tamatoa

Tamatoa I'd rather be shiny!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

No, but the pins blog said that they think it will be during the event and now I'm freaking out lol.

2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    252   0   0

HOLY POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMP an entire pin of just the Wizard's Duel!!!!!

I'll definitely need to track one of these bad boys down!

cadien and MerlinEmrys like this.
  3. NutMeg

NutMeg The Nefarious N.M.G.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Ughhh... well actually this changes nothing for me because my chances of getting the Hunchback cluster were already slim-to-none. Not to mention the fact that, like the Heroines, it'll be another double whammy for me with both the Hunchback and Hercules clusters released at the same time. /:

When these series were first announced I was all, "La la la, it's gonna be SO easy for us Hunchback collectors to get ours! There are so few of us! Everyone will be busy clamoring for the popular movies and we'll get the table scraps!" Oh, how young and naive I was...

[​IMG]

4. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

All of the pop up events have been for D23 Members tho??

5. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

The clusters don't have nearly the high asking price as the heroines, I dunno about Herc, but I'd sure hope Hunchback would be one of the easier to get ones

6. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    472   0   0

I think the next set which would include Herc and Hunchback will be released in May. Which means the last set probably drops at the June event (which will likely include Moana...).

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

DitzyDreamer likes this.
  7. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

I’ve thought about joining D23 just for these pop up things but I’m not sure how they work. Also not sure about driving all the way up there just for a release that may or may not tickle my fancy.

But I am grateful I’m not a Hunchback or a Hercules in general collector. Hades probably won’t be on the cluster so it’s all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. NutMeg

NutMeg The Nefarious N.M.G.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I guess I wouldn't know, it's been a while since I've had the funds to actually shop for pins haha. But I pretty much just assume that every pin nowadays (*especially* WDI ones) are ridiculously overpriced on the secondary market.

9. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

The clusters really seem to fluctuate! Now I can only go on eBay, or what I see in passing on IG (I've been avoiding FB), but they all generally have stayed under $100 until this most recent batch.

10. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    252   0   0

For the most part, the clusters start high when they first drop, then over the following weeks they steadily fall to about a half to a third of their original asking price. I expect the SUPER popular ones to stay a bit higher (Alice, TLM, BatB, probably Tangled when it drops) but I don't expect Hunchback to stay insanely high for long. It will also really depend on pin design and how wonky they make the characters' eyes, as a lot of these clusters have been a bit...off.

NutMeg and MerlinEmrys like this.
  11. Tamatoa

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I've been to one (granted, a couple years ago) that was open just to WDW Cast Members instead of D23

Well that is very good to know!

12. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Ooh, yeah, all the ones I know of in the last year or two, have been connected to a D23 event. For example the one this past November was attached to a screening of Winnie the Pooh, or the Destination D event, which are D23 exclusive. I think sometimes they open to the public after a certain amount of time, but the WDI pins are usually gone by then :c

13. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    472   0   0

Hey! Doesn't the Park Pack kick back up in May??

14. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

Yes, on the 29th! Waiting impatiently.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    MerlinEmrys likes this.
  15. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

It should. It should arrive around the end of May or start of June. The delay email hinted at the themes for the next three months. July will be awesome.

16. Tamatoa

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Laaame. I'm just super annoyed that they took away an opportunity to get CM exclusive pins... from CMs. Like, why.

17. pattimarie

pattimarie Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Is the pin a spinner? Just love them getting so many animals in from the Wizard's duel!

18. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    472   0   0

A new Star Wars pin, Solo Mystery set, and Infinity War opening day. Also close up of the Alice Lunchbox [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

OooOoOooOo I'm glad I decided to go for the lunchbox; the inside is cute! Although ... does eating a bread-and-butterfly seem strangely cannibalistic to anyone else??? Ha.

20. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

That's the first Infinity War pin I've liked!

21. arielsdinglehopper

arielsdinglehopper Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

May pins for WDW and DLR!! I need this Ratatouille, Tink and PATF pins <3 (also @MerlinEmrys LOOK! Merlin for Teachers Day and Herc!!)

22. a4matte

a4matte Poor Unfortunate Soul

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Flyers for May

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

That's a good month! :0

arielsdinglehopper likes this.
  24. arielsdinglehopper

arielsdinglehopper Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Right?! There are so many nice pins! *__*

25. sirradel

sirradel Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Omg! The Father’s Day pin! The princess and the frog! Moana! This is such a good month

arielsdinglehopper likes this.