• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2018 PTD Discussion Thread - UPDATED 12/18/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 PTD Discussion Thread - UPDATED 12/18/2018
I'm curious, what exactly are the new release rules? Or do you think maybe they didn't have anything to
follow up with and so they are just making everyone wait until something is produced?

I'm curious, what exactly are the new release rules? Or do you think maybe they didn't have anything to
follow up with and so they are just making everyone wait until something is produced?

I think the new rules boil down to: they release new PTDs whenever they feel like it (with the exception of a guaranteed flip if the current set sells out during a flyer release).

I think they are just spacing them out more, which to me makes sense. By releasing them one right after the other as they had been doing, it A) creates the craziness of folks just camping out/getting right back on line to get the flips and B) burning through all the pins in a short period of time. This way, they keep interest/excitement going through a longer period of time and B) avoid a campsite in front of their store. Of course, it makes it a little trickier to grab pins when they do release them and makes it more of a "luck" issue, but that may be more fair in some ways. I could definitely see them putting them out more on a monthly or so basis to have stuff happening throughout the year.

I think they are just spacing them out more, which to me makes sense. By releasing them one right after the other as they had been doing, it A) creates the craziness of folks just camping out/getting right back on line to get the flips and B) burning through all the pins in a short period of time. This way, they keep interest/excitement going through a longer period of time and B) avoid a campsite in front of their store. Of course, it makes it a little trickier to grab pins when they do release them and makes it more of a "luck" issue, but that may be more fair in some ways. I could definitely see them putting them out more on a monthly or so basis to have stuff happening throughout the year.

I guess my biggest thing about this is that it makes it harder for those of us who live out of town (like different state) to visit
the Soda Fountain and benefit with a nice pin. I wouldn't drive all the way over there to eat ice cream. :)

Okay, so while we wait, I thought this would be an interesting little promo (it's for the premiere of DS9, but I just remember the tagline of "It waits...")

people are still going there and hanging around there or near by waiting for a flip on daily basis.

I guess my biggest thing about this is that it makes it harder for those of us who live out of town (like different state) to visit
the Soda Fountain and benefit with a nice pin. I wouldn't drive all the way over there to eat ice cream. :)
Yeah, I definitely can see that aspect of it.

FLIP! I'll get a better pic later. If anyone can get me a Launchpad I would love you forever!
29664653_1894548933929867_8082221454413107350_o.jpg

I love how they did Darkwing Duck earlier and now Launchpad. I wonder what other Disney Afternoon characters may show up in the PTD lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back