• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2018 PTD Discussion Thread - UPDATED 12/18/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 PTD Discussion Thread - UPDATED 12/18/2018
I was super surprised the crescent moons had a turnout of 355 and I assumed it was because it was a Friday release. I personally thought they were really nice but most expected it would not be a hit.

I thought it was going to be slow until I saw all the ISO's going up. I thought the same, maybe because it was on Friday, more people weren't able to make it compared to the Saturday releases.
But we've been stuck in the Heroines crossfire for a little while, so until those ISO's start dying down, the DSF pins will be sitting on the side lines for a bit.
I talked to a few people at the WiT release, most of them say they're coming for the Flowers, but they're all DSF regulars so I feel they don't count lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jangles has left the building. Down to just Skylar. If people play the cards right, we *might* have a release flip on Friday.

Photo by Christopher Serrano on Facebook.

29103478_10156377935578814_1014128675991056007_n.jpg

I know this is the PTD thread, but I have to say I am surprised the marquee is still there. I thought folks went crazy for those and there are some major marquee collectors out there. Plus I thought expectations were high for the movie. Are folks thinking it will bomb? Do people tend to prefer animated marquees? Just wondering.

I know this is the PTD thread, but I have to say I am surprised the marquee is still there. I thought folks went crazy for those and there are some major marquee collectors out there. Plus I thought expectations were high for the movie. Are folks thinking it will bomb? Do people tend to prefer animated marquees? Just wondering.

People like things that will resell for a lot of $$$. Unfortunately marquees like these appeal to a very limited number of hard core collectors. Hence, resellers aren't out to get them.

Reactions: Ajk

There’s def mixed reviews about it but mainly that it’s a movie for kids. I kinda liked it but there were def cringey moments considering I’m not a teenage girl anymore lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ajk
The marquee also has QC issues. There may have been some that were sold but returned. Whatever process they used for the blue fill on the background was prone to lots of errors.

Just my luck, easiest Marquee im able to get and at good price and of course it's the one no one wants and won't be hard to get anyway.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have never gone to the Studio Store/Soda Fountain, but was debating making my sister head up there with me this Friday to check it out (and do some recon...you never know when they might decide to release a Kim Possible PTD. They did a Darkwing, after all!) But their Facebook page says there is a release this Friday-is there a way to find out what is being released? Is it worth it to even go if we won't be there until closer to noon? Will it be a total zoo? Will there be a chance of me getting a PTD? Someone please advise!!! :confused:

I have never gone to the Studio Store/Soda Fountain, but was debating making my sister head up there with me this Friday to check it out (and do some recon...you never know when they might decide to release a Kim Possible PTD. They did a Darkwing, after all!) But their Facebook page says there is a release this Friday-is there a way to find out what is being released? Is it worth it to even go if we won't be there until closer to noon? Will it be a total zoo? Will there be a chance of me getting a PTD? Someone please advise!!! :confused:

This Friday will have the Spring Flowers/ Blooms release. Currently, there's one PTD left. IF it sells out during the morning release, then they WILL DEFINITELY flip to a new set. No one knows what this new set will be.

If it doesn't sell out, then the last PTD will remain. Even if it sells out during the day, it will not flip the same day.

Yes, the release is the Easter flowers (puffy-looking characters within flowers). The release is going to be at 6am, but I’m expecting a fairly quiet release as there really isn’t any presale activity going on (meaning sharks can’t get $$$ for them so are more likely to stay away). Most/all of the release pins are likely to still be there after the release and at noon the shop should pretty much be dead. As far as PTDs, it all depends on how few Skykars there are left and how many people who go in the morning will be willing to purchase so he sells out during the release.

So if the PTD sells out before 10 am, when the store regularly opens, it will flip to a new PTD set - do I have that right?
Is anyone here planning on going? And what is the opinion of going around noon?

(edited to say: Oops! Tessa, I must have been typing while you posted!)

So if the PTD sells out before 10 am, when the store regularly opens, it will flip to a new PTD set - do I have that right?
Is anyone here planning on going? And what is the opinion of going around noon?

(edited to say: Oops! Tessa, I must have been typing while you posted!)

Correct. The new rules state that if the current PTD set sells out during a morning release, then they WILL release a new PTD set.

Let's say it flips in the morning. It's probable that they won't sell out because of the limits on each person. Also, there's probably not going to be a lot of people at the release. Depending on what the new flip is, if you go at noon, you may have a chance if they're not super popular. However, if they are, facebook and IG will all know about it, and people will come out for store opening at 10am (and the popular ones/ lower LEs will prob sell out by noonish). If you get there at noon on the dot, you will need to stand in a line that has been growing since 10am. I'd say my average PTD wait time is almost 2 hours.

If it doesn't flip, then you can get the flying cat PTD lol

So do a bunch of people buy the PTD and forgo the sundae (that technically is the thing you're buying)? Cause if it's before store opening, you kind of have to, right?

You can always say no sundae. For my personal accounting, I'd say I was paying half for the sundae and half for the pin.. and then I had too much ice cream. I don't get the ice cream anymore. I think Tessa gives hers to the guards working in the parking structure

You can always say no sundae. For my personal accounting, I'd say I was paying half for the sundae and half for the pin.. and then I had too much ice cream. I don't get the ice cream anymore. I think Tessa gives hers to the guards working in the parking structure

Ice Cream for breakfast is the adult thing to do ! lol

In case you want to help the flip along, Tessa has a post in the Pin Sales section with about 8 people (including me!) who are looking for the Skylar PTD. I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you talked to the members on that list and helped a brother and/or sister out! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back